PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 11th September 2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo
Default Agixp 4.11 English

Note: I did not make this tool. I just translated it from German to English. Mostly I just copied the text from the English Translation of Agixp 3.0 and sometimes I filled in with a description that probably isn't word-for-word but is an accurate description of what the thing in question does that fits in the space I had.

To anyone who does not know, AgiXP is basically the standard compressed image editor for 2nd gen games. You can extract and import pokemon and trainer pictures, as well as any other compressed graphics if you know the offset. The only problem is random people cannot get it to run.

The most common error, and one of the most annoying to fix, is that of two missing files. MSCOMCT2.OCX and FM20.DLL. The first one can be found pretty easily with google. However, FM20.DLL is listed by Microsoft as non-redistributable separately. If you have office, you will pretty much have this file. Microsoft also says you can download something called ActiveX Control Pad which will install it as well. However, for those of you who do not wish to install the extra program, I have included both of the needed files in the zip file, and google can help you to properly register them depending on your version of Windows. Hopefully this will help many of you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AGIXP411 English.zip (1.31 MB, 565 views)

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery

Last edited by Mateo; 12th February 2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: I just attached a .zip file with AGIXP and any files I could think of that you might need
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 12th September 2013, 01:34 AM   #2
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

This is a great tool for Gen. 2 hackers! Thank you for the brilliant translation ;p

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 02:05 AM   #3
RPD490
Neophyte

RPD490

Too bad the link is broke.
RPD490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 02:28 AM   #4
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll re-host it somewhere else and update the links.

EDIT: Attached it directly to the thread instead of hosting it elsewhere and linking to it.

Old 23rd February 2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Chamber
I'm a n00b D:

Chamber

-Thanks for translate the tool.

This is one of the tools that more I use.
Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post
Old 30th April 2014, 06:04 AM   #6
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Just letting you all know, this tool is an ass to get working. Even in windows XP, I had to download the ActiveX control pad for it to work.

If it is spitting out a system error even with all the dlls, try this: http://microsoft-activex-control-pad....informer.com/

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 07:16 PM   #7
KazoWAR
n00b

KazoWAR

I discovered a bug with AgiXP while trying to see exactly what in a ROM is changed when you insert a Pokemon sprite. Not sure if it has been reported or not yet, just letting you guys know about it just in case. It seems the program is attempting to update the sprite size in the Pokemon data section, but it is writing to the wrong offset. instead of updating the sprite size, it is overwriting the Pokemon's base sp. def with the sprite size, 0x0B bytes short of the target byte.

So, if you have been editing sprites with AgiXP, you might need to fix the sp. def of the edited Pokemon.

Last edited by KazoWAR; 11th September 2014 at 08:35 PM.
KazoWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post
Old 10th September 2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

If I had the source code, I would be glad to fix this error. Unfortunately, I do not, so I guess the best we can do is deal with the error and fix the bug you've found manually when inserting sprites with Agixp.

Old 25th October 2014, 12:18 AM   #9
troller96
n00b

troller96
Talking

Hi guys, noob hacker here. I need help regarding an issue with AGIXP, which pretty much says: "comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correclty registered: a file is missing or invalid". I tried to solve this problem by downloading activeX pad but it couldn't install either. Is it because I have Windows 8? If so, is there any way I can get this program to work, or am I wasting my time? Thx in advance!
troller96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 12:27 AM   #10
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Honestly, I've never tried it with Windows 8 because, well, I think Windows 8 is rubbish and I wouldn't install it if you paid me. But that's not the matter at hand.

You might need to try running it in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows such as XP SP3. On Windows 7 (64-bit) I don't have to do anything weird with compatibility to get it to run, but since 8 is newer and less compatible with most everything, I would try that first.

Tags
411, agixp, english, [Editor]