PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 15th April 2014, 06:27 AM   #21
tttom64
n00b (true so I won't remove)

tttom64
Default Banks won't load

I don't know whether it was me failing or not, but after I loaded the ROM, nothing would happen, except for "No banks loaded" being replaced by "maps by bank." When I double-clicked, clicked, pressed enter, space bar, and lots of other things, nothing would happen. I tried re-downloading the ROMS on both Firered and Emerald, re-downloading the program, and just about everything else I could think of. Am I messing up somewhere or is this a bad bug?

But from the screenshots, this looks really good and as soon as it can work for me (and is stable) I will replace it with A-Map in a flash.

And yes, I know someone else posted something about this earlier, but his question wasn't really answered properly.

And if you needed it, the version was v1.1.15a

Edit: I'm on Java: Version 7 update 11 (build 1.7.0_11-b21). Though I've never had a Java-related problem before.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (1.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by tttom64; 15th April 2014 at 06:30 AM.
tttom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15th April 2014, 07:24 AM   #22
DarkPsychic
Intermediate

DarkPsychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom64 View Post
I don't know whether it was me failing or not, but after I loaded the ROM, nothing would happen, except for "No banks loaded" being replaced by "maps by bank." When I double-clicked, clicked, pressed enter, space bar, and lots of other things, nothing would happen. I tried re-downloading the ROMS on both Firered and Emerald, re-downloading the program, and just about everything else I could think of. Am I messing up somewhere or is this a bad bug?

But from the screenshots, this looks really good and as soon as it can work for me (and is stable) I will replace it with A-Map in a flash.

And yes, I know someone else posted something about this earlier, but his question wasn't really answered properly.

And if you needed it, the version was v1.1.15a

Edit: I'm on Java: Version 7 update 11 (build 1.7.0_11-b21). Though I've never had a Java-related problem before.

Honestly this is just not a stable version at all yet... It's still in its alpha stage and might be for some time... You might get more answers on Pokémon Communtiy as the thread there has more comments and reply's...

Just stick with Advance map 1.92 and 1.95 for now sorry I can't be of more help.
Every man is your Teacher."
DarkPsychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 08:21 AM   #23
tttom64
n00b (true so I won't remove)

tttom64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
Just stick with Advance map 1.92 and 1.95 for now sorry I can't be of more help.
Don't worry, I don't have any major problems so far. Right now, Amap is still better for hacking, just I thought it would be nice to try out this new program.
tttom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 11:23 AM   #24
DarkPsychic
Intermediate

DarkPsychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom64 View Post
Don't worry, I don't have any major problems so far. Right now, Amap is still better for hacking, just I thought it would be nice to try out this new program.
Oh I completely understand and that is the point of Alpha and Beta testing so the programmer may find those pesky bugs... So by all means keep testing away ^_^
Just make sure to keep posting what ever bugs you find of course...
Every man is your Teacher."
DarkPsychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 04:54 PM   #25
mewthree9000
What does this button do?.....

mewthree9000 mewthree9000

We really need to continue work on MEH.... *opens eclipse*
Gotta Hack'em All!!

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
-!!Elite FireRed ROM Base!!
mewthree9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 03:41 AM   #26
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

If memory serves, shinyquagsire is working on porting it to D.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 01:46 PM   #27
mewthree9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
If memory serves, shinyquagsire is working on porting it to D.
True, he is, I worked a little on the D version. I'm really questioning the value of working with D on this one. D is a little advanced, I don't see how this is going to encourage new programmers to get involved in the ROM hacking community. It's just very complicated to get started. I thought the original idea behind producing open-sourced tools was to create a more productive community and not stagger new-comers with advanced languages. That's just my take though. Maybe Java is better suited for the task of enhancing the community. D is workable, but it took me 4 hours just to learn to compile correctly.
Gotta Hack'em All!!

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
Old 28th July 2015, 12:43 PM   #28
Alex
srs fkn bsns btch

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewthree9000 View Post
True, he is, I worked a little on the D version. I'm really questioning the value of working with D on this one. D is a little advanced, I don't see how this is going to encourage new programmers to get involved in the ROM hacking community. It's just very complicated to get started. I thought the original idea behind producing open-sourced tools was to create a more productive community and not stagger new-comers with advanced languages. That's just my take though. Maybe Java is better suited for the task of enhancing the community. D is workable, but it took me 4 hours just to learn to compile correctly.
It's seamless on Linux, so I'd blame Windows if I were you, not D. All of our tools are going to be a chore to port, regardless of our experience or wit, so it's not all just learning curve either.

Shiny seems to be doing it for fun and to broaden his horizons, but I'm working on it because I love the language. It makes sense to me, it looks right. It works right. At least to me, anyway – it's unpopularity sure is a curse. But everything can be figured out if you know what you're doing. I mean, if you can process a manual and don't rely on Google/Stack Overflow for your problems too much you should be A-OK – I learned real quick that there is no Stack Overflow to run to :P
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes mewthree9000 liked this post
Old 21st August 2015, 03:53 PM   #29
mewthree9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's seamless on Linux, so I'd blame Windows if I were you, not D. All of our tools are going to be a chore to port, regardless of our experience or wit, so it's not all just learning curve either.

Shiny seems to be doing it for fun and to broaden his horizons, but I'm working on it because I love the language. It makes sense to me, it looks right. It works right. At least to me, anyway – it's unpopularity sure is a curse. But everything can be figured out if you know what you're doing. I mean, if you can process a manual and don't rely on Google/Stack Overflow for your problems too much you should be A-OK – I learned real quick that there is no Stack Overflow to run to :P
Everything you said is true, I'm not trying to bash the D language. It is useful but I'm considering that a majority of the community can barely use PokeScript when they are starting out. We do need more programmers in the community and the majority of users are starting out on a windows platform. D is a great language, it's just going to take a lot longer for the community to comprehend. That's why for the purpose of growing the community I'm encouraging more stepping stones into lower languages. I still like that fact that Shiny is working in D. I encourage that as well. I think what I'm really trying to say is I don't want to scare newbies away from learning to program. We need more programmers in the community. So the truth is I encourage both, I just personally want to see more members that program in the community.
Gotta Hack'em All!!

My current projects:
-Pokemon ChaosBlack[v2]
Old 27th September 2015, 12:03 AM   #30
SirZexx
Mapper

SirZexx

Nicely done little bit confusion over the tile movement but sure looks decent

Tags
editor, hap, happiness, map, meh, [Editor]