PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 7th February 2014, 12:46 AM   #11
Kaizoku
n00b

Kaizoku

This looks absolutely amazing. I love the idea of the connections the most so far. Will we be able to view/edit events and tilesets?
Kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 7th February 2014, 12:48 AM   #12
Shiny Quagsire
Super Awesome Ninja ASM Guy
PHO VIP

Shiny Quagsire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku View Post
This looks absolutely amazing. I love the idea of the connections the most so far. Will we be able to view/edit events and tilesets?
I really need to start updating this thread more...

Yes, I have actually just added support for event editing, including adding and removing different events. As for tilesets, support is planned and it'll actually allow you to add new tilesets with much greater ease than A-Map.

My Works:

Coming Soon/Working On:
  • Pokemon Amethyst
  • ?Using HMs via Items?
  • Custom GUIs using ASM (and soon) C

Shiny Quagsire is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa, Mateo liked this post
Old 7th February 2014, 01:02 AM   #13
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Really looking forward to this, since I'm planning to venture into Gen III hacking one of these days so this will be a nice tool for it (and at the rate I'm going, it will be usable by the time I get around to learning Gen III stuff haha). Glad to see more progress on this. Keep at it!

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 01:57 AM   #14
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

The ability to make tile inserting easier is a feature that will make me very happy! This program is kick-butt and I can't wait until it becomes as popular as A-map.

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 08:43 AM   #15
circaoffire
n00b

circaoffire

I'm excited for when this reaches beta and is (hopefully) considered safe enough to completely be used for hacking! I'm quickly becoming a shinyquagsire fan Does MEH support XSE even though you've made SEA. Anyway, Keep up the good work!
Old 2nd March 2014, 06:20 PM   #16
GodofGrunts
n00b

GodofGrunts

I'm very new at this, but I can't seem to figure out how MEH works. Is there support for Fire Red (top post only mentions Leaf Green and Sapphire not being supported).

After opening MEH, I try to open Fire Red I get blank tabs (can't link picture because of limitation of new accounts imgur com/5wTNEgv.png. I'm using java 7u51 x86 on Windows 8.1 x64.

Am I missing something obvious or maybe I'm supposed to be using Java 6? I'll be trying that here in a second.

EDIT: Java 6 didn't work either.

Last edited by GodofGrunts; 2nd March 2014 at 06:28 PM.
GodofGrunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:00 PM   #17
circaoffire
n00b

circaoffire

First things first, presumably you are newer than even I, and therefore you should just stick to Lu-Ho's AdvanceMap 1.9.2 and 1.9.5(Like I do). If you do want to do testing on MEH for Shiny Quagsire, then to help with your problem, I would redownload a FireRed US 1.0 rom. FireRed is supported. When I load my Fire Red rom, I see the Maps By Bank in the left section, and I double click on that, and it shows me all of the banks for the maps. After that, just click a bank, and find a map to work with. Good luck, cheers!
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:23 PM   #18
GodofGrunts
n00b

GodofGrunts

Thanks for the help, double clicking Maps by bank does nothing for me after loading the ROM... Ah well, I guess I'll try AMAP.
GodofGrunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 09:45 PM   #19
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

I have a question/request. While I'm assuming this will support adding new maps/banks the way Advance Map did, will it also allow adding additional location name entries? That's something that I don't think Advance Map can do, but it would be a nice thing to have. I know it wouldn't include something stupidly complicated like adding extra world maps or anything, but I feel like adding new location names would be a nice and useful idea. It would be helpful with hacks that plan to include multiple regions, and allow putting Fire Red's multiple Town Maps to better use. Just a thought. At any rate, looking forward to seeing more progress on this tool because it looks very promising as I've already said before. Keep up the good work.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 3rd April 2014, 01:19 AM   #20
DarkPsychic
Intermediate

DarkPsychic

First off,
Thanks to all those taking there time to make such AMAZING TOOLS ^_^

Now I do have a question rattling about in my head.
Is it at all possible to add a layer system to MEH like you would see in Rpg maker ergo Layer 1 is ground, 2 is grass and alike and 3 is for overlapping?
Also the ability to select more than one tile at a time (like Rpg maker)?

Again this is just a question ^_^
Every man is your Teacher."
DarkPsychic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editor, hap, happiness, map, meh, [Editor]