PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online (
-   Hack Ideas (
-   -   Pokémon Ash's Chapter (

soulryu 15th May 2015 07:04 PM

Pokémon Ash's Chapter
Pokémon: Ash's Chapter
a work-in-progress
FireRed 1.0
Hi! My name is Soulryu! I have been ROM hacking since I was 10 years old and it became a hobby for me. I've been toying with many of the hacking tools and looked up tutorials to try and create my own hack but every time I try, I end up quitting but get better each time I start anew. This time I'm creating another story that focuses on Ash. Essentially the story of the game will follow that of the anime. Though the anime is ultimately based upon the games and draws heavily from them, many concepts which are only touched on the games are spun in a unique way, and expanded on. :)
  • Day/Night
  • Custom sprites for trainers/Pokémon based off of artwork
  • Lapras surfing sprite
  • Tiles made by WesleyFG
  • HG/SS-style maps
  • 3 Regions
  • Apricorns
  • And more!
Work log
  • Pallet town done
  • First event done
  • Route 1 done
  • Viridian city done
  • Route 2 done
  • Route 22 done
  • Error in ash's mon script
  • Oak repeats his scripts when he introduces Pikachu
  • Route 1 terminal looks bad inside
  • viridian city is glitched
  • cannot enter Viridian Forest
The Team
  • Soulryu: Mapper, image inserter
  • c067912881: Scripting & editing sprites
Special Thanks
  • #1-Trainer: Backsprite
  • WeselyFG: Tiles
  • Chaos Rush: Pokemon Sprite
  • Nick:Thread's CSS
  • TuxedoMoroboshi:Sprites
  • Unknown: Ash's OW sprites
Alpha Downoad Test

soulryu 3rd June 2015 09:25 PM

All the progress made so far....

RocketLeader 26th July 2015 10:24 PM

I like it so far. Although there are 2 hacks with this subject, if it's done well/better I'm going to play it.
Did you make those TR trainer Sprites or do you have a resource, I could use something like this^^
But I suggest you try to finish Kanto before thinking about another regions, use your resources to the best(just like I learned at university lol)