PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online

PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/index.php)
-   Site Talk & Suggestions (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [Suggestion] A Pixel Art & Graphic Design Subforum (http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=15385)

Zoe Ayamoto 31st October 2014 04:54 PM

[Suggestion] A Pixel Art & Graphic Design Subforum

When I decide to post my sprite and pixel art gallery here I found a problem with this, PHO no have a subforum to this! I really like a subforum of Pixel Art & Design to expose pixel art, gralhical arts, graphicsi shops, etc, bacause to me is not correct put a gallery in offtipic discussions.

That's all, thanks for read this :)

Pia Carrot 31st October 2014 06:29 PM

They just go into off-topic, we did once have a Pixel art forum but it was even more dead than Game Development. You can also cheat and put it in the Resources subforum as long as some of the material is public.

inTech 2nd November 2014 07:28 AM

Umm.. why dont we try (graphics forums) again? How about having a graphics contest weekly to increase activity?

Aperso 2nd November 2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inTech (Post 134131)
Umm.. why dont we try (graphics forums) again? How about having a graphics contest weekly to increase activity?

Only 2 people (Including you) have asked for a Graphics forum. meaning that so far, we have little to no one actually interested at producing graphics. 2 people wouldn't be enough to encourage activity in that section. the staff probably want to see more demand for the section before they even consider it.

inTech 2nd November 2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aperso (Post 134133)
Only 2 people (Including you) have asked for a Graphics forum. meaning that so far, we have little to no one actually interested at producing graphics. 2 people wouldn't be enough to encourage activity in that section. the staff probably want to see more demand for the section before they even consider it.

I understand. And I'm sure that there is lot of graphics lovers in this forums.

Banjora Marxvile 2nd November 2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inTech (Post 134135)
I understand. And I'm sure that there is lot of graphics lovers in this forums.

Indeed you are correct, there are. But there are even fewer graphics creators who would make a thread to showcase or to compete in creating graphics, which is the main point of such a forum. It kinda sucks really though, I'd have loved it, but sadly it's not popular enough from what is seen at the moment.

Zoe Ayamoto 2nd November 2014 03:33 PM

I'm pretty sure, the problem isn't the lower interest in graphics, the problem is the general forum, Why? usually the people prefer show their graphical works in sites like deviantart, and, What is the amount of spriters and pixel art makers? I not have idea, but I'm sure that is around to 3% of active members.

Really this is a bad idea, watching the actual situation a pixelart subforum would be a graveyard, the better is put the galleries in offtopic, no more to say, please cloae the thread, my suggestion is a bad idea.