View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:58 PM   #20
Rangi
Crystal ROM Hacker

Rangi

Most updates have been behind the scenes lately, but a visible feature I'm working on is Battle Points.

You can earn 3 BP from each 7-trainer streak in the Battle Tower (instead of the 5 random vitamins you got in the original Crystal), and 1 BP per day from Cal or Kay in Trainer House.

The rewards aren't implemented yet, but you'll be able to buy items with BP, kind of like Buena's Blue Card points. They'll include new held items, which I have room to add now that TMs and HMs are implemented separately from items.

Edit:

New quality of life feature: see how many of an item you own before buying it.

Edit:

A few graphical updates.

First of all, I've shamelessly copied yet again from TPP Anniversary Crystal, so Polished Crystal 3.0 will have field move portraits.

Second, some custom graphics. The Pewter Museum meteorite has a sprite, just like the three fossils; and the Red Gyarados is larger.

Edit:

Spoiler:

Here's the revised Faraway Island. Trees and grass are separate shades of green. Unfortunately I had to remove the highlights from the tall grass because the palette just cannot accommodate them. It's a worthwhile tradeoff. And Mew now wanders around, though you can't really see the new sprite through the grass.

Edit:

When you use a field move like Surf or Fly, you'll see a picture of the Pokémon using it. And all such pictures, including the ones for the starters, are colored correctly.

Edit:

The roofs of Goldenrod Dept. Store and Celadon Mansion now have proper night skies. Also, you can Fly from them.

Edit:

A slight tweak to the stats screen: HP is grouped with the other stats, and the OT and ID are moved to the main page.

Edit:

NPCs can have nicknamed Pokémon. The Beauty who brags about her "unique and beautiful" Pokémon gets one (it had Seals in HG/SS, it's shiny here). Schoolgirls also tend to nickname their starters.

Edit:

Gate houses in Kanto look different from the ones in Johto, using Mateo's devamped FR/LG tiles. I also added the upstairs observatories; no NPCs yet, but the binoculars work.

Last edited by Rangi; 3rd November 2016 at 01:05 PM.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote