PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 7th January 2015, 11:54 PM   #81
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

Soon.

Old 8th January 2015, 09:05 PM   #82
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I'm eagerly awaiting a winter release so I can nominate you for the Winter Hack of the Season

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes MikaruMenoko, Pia Carrot liked this post
Old 18th March 2015, 05:25 PM   #83
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

Sadly, I think the update will not be ready before the end of this winter because it requires a lot of scripting and my ideas are not so easy to put on the ROM.
Also, I had to do some other stuff on these months and I didn't pay too much attention to the developing of PurePink. I'm sorry.
Old 23rd March 2015, 01:18 AM   #84
pikachugirl2015
n00b

pikachugirl2015

Is there any place the patch is, somehow I download it its not showing up on my tablet patcher so I can't play it
pikachugirl2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 03:34 AM   #85
SuprSushil
Pokemon Anime n hacks lover!!!

SuprSushil

am i the only boy that plays this hack (this only reason i am playing this is because for the story and da challenges like the dream one)
SuprSushil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 11:52 PM   #86
luligod
n00b

luligod
Default congrats

hey i just finished beta 2 and i just wanted to say that its awesome. but when u said that the not finnished houses were locked u mean the rock that is infront of it?

and when do you think the next beta will be out?
luligod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 12:02 PM   #87
LuckyKay
Professional Persian

LuckyKay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprSushil View Post
am i the only boy that plays this hack (this only reason i am playing this is because for the story and da challenges like the dream one)
Nope. I'm a guy and I play it, too.
Just because something promotes females doesn't mean it's putting down males.
I really like this hack. Very well done.
LuckyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 12:16 PM   #88
TheNameIsAce
n00b

TheNameIsAce
Default Hey

Hi, my name is Ace, and I'm a woman. I feel I should preface my post with it, so you'll take what I have to say seriously.

First of all, congratulations on actually creating a Pokemon romhack. You might just be the first feminist in the history of humanity to actually learn to code.

I respect the work you put into this game, and the Water/Grass gym is brilliant. Seriously, a dual-type gym? That's a really good idea, and I wish more romhacks did things like this.

However... Pokemon is already one of the most gender-equal pieces of media on the planet. It doesn't matter to the story if you're a boy or girl, and it doesn't matter if your Pokemon are male or female, they can still kick butt. Pokemon is already egalitarian and gender-neutral and equal.

And then there's this romhack. Where you can only be a girl, and the evil team is a bunch of cartoonishly evil men that act like they walked out of a thirty-something feminist's political cartoon comic, a comic that had its dialogue written by that girl's ten year old child. It perpetuates the myth that boys can only like boys stuff and girls can only like girls stuff, all boys are violent and brutish and "Crude", and women can only succeed at anything if the "Game" panders to her because of her gender, handing out free stuff like free Laprases like candy.

Technically, you succeeded in making a Feminist Pokemon game. It's very Feminist. You can only be a woman, femininity and girlyness and pink and soft blue are treated like perfect concepts while manliness is equated with "Evil" and "Crudeness" and "Outdated get-back-in-the-kitchen beliefs". This romhack is very, very feminist, which is probably why it's so bad.

As a thought exercise, it fails, as a video game, it's way too easy, and as an exercise in "See? Girls can play Pokemon, too!", it fails. You do not achieve gender equality by putting down one gender and giving free stuff away to the other, no matter how many times Feminists yell "It's ok for us to campaign to get men's rights taken away because we have more oppression points than those cis white males!".

You have potential, and you're wasting it by going full feminist.

Last edited by TheNameIsAce; 7th March 2017 at 02:57 PM.
TheNameIsAce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pokemon, purepink, [GBA]