PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Hacking Suite > Archived Hacks

Notices

Archived Hacks Any In Development hacks that have had no activity in at least 1.5 years are here. If a hack of yours is in here and you'd like it restored, PM a member of the Mod team.

User Tag List

Old 7th July 2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Hopeless Masquerade
山の新人神様
Ex-Staff

Hopeless Masquerade
Default Pokémon Frost

Pokémon Frost Version

Introduction
So, I'm sure at least one person read the miserable failure of a hack that I made last year, right? Well, I've decided to resurrect an old hack that I had posted elsewhere! (my first public hack) So, here's Pokémon Frost!

Game Specs.
Base: Firered [BPRE]
Name: Pokémon Frost
Creator: Agentgeo
Project Started: 2010, Restart Mar. 2011

Story
You have lived in the forested Shayt Region (pronounced "Sheet"), in a small little town on the edge of a large ocean, all your life. Then one day, you decide to go on an adventure. So, the first step is to get your first Pokémon from Prof. Maple's, followed by a Pok?Dex. Once you've gathered up your newly acquired gear, it's time to head out and see the world. But, not all is right in the mild weathered region, for Team Rocket is back, and they want to dominate the world with the help of the legendary Pokémon, Articuno. So, will you just stand by and watch as Team Rocket destroys your home, or will you fight back?

Features
Let's see what's cool about this game...
Code:
Two "micro" regions - with 4 gyms each!
Hopefully good scripts and mapping.
Random starter choice!
Tournament Style Pokémon League.
More stuff after the "main game" is beaten.
Special visits from different people - to be revealed.
D/N Evolutions

Screens

Not totally up to date yet
Spoiler:

Credit
Code:
Alistair & PHO - Tiles
Zein - Tiles
Jambo51 - Asm
Tools
Code:
Advance Map 1.95 & 1.92
DNS
XSE
unLZ-GBA
APE
Advanced Trainer
GoldFinger
Item Manager
Item Image Editor
Sappy 2006 - Mod 15
Progress To Beta 2
|||||||||| - 47%
Mapping - 100%
Scripting - 10%
Graphics - 30%

Beta 1 (2nd Gym)

Tasks to Complete - Beta 2 (4th Gym + Pokemon League)
Mapping
Tiles
Scripting
Misc

Downloads
Beta 1!
APS - Here
IPS - Here
Sponsored Links
Old 8th July 2011, 09:07 PM   #2
HunterCrash
ROM Hacker

HunterCrash

This seems like a pretty decent hack, i like how it has a d&n system, i might play it later!
Old 9th July 2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Chiar

Chiar is on a distinguished road

BUGS I HAVE FOUND (Played the IPS patch):
1. Passable tiles in the player's house
2. My poor Bulbasaur is named "Bulbsaur". D;
3. A few signboxes in Rainfall City have no script assigned to them.
4. Thunder Jungle entry signpost doesn't have script assigned to it.
5. A Bug Catcher in the Thunder Jungle has a Venomoth and Butterfree, then he heals my team, a creepy song plays and the game freezes. I haven't saved the game, so I have to replay it. >_<
Otherwise I really like the game. It's very fun to play and I like how you use FR tiles.
Old 9th July 2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Hopeless Masquerade
山の新人神様
Ex-Staff

Hopeless Masquerade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece View Post
BUGS I HAVE FOUND (Played the IPS patch):
1. Passable tiles in the player's house
2. My poor Bulbasaur is named "Bulbsaur". D;
3. A few signboxes in Rainfall City have no script assigned to them.
4. Thunder Jungle entry signpost doesn't have script assigned to it.
5. A Bug Catcher in the Thunder Jungle has a Venomoth and Butterfree, then he heals my team, a creepy song plays and the game freezes. I haven't saved the game, so I have to replay it. >_<
Otherwise I really like the game. It's very fun to play and I like how you use FR tiles.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into the Bug Catcher one seeing as I've not run into that yet, but the Venemoth/Butterfree are his team.
Old 9th July 2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Spherical Ice
cacti

Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
You have lived in a warm region, the Shayt (pronounced "Sheet" lol) Region, in a small little town on the edge of a large ocean. Then one day, you decide to go on an adventure. So, the first step is to get your first Pokémon from Prof. Maple's, followed by a Pok?Dex. Once you've gathered up your newly acquired gear, it's time to head out and see the world. But, not all is right in the mild weathered region, for Team Rocket is back, and they want to dominate the world with the help of the legendary Pokémon, Articuno. So, will you just stand by and watch as Team Rocket destroys your home, or will you fight back?
I think a better way to put it would be "You've lived in the Shayt region for the whole of your life in a small, seaside town." or something, but what you've got is fine. A little more elaboration on why you suddenly decide to go on an adventure would be nice as I doubt you'd just wake up thinking "I need to adventure!". Perhaps they've led a mundane life or they're inspired by someone or something. I don't know if you're purposely keeping it a secret, but some revealing on what Team Rocket plan to do with Articuno, and how it'll destroy your home, even if it's vague, would be nice. The story isn't too revealing but it's not terrible.
Quote:
[/awful story]
While it might me a joke, if you don't like your story, then change it. There's no point hacking if you don't enjoy/are proud of what you're doing.
Quote:
D/N
Two "micro" regions - with 4 gyms each!
Hopefully good scripts and mapping.
Random starter choice!
Tournament Style Pokémon League.
More stuff after the "main game" is beaten.
Special visits from different people - to be revealed.
A re-ordered, unique Pok?dex.
Okay, day and night, nice addition. The micro regions sound like fun, but is that in addition to or inclusive of Shayt? Good scripts and mapping should probably be a given. More elaboration on the random starter choice would be nice, as for now it seems like you just get a random Pokémon. It'll be cool to see a tournament-style league, and replay value is good. I guess "special visits" means something like Steven or someone having cameo appearances of something. I don't see how a Pok?dex can be unique, unless you have fakemon, in which case I'd like to see some. :D
Quote:
The positioning of the signpost is a little silly, as what authority would place a signpost where no-one could practicaly read it. Move it across a couple of tiles. :3
Quote:
Nice screenshot, though rocks should normally be placed in ones, not twos. At least imo.
Quote:
Nothing to say about these screens, they look nice.
Quote:
Try to use puddles sparingly. The signpost should probably be moved from the road, and you should use more than one of the five grass tiles FireRed has to offer.
Quote:
Another nice screenshot, though as I said, you should probably use a larger variety of grass (not long) tiles. Also, your tree shading is completely off. >:

Now I haven't played the beta, I admit, but this does look like a good hack, so keep it up Jack Agent!
Old 10th July 2011, 01:12 AM   #6
Hopeless Masquerade
山の新人神様
Ex-Staff

Hopeless Masquerade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
I think a better way to put it would be "You've lived in the Shayt region for the whole of your life in a small, seaside town." or something, but what you've got is fine. A little more elaboration on why you suddenly decide to go on an adventure would be nice as I doubt you'd just wake up thinking "I need to adventure!". Perhaps they've led a mundane life or they're inspired by someone or something. I don't know if you're purposely keeping it a secret, but some revealing on what Team Rocket plan to do with Articuno, and how it'll destroy your home, even if it's vague, would be nice. The story isn't too revealing but it's not terrible.While it might me a joke, if you don't like your story, then change it. There's no point hacking if you don't enjoy/are proud of what you're doing.
I actually do enjoy the story and game, just writing's not my forte. Also, I don't really wanna give away what the bad guys are up to yet...

Quote:
Okay, day and night, nice addition. The micro regions sound like fun, but is that in addition to or inclusive of Shayt? Good scripts and mapping should probably be a given. More elaboration on the random starter choice would be nice, as for now it seems like you just get a random Pokémon. It'll be cool to see a tournament-style league, and replay value is good. I guess "special visits" means something like Steven or someone having cameo appearances of something. I don't see how a Pok?dex can be unique, unless you have fakemon, in which case I'd like to see some. The positioning of the signpost is a little silly, as what authority would place a signpost where no-one could practicaly read it. Move it across a couple of tiles. :3Nice screenshot, though rocks should normally be placed in ones, not twos. At least imo.Nothing to say about these screens, they look nice.Try to use puddles sparingly. The signpost should probably be moved from the road, and you should use more than one of the five grass tiles FireRed has to offer.Another nice screenshot, though as I said, you should probably use a larger variety of grass (not long) tiles. Also, your tree shading is completely off. >:
Thanks for all the pointers. Many of the screens up there are different for beta 2, with the early errors fixed.

Quote:
Now I haven't played the beta, I admit, but this does look like a good hack, so keep it up Jack Agent!
Thanks!
Old 10th July 2011, 04:27 AM   #7
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

I like your screens, but I can't see the evening screens correctly, like this one:

It's just my screen though.

It looks very interesting. I might try it when I get my EZ Flash 3-in-1.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Old 10th July 2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Hopeless Masquerade
山の新人神様
Ex-Staff

Hopeless Masquerade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I like your screens, but I can't see the evening screens correctly, like this one:

It's just my screen though.

It looks very interesting. I might try it when I get my EZ Flash 3-in-1.
Thanks, but screenshots don't really show off the evening palette very well in most cases.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:12 AM   #9
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Hey, glad to see this is in progress again! Good luck on this, I'll be supporting you!
Old 25th July 2011, 10:29 PM   #10
PEDRO12
mother of dragons
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

PEDRO12

Hey Jack I pretend I know your name when I just saw it above

This is outstanding. Finally up here too huh? well, good luck on this project. I wish to play it soon, as I have downloaded the ips. Yes I always talk like a 500 year old soldier who happens to know about ROM hacking, and internet for that matter

Tags
frost, GBA:, pok?mon, pokemon, pokmon, [GBA]