PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 24th October 2015, 10:19 AM   #1
slewdry
n00b

slewdry
Default 251 crystal/gold and silver

like you can read i want to make 251 hacks of all second gen pokemon games but 1 question i have i want to activate the celebi event in my crystal like in the japanese one so without cheats or anything my question how can i do this?
slewdry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 24th October 2015, 03:45 PM   #2
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

scripting

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 04:56 PM   #3
slewdry
n00b

slewdry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
scripting
could you be more specific? 1.how would look that script?
2. how could i add it to crystal?

im new in gbc hacking all other things i know are about gba but i trough the way to add scripts is not the same xD
slewdry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

In Gold and Silver, you use PKSV to script. In Crystal, people use the Pokecrystal disassembly which can be found here: https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal

Honestly, the best place to look for documents, tutorials, and help with hacking Gen 2 would be to go to Skeetendo, since that is a forum dedicated entirely to Gen 1 and 2 hacking. The users there are the ones who made that disassembly, as well as one for Red Version (which I've been using to make Red++) I don't have any first hand experience with Crystal, and I know it has some extra scripting commands in addition to the normal ones Gold uses (the ones I'm used to) so the only place you could really get help with Crystal is on Skeetendo. Nobody here hacks Crystal at all that I know of.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
251, crystal or gold, silver, [GB/GBC]