PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

Pia Carrot
10th July 2013, 08:14 PM
Okay, so Team Fail got me into this damn Ebay thing today and now I'm addicted. I keep buying stuff ;_;

On the bright side I now have all of the RPGs made for Nintendo 64 and I bought Pia Carrot 2.2 for Gameboy Color.

So, who uses Ebay and what are your stories?

karatekid552
10th July 2013, 09:08 PM
My sister just bought a professional flute off of ebay... Worth about $1500, but it only cost us $350. So yeah, pretty good experience.XD

droomph
10th July 2013, 10:20 PM
fffffff idk. I've never actually used it…but I suppose it wouldn't be that bad, considering I already use Amazon quite a bit :p

Team Fail
11th July 2013, 08:33 PM
I've bought a few things on eBay myself.

-Pocket Monsters Heart Gold
-Pocket Monsters Gin/Kin/Crystal (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

I'm looking at some more bids at this very moment though. (One of mention is Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal)

Pirate Ninja
12th July 2013, 11:20 AM
Lol I'm considering being an ebay-addict when I get my accounts and cards, so yes I would like to do this shizz.

Diegoisawesome
12th July 2013, 04:34 PM
I recently bought a Dialga/Palkia DS Lite, because my old one's top screen started failing on me. Oh, and I bought a collection of iPhone chargers (for the wall and car and whatnot) that turned out to be poorly-made fakes. Ehh, they still work. For now, anyways.

Pia Carrot
12th July 2013, 04:50 PM
Got my first feedbacks today. Both positive ^_^

I bought that bootleg Pokemon Diamond for GBC but the seller hasn't done anything yet :I

Team Fail
12th July 2013, 06:34 PM
I recently bought a Dialga/Palkia DS Lite, because my old one's top screen started failing on me. Oh, and I bought a collection of iPhone chargers (for the wall and car and whatnot) that turned out to be poorly-made fakes. Ehh, they still work. For now, anyways.

I got a China-exclusive Red Dragon shell online and did a shell replacement on my Lite. I might get that shell in the future though.

Pia Carrot
14th July 2013, 04:10 PM
http://snag.gy/lm30L.jpg

Officially addicted to Ebay...

Elsa
14th July 2013, 05:16 PM
Man, I used to use Ebay so much back when McDonald's had their stuffed animal set xD

Team Fail
14th July 2013, 06:33 PM
http://snag.gy/lm30L.jpg

Officially addicted to Ebay...

Damn you on fire man. Except I have my original SP battery and charger lmao.

Also, I was looking at two bids: Pocket Monsters Gin/Kin/Crystal so I can replace the broken Crystal I have, and Pocket Monsters Ruby/Sapphire/Fushigi no Dungeon Aka no Kyuujotai (Red Rescue Team), but as it got near the end, the price started getting way too high. I still have one more bid that I am watching.

Diegoisawesome
14th July 2013, 06:35 PM
Damn you on fire man. Except I have my original SP battery and charger lmao.

Also, I was looking at two bids: Pocket Monsters Gin/Kin/Crystal so I can replace the broken Crystal I have, and Pocket Monsters Ruby/Sapphire/Fushigi no Dungeon Aka no Kyuujotai (Red Rescue Team), but as it got near the end, the price started getting way too high. I still have one more bid that I am watching.
How is your Crystal broken? Is the battery dead or is it more like my Yellow which only starts to a white screen?

Team Fail
14th July 2013, 07:14 PM
How is your Crystal broken? Is the battery dead or is it more like my Yellow which only starts to a white screen?

It's broken in the fact that when someone tried replacing the battery, they did it incorrectly, and it ended up shorting out and destroying the save chip. And this isn't the first time I've had this happen to boot.

Gal
26th July 2013, 06:35 PM
I was wonderin' if it's worth to buy 3DS from there. What's the chance that it will be fake? And how can I know if it's fake? ;-;
Is it better to just go buy from one of the stores nearby or buy from ebay?

Team Fail
26th July 2013, 06:56 PM
I was wonderin' if it's worth to buy 3DS from there. What's the chance that it will be fake? And how can I know if it's fake? ;-;
Is it better to just go buy from one of the stores nearby or buy from ebay?

Easy: You can't get a fake 3DS. The software hasn't been reverse-engineered, so any and all 3DS consoles on eBay should be legitimate.

Also, that Viet Crystal I mentioned, was removed from eBay for ToS violations. However, I talked to the guy that posted it, and he reposted it for me as a Buy It Now, so I swiped it up. ALL MINE MWAHAHAHA.

looper
26th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Well, normally, when you buy via paypal (is there another method? It's been a while) you can tell paypal that you didn't get your product and you'll get your money back. If you find someone who has a good reputation (which is shown), you're most likely save.

Gal
26th July 2013, 10:13 PM
Easy: You can't get a fake 3DS. The software hasn't been reverse-engineered, so any and all 3DS consoles on eBay should be legitimate.

Also, that Viet Crystal I mentioned, was removed from eBay for ToS violations. However, I talked to the guy that posted it, and he reposted it for me as a Buy It Now, so I swiped it up. ALL MINE MWAHAHAHA.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I will buy the 3DS more half a year. What will be the fake consoles' "popularity" then?

Pia Carrot
26th July 2013, 11:32 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I will buy the 3DS more half a year. What will be the fake consoles' "popularity" then?

I doubt it will be cracked and mass produced by then.

Shhwonk
26th July 2013, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if it will be possible to crack the 3DS. Deep down I hope it becomes possible...because I like my DS, GBA, GB/C, and S/NES flash carts, lol.

I really want a special/limited/collector's edition 3DS but it always seems like Nintendo decides to save that for only the XL/LL versions of the handhelds...which is unfortunate because I prefer the regular size.. :confused: On Ebay the LoZ 3DS is like $500, ugh.

EB Games here is selling their 3DS's for only $139 refurbished, which isn't too bad. There isn't a huge collection out for the 3DS so I'm waiting it out, probably until X & Y get released.

Shhwonk
28th July 2013, 04:04 AM
Not to be a party pooper but that's dishonest. Don't do it and don't advertise it, or you'll cause a tragedy of the commons.

You should reconsider your insistence on the regular size :) My lady friend got a 3DS for her birthday and sold it to buy a 3DS XL, and the quality difference (not just in terms of display but in handling it and such) was enormous.

I'm personally thinking of getting a DS Lite and a flash cart since I'm pretty conservative with video games. Since I've gotten lots of things on eBay it's down to eBay or a local used-goods store.

I'm not sure about the XL still.. I heard there was a sort of distortion/stretching effect of the display due to the increased screen size. Kind of like when stretching an image on Paint. I'm a perfectionist in that sense, as I like to see every individual pixel clearly...at least, that's what the case was with the DSi XL.

I highly recommend getting a Supercard DSTwo flash cart for your DS Lite. I have one for my DSi, and it has your NES, SNES, GB/C, GBA and DS emulators (and probably more, those are all I care about).
btw, also get a protector because the shoulder buttons become crap after awhile, as is the case with many a gamer.

droomph
8th September 2013, 04:52 AM
Well, I got a Megaman X off of eBay, and lost two Wind Wakers :p

I hate bidding. It's annoying. You get your hopes up for a $0.99 game, then NOPE IT'S $40

AriNikoBradshaw
7th October 2013, 09:59 PM
Lol you started buying a ton of stuff? XD

I use Amazon, personally. Never really liked eBay all that much and I could usually find better deals on Amazon.