PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon MarvelRed Hack *RECRUITING*

auroraborealis
29th April 2014, 02:04 AM
*Latest Updates in BOLD UNDERLINE*
Hey! I'm making a Marvel Comics themed hack game! I think it has a lot of potential and is a really cool idea, but I SERIOUSLY need help. I was originally going to make it alone but I realized I don't posses the skills or time necessary.

I do have some hacking skills and have edited the game a bit, but there's some stuff I can't figure out, and I don't have a ton of time on my hands, but I'll get to that in a sec. Here's a little more info about the game...

Title: Pokemon MarvelRed
Hack of: Emerald
Pokemon MarvelRed is a Marvel themed pokemon game featuring things such as avengers as gym leaders, villains joined together in enemy teams, Peter Parker as your rival and stuff like that.

(If I finish this, I'd like to follow it up with DCBlack and DisneyWhite. I also had a few ideas for Half-BloodOrange and HogwartsViolet, although those probably won't happen)
(if you join the team you are NOT required to help with these future projects)

PROGRESS: So far, I have...
*A basic storyline
*Several character sprite designs, including the main characters.
*Most of the scripting done in Littleroot (now called Origin Town)
*The introduction scripting done

I was attempting to edit the title screen but even after carefully reading several tutorials all I succeeded in doing was making rayquaza look like a blue and yellow mess (don't ask how that happened).

I WILL BE HELPING LOTS WITH THIS HACK! I DO HAVE EDITING SKILLS JUST NOT ALL THE ONES NEEDED! I WILL BE PUTTING IN EFFORT AND WORK JUST AS MUCH AS MY TEAM!

So, WHAT I NEED:
*BOX ART! And title screen art! (I actually made one but it's not super great)
*Someone who can edit overworld sprites
*Someone who can put said overworld sprites in the game
*Someone who can put trainer sprites in the game (when you battle with them) (I've already made many of these, although they may need a few changes)
*Someone who can edit the title and copyright screen and whatnot
*Someone who can insert generation 4 and 5 pokemon into the game
*People with hex editing skills! Because I have no idea how to use those gosh dang hex programs!
*If you've actually made or participated in making a hack game before, that would be best!

*I also need someone who knows how to change the zigzagoon that chases prof. birch. I need it to be a raticate (it's for the sake of a pun)

So far, my team consists of:
Head Hacker/Storyboard Director: AuroraBorealis (that's me)

And, that's it. Just me. I need help. I've scoured the internet for certain tutorials to no avail. SO, if you're interested, and can do/help with one or more of the things above...

Name:
Skills/Position you'd like:
Any experience with hack games or similar projects:
If you're interested in a boxart/title screen/sprite making position, any work of yours:
Email:

(Remember, if you join my team you DO NOT have to help with any future hacks I make)

Obviously, you can post your application to this post or message me or whatever, or you can email me ([email protected])

ONCE YOU ARE ON THE TEAM, I will fill you in more on the storyline and give you a look at sprite designs and whatnot (and my failed attempt at creating a title screen).

Um yeah. All help is appreciated. Thanks!
(And no I don't have a team name yet either... are those normal? I have no idea)

UPDATES:
7/3/14
So the cover art is almost done and it looks excellent! I still need team members and I haven't really been able to do much more. So if you have hacking skills, I'd LOVE to make this a reality :)

Bwgie
29th April 2014, 10:06 AM
I can give a try for the box art and title screen if you write down/pm me what you want in it, and then choose either to take it or throw me away.

auroraborealis
29th April 2014, 12:33 PM
I can give a try for the box art and title screen if you write down/pm me what you want in it, and then choose either to take it or throw me away.
Okay sounds cool. I'm a little tied up at the moment but I'll get back to you later with what I'd like.

pokeking
22nd July 2014, 10:47 AM
I can do a little hex hediting but mostly just text files and and i know all letters uppercase and lowercase and all numbers that's about it also i can be a very helpful tester

Devlan1987
5th August 2014, 10:04 AM
Hey Aurora when you said you wanted 4th and 5th gen pokemon would you also want them with the Abilities and Moves introduced in those gens cause i can put them in but i can try and see if i can code in the Abilities/Moves not too sure if i can do it but i will try if they are needed