PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 12th August 2014, 04:37 AM   #1
PokeGlitch
Neophyte

PokeGlitch
Default [Red] Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition

Pokémon TRE 2
Team Rocket Edition
The Revamped Episode

Read more at PokeTRE.com

Background

A few years ago, I created a "complete" modification for Pokemon Red entitled Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition. I put complete in quotes because it is fully playable, but the only things that were changed were tiles, map blocks, or table entries. Now that the PokeRed disassembly exists (and I have learned assembly), I am proud to announce the sequel to the game, Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode.

Story

The story line is simple, you play as a member of Team Rocket who reports directly to Giovanni. Help him grow Team Rockets influence on the region of Aster by completing missions and taking over cities along the way.

It's not technically a sequel, since the story line is not based upon the contents of the first game, but its the same premise (just 100x better).

Here is the layout to Aster:

Read more about each location at PokeTRE.com

Progress

What this game will have:
  • New Story Line
  • New Gameplay Features
  • New Graphics
  • New World
  • New Items
  • New Types/Attacks

What this game won't have:
  • Next Gen Pokemon
  • Color Graphics
  • Public Beta

Here is the status as of 8/12/2014:
  • New Screens: 95%
  • New Sprites: 75%
  • New Items: 50%
  • New Types/Attacks: 0%
  • Map Layouts: 80%
  • Map Scripts: 10%
  • Trainer Data: 10%
  • New Features: 60% (I will go into further detail as more gets announced)
  • New Music: 0% (this will happen last)

Features

Updated Screens

Updated Tilesets

Hard Mode

Hard Mode Features:
  • 1 life for your pokemon. If they faint, they are gone for good
  • 1 life for the player. If you black out, the game is over.
  • The game autosaves all pokemon stat changes, so you cannot cheat.

Normal Game Features:
  • The game keeps track of your win/loss/kills/ko's throughout the game.
  • The game also keeps track of your high score and best time.
  • High score is only in hard mode, best time is in normal mode.
  • The scoring it based on just about everything you do in the game, from updating your pokedex to evolving a pokemon to defeating a trainer.

Some screenshots:

Stealing Pokemon

You can now steal a trainers pokemon, but you can only try once per battle! Also, some trainers will be expecting it and won't let you.

Mission Box

This box will appear at the start menu and will let you know what your mission is. This way, there are no excuses that you forgot what to do or didnt talk to the right person and are now lost.

Day/Night

Pokemon and event will vary depending on the time of day! Check out the screenshots below:

New Types

There are 25 types in this game, some are the common new types and others are brand new to a pokemon game.

Check out the website to see the type chart and which pokemon have a given type

Horde Battles

Some pokemon will randomly appear as hordes while out in the wild. These hordes will vary in size fom 3 to 6 pokemon, and will be difficult to escape from!

Check out the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEb4NjiNQCw

Videos

Intro Video:

Old Battle Sequence:

Latest Battle Sequence:

Horde Battles:

Thanks

Graphics Support
Those in this thread at WayOfThePixel.net: http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=15404.0

Coding
None of this would be possible without everyone who has worked on the disassembly project and everyone who has posted info and tutorials at http://hax.iimark.us

Support

Keep checking the website for updates:

PokeTRE.com

Follow me on twitter for faster updates:

You can show your support by displaying this support banner in your signature!

Last edited by PokeGlitch; 6th October 2014 at 01:01 AM.
PokeGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12th August 2014, 03:46 PM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Very nice to see this here! Saw it on Skeetendo months ago and it was looking impressive even then. Good luck, you've done pretty awesome things with the red disassembly.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Holy crap this would be a game I'd consider playing. You've practically ripped the game apart and reassembled it as you please. You've overhauled the game and did a really good job while at it. I look forward to seeing much, much more from this.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 09:49 PM   #4
ThePharaoh
What does this button do?.....

ThePharaoh

Holy crap! The screens look amazing!
ThePharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 11:33 PM   #5
PokeGlitch
Neophyte

PokeGlitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePharaoh View Post
Holy crap! The screens look amazing!
Thanks! Still working on some more, but I might not reveal those until its released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Holy crap this would be a game I'd consider playing. You've practically ripped the game apart and reassembled it as you please. You've overhauled the game and did a really good job while at it. I look forward to seeing much, much more from this.
Thanks, glad you like it. There'll be more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Very nice to see this here! Saw it on Skeetendo months ago and it was looking impressive even then. Good luck, you've done pretty awesome things with the red disassembly.
Thank you! Yeah, this game would not exist without that disassembly (though I only use it for reference). I can't thank the people who worked on that enough.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I won't have any updated for the next week! Feel free to post any suggestions though (new attack ideas will be appreciated)
Old 22nd August 2014, 01:01 AM   #6
PokeGlitch
Neophyte

PokeGlitch

I was on vacation for the past week, so there is little progress, but I have been working on the tedious and boring process and "devamping" all of the pokemon mini-sprites to fit into the battle screen hud. I still have a lot of work to do on screen and graphic updates, but soon enough I will be able to get back to the story line!

The next battle work is fixing all scripts that deal with the pokemon/trainers sprites since they are now at a new location on the screen, and then adding in the remaining 9 battle backgrounds. Then comes fixing some bugs that I inadvertently created in the pokedex/stats screen.

No screen shots, but once I am done with the battle screen I'll have some. I DID update the main post and make it pretty, so you can take a look at that if you want

Currently hacking Red - Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition

PokeTRE.com

Old 23rd August 2014, 05:14 AM   #7
ThirteenFour
I respect Zubat

ThirteenFour

I'd been hoping for a good Rocket-point-of-view hack, and this really looks like it has potential. So many things that you're planning to change. TBH, I'm most uncomfortable at the moment about the new battle HUD you're planning, but I guess we'll see come release whether it's a change that won't break the experience for me.

Consider me interested. XD
ThirteenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 06:24 PM   #8
PokeGlitch
Neophyte

PokeGlitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenFour View Post
I'd been hoping for a good Rocket-point-of-view hack, and this really looks like it has potential. So many things that you're planning to change. TBH, I'm most uncomfortable at the moment about the new battle HUD you're planning, but I guess we'll see come release whether it's a change that won't break the experience for me.

Consider me interested. XD
Thanks! The battle screen is one of my favorite visual changes so far, but it is a huge change so I can see why it could be strange to play. Maybe I'll make a quick video once I fix the animations so you can get a better feel of it.

PokeTRE.com

Old 23rd August 2014, 07:50 PM   #9
ThePharaoh
What does this button do?.....

ThePharaoh

I noticed that "Adventure" and "Challenge" are under "Continue." Does this mean that there are multiple save files or are they just "New Game" functions?
Hi. I'm ThePharaoh. You may remember me as Sceptile90 from Pokécommunity. But, I won't bore you with my life story. I was interested in making a Fire Red Hack. If you wish you want to help me, then just shoot a PM. I'm looking for Spriters and Scripters or even someone to teach me how to script!
ThePharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 05:39 PM   #10
PokeGlitch
Neophyte

PokeGlitch

Those are for startig a new adventure/challenge. The word 'New' wouldn't fit because I am using OAM tiles for the text highlighting, and you can only have 10 tiles in 1 row for that.

Multiple save files would be something would be a challenge, since I'm sure I'd have to reduce the size of the save file. Fortunately, emulators solve the multiple saves issue for everyone

PokeTRE.com

Tags
edition, pokemon, red, rocket, team, tre2, [GB/GBC]