Thread: Female hackers.
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2013, 03:33 AM   #2
Shhwonk
boop
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Shhwonk

Haha... "I checked."

When I come to think of it, I seriously don't know any female ROM hackers.

There are many reasons, though, why it's extremely uncommon to see a female ROM hacker. First of all, I know for a fact that most Pokémon players are male, and even if that WASN'T true, then there are more hardcore Pokémon players that are male. Girls tend to play video games more casually than boys and therefore girls aren't at all interested in trying to hack the games, so boys would take it one step further and look up ways to alter them.

Most girls I know say they play Pokémon, but they don't know any Pokémon past the first 151, and their favourite Pokémon is Pikachu or some cutesy character. No hate intended at all, but that's generally what the reality is. Simply put, girls don't get so attracted with things that they take them a step further like boys do.

I actually told my girlfriend about ROM hacking and what it's about, and she genuinely thought it was a really cool concept and would love to do it... but, she never really got into Pokémon and mainly enjoyed because you could catch and raise a cute little creature rather than enjoy the games' mechanics and whatnot. It's just the way the human mind works and how it varies with gender.

"Pokémon: Super Rising Thunder!" on PC, I believe, is a hack by a girl (Pink Parka Girl). It's well done, too. I'm not 100% sure of the author's gender, but looking at what's there, it's safe to assume so.

Maybe something kinda draws near.
Shhwonk is offline   Reply With Quote