PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online

PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/index.php)
-   Archive (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   [GBA] Sappy 2006 mod for Vista/7/8 (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2483)

Team Fail 30th December 2011 06:51 PM

[GBA] Sappy 2006 mod for Vista/7/8

Sappy is the ever-popular tool for GBA Audio playback and replacement that previously only worked on XP and older. Members of the Fire Emblem Hacking Community have managed to get Sappy to work on Vista, 7 and the 8 Dev. preview without it crashing. There is also a new feature, shown below.

EDIT VOICE TABLE FUNCTION
Spoiler:

I have a few other forum links that I'd like to include that also help to assist in replacing music, but I don't think I can as they are forum links. If I can get the permission to add the links, I'll add them ASAP.

Click here to download it!

Pia Carrot 4th January 2012 04:16 AM

Yes! Finally! Music hacking here I come!!!!

zZJoennZz 4th January 2012 11:14 AM

I've been waiting for this to work in win7. This is great.

Elsa 4th January 2012 12:08 PM

Nice job making this available to all of us, Team Fail :D

Team Fail 19th January 2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zZJoennZz (Post 37916)
I've been waiting for this to work in win7. This is great.

It is. Now I can do remixing without the pain of having to use GBA2MID. That program is a real pain.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Techbyte3 (Post 37924)
Nice job making this available to all of us, Team Fail :D

No problem. It's one of the more essential programs for GBA Hacking and people should have access to it.

Team Fail 26th January 2012 08:04 PM

There has been an update I haven't noticed, so I've added it to the first post!

Team Fail 8th February 2012 11:39 PM

Moved to Tools and Tutorials~

Icey 11th February 2012 08:09 PM

YES!
Thanks for posting this, this'll be extremely useful for ROM hackers on Vista and 7!
(I don't even hack - why am I excited?)

Edit: 600th post xD

Team Fail 12th February 2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icεy (Post 40073)
YES!
Thanks for posting this, this'll be extremely useful for ROM hackers on Vista and 7!
(I don't even hack - why am I excited?)

Edit: 600th post xD

Congrats for 600 posts!

I do hope to see if another mod of the program will be released, as it's rather useful now that it can be used on newer operating systems. Times are changing and so should old programs. I find these especially useful because I can do my GBA revamps with MIDI sequences ripped directly from the source game. It makes the revamp/remix sound more authentic.

Pia Carrot 17th February 2012 11:01 PM

GRAAAHHH! It says I need vbalCbEx6.ocx for it to work...Which of course there's no working links online thanks to SOPA.