PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online

PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/index.php)
-   News & Updates (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   History (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14366)

PEDRO12 25th September 2013 05:17 AM

History

So it just kinda hit me, do you guys realize how much history we have? Can you even comprehend the magnum opus that is PHO?
Because I honestly can't. We have so much history we could practically create 4 college courses titled "PHO: A History" or whatever.

Like, do you guys remember the reboots? Or when Seth and Gavin were at each others' throats?

It's honestly like this site is a country of its own. We had the glory days, then we had the terrific leader (Seth) who made it work for as long as he could. Then we had the conspiracy to bring the forums back to life (PCF). Then we had the civil war (Seth vs Gavin). Then we had that really, really funny time in our lifespan when, for some reason, everyone though Seth was a tyrant lmao.

Then there was the re-birth era, and then the wasteland. I just... wow.

And this all happened in the 3 years I've spent here, God only knows what happened before then.

So yeah, go ahead and reminisce.

karatekid552 25th September 2013 11:53 AM

/me feels like he missed a lot............ My join date was a month before the forums were shut down.

Elsa 25th September 2013 12:10 PM

I remember so much. Like the day GC left and gave command to BC. And all the reboots... And the whole Thorns scandal. I've seen a lot of people go, good people. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Team Fail 25th September 2013 02:21 PM

Haha I remember the PCF Backdoor plan. That was... Interesting to say the least. A lot of people were happy I offered it to them, though, including the staff and regulars alike. And then Derk and I plotted things and managed to send out a mass-email using an old version of the forums that I still had ACP access on to spread the word of the closure and remnants of my site that was open.

Those were the times...

droomph 25th September 2013 10:16 PM

see, this is exactly the kind of **** that prevents us from losing that reputation.

PEDRO12 25th September 2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droomph (Post 125473)
see, this is exactly the kind of **** that prevents us from losing that reputation.

Get outa here you little buzzkill. I must get this all out of my system before we can actually move on, thanks.

droomph 25th September 2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEDRO12 (Post 125474)
Get outa here you little buzzkill. I must get this all out of my system before we can actually move on, thanks.

http://media.tumblr.com/0a9681281c2f...o92ao1_500.gif

Fizzay 26th September 2013 04:01 PM

I remember PCF. It was great until the tyrant thing....though it did get a lot better as time moved on and people got over it. I miss PCF, to be honest. It was my first real forum (Serebii doesn't count as that place is ****ing ****) and I met a lot of really cool and nice people, which I am very thankful for.

I can't say I remember Seth and Gavin going at it, but I think Gavin was demoted/fired whatever a few days before I joined.

Aperso 26th September 2013 07:02 PM

I don't remember anything that would be the first thing that would come to my mind when I see the name because frankly, I miss all the bad stuff. Unless I start it.

Black Charizard 27th September 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzay (Post 125489)
I remember PCF. It was great until the tyrant thing....though it did get a lot better as time moved on and people got over it. I miss PCF, to be honest. It was my first real forum (Serebii doesn't count as that place is ****ing ****) and I met a lot of really cool and nice people, which I am very thankful for.

I can't say I remember Seth and Gavin going at it, but I think Gavin was demoted/fired whatever a few days before I joined.

You don't remember me (Thorne/Seth/Zeref/Horus/Black Charizard??)