PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online

PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/index.php)
-   ROM Hacking Discussion (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   What's the deal with Fuchsia City in gen1 (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=15941)

Verburner 20th May 2017 12:28 PM

What's the deal with Fuchsia City in gen1

I am completely new to hacking Pokemon games and only got into it to make a 'start in Safari Zone' patch for Pokemon blue (for Bingo speedrunning). After almost a full day of trial and error, I've managed to get the player to start in the Safari Zone and with one Pokemon in the party.

I can go into the Safari zone and be fine, but as soon as I exit the entrance and go into Fuchsia city it get's all glitched up like with the Sunny town glitch in the existing game. What's the deal with this city, it works fine anywhere else?

Sky0fBlades 20th May 2017 03:49 PM

From what I understand about the "Sunny Town" glitch it may have something to do with the Safari Zone timer being activated (or something else?) when the Player is on the Safari Zone map. I'm guessing it's a level-script related problem but I have little experience hacking the 1st-gen games as of now.

Verburner 21st May 2017 06:45 PM

I've fixed everything by spawning the playing right into Fuchsia City instead of the Safari zone entrance. Now I have a new problem and would feel bad for making a new thread...

Now that I start in Fuchsia City, Fly is glitched until Pellet town was visited for the first time :( I actually can't use assembler code and all I did so far was copy pasting stuff. Any help on how to manually set the wTownVisited flag to be true?

Sky0fBlades 13th June 2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verburner (Post 136568)
I've fixed everything by spawning the playing right into Fuchsia City instead of the Safari zone entrance. Now I have a new problem and would feel bad for making a new thread...

Now that I start in Fuchsia City, Fly is glitched until Pellet town was visited for the first time :( I actually can't use assembler code and all I did so far was copy pasting stuff. Any help on how to manually set the wTownVisited flag to be true?

Unintentionally late reply on my part, but I would guess that the flag is set via some kind of level script for Pallet Town. Assuming that there is one, if you can take that bit of code and use it in Fuchsia City's script then it may work.