View Single Post
Old 28th April 2015, 07:01 PM   #55
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka
Ex-Staff

Jambo51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawter View Post
In terms of suggestions, the ability for as much easy customisation as possible, along with the ability to expand things without much trouble would be greatly appreciated. (Things such as battleground expansion, overworlds, palettes, extended pokédex, more that just either a male or female to play as, more bag slots etc)
Engine is open source and can be directly modified at source level to add new Pokémon etc.

Quote:
In terms of features, potentially some of the more modern feature such as swarm battles, other than that I am unaware of the newer features as I've not played the recent games.
Not even close to enough screen space to deal with swarm battles. Same applies to triple battles. Technically, by moving objects around, it may be possible to have a single object on screen at any given time and handle the logic for it, but it would be exceptionally difficult to do.

Quote:
I posted an idea for ridable pokémon using an overworld with two palettes on pokecommunity to which you gave me an explanation as to why it is unfeasible to implement it in a hack (page 16 & 20, quick research and development). Would your engine be able to support something like this?
Link to the actual comment, if possible? I don't have time right now to search through pages and pages of posts to find the one you want. By the sounds of it, this would also be very very hard, but theoretically possible.