PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 11th April 2014, 03:18 PM   #1
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko
Default Pokemon PurePink

Name: Pokémon PurePink
Base ROM: Fire Red (U)

Story:
You are a girl who for the first time leaves her hometown, Greeninville, to reach the near village and spend a night with a childhood friend.
The mother of her friend is a Pokémon professor and she asks to you and her daughter to give her a help to complete the Pokédex. You accept and your mother also agrees.
But soon, you will face a Team Xeno grunt. Team Xeno is a criminal organization that wants to torture and eradicate feminine creatures to make a manly and rude world.
The main objective of the game is to defeat Team Xeno as a girl and demonstrate that also girls can KICK A$$ES.

FAQ:
Q: Why Fire Red?
A: Because it looks modern by default and to me is more suitable than Emerald.

Q: Isn't it a very complex topic for a Pokémon game?
A: Well, maybe, but I think that people of all ages can play Pokémon, and also, people of all ages need to respect each other without differentiation by race, sex, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, etc...

Q: Well, the intro screen says that this game is against gender discrimination. So, why can't I be a boy?
A: Because of this game's plot you need to feel like in a girl's body, even if you are phisically a boy. You can choose your appearance to fit your personality.

Q: Are you a feminist or what?
A: I am feminist and I support the rights of LGBT people... (no, I don't think that girls must have more rights than boys or that LGBT people must have more rights than straight and cis people. I think they should have equal rights).

Q: Can I help and suggest some changes for the ROM?
A: Sure, if you find something that you don't like and you think that it would be better, I'm open for suggestions.

Q: I think this game is a great idea!
A: This is not a question.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Title Screen

Intro

Overworld

???

Videos:

First battle script
Spoiler:

This one has spoilers!
Spoiler:

Banners:

by MercuryShadowScizor
Code:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p320/SuperShadowPrince/PurePink_Banner.png

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufttpax9o9...nk%20beta2.zip

Changelog:
  • The second chapter (A cry in my dreams) is COMPLETE!
  • The region map is COMPLETE (You can obtain it talking to your neighbour in Greeninville. Check it out)!
  • New overworlds and backsprites
  • New maps and explorable areas
  • Team Xeno is formed

Bugs / Issues known in this release (beta 2):
  • You cannot continue your adventure from beta 1, since some flags and vars have been changed.
  • It ends in Woop Swamp (after the last event).
  • Not-programmed houses are closed to prevent crashes.
  • The score board on the 1st floor of the Pokémon Center mutes the music. (Don't know how to fix)
  • Professor Ashley's overworld is still provisional (I know, I'm lazy and I'm really bad in making overworlds).
  • Running shoes overworlds and HM-using overworlds are provisional.
  • Map signposts are the Fire Red's default trainer icons

Old versions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/615shm312u...nk%20beta1.zip

Credits:

HG/SS Music patch:
ipatix
GoGoJJTech
jsziede

Outside tileset:
Alistair
Mapmaster / Darkrai

Interior tileset:
thatssowitty

Last edited by MikaruMenoko; 5th May 2014 at 05:54 AM.
MikaruMenoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 13th April 2014, 11:08 PM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

I've approved your thread. Sorry 'bout that ^.^

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 12:00 AM   #3
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I kinda like this idea. As someone who is against discrimination and inequality, this appeals to that part of me. Also as someone who always picks the female character in Pokémon games and embraces their feminine side I can definitely get behind the fact that both playable characters are female. I'll be sure to keep my eye on this and see how progress goes. One question I will ask though is will every male in the game be an enemy, or will there also be guys that lend you a helping hand along the way? I ask in the interest of equality and to better understand the dynamic of the game.

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes MikaruMenoko, Mateo liked this post
Old 14th April 2014, 12:11 AM   #4
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Downloading this now. This hack sounds like a great idea <3

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes MikaruMenoko liked this post
Old 14th April 2014, 06:31 AM   #5
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukiyami View Post
I kinda like this idea. As someone who is against discrimination and inequality, this appeals to that part of me. Also as someone who always picks the female character in Pokémon games and embraces their feminine side I can definitely get behind the fact that both playable characters are female. I'll be sure to keep my eye on this and see how progress goes. One question I will ask though is will every male in the game be an enemy, or will there also be guys that lend you a helping hand along the way? I ask in the interest of equality and to better understand the dynamic of the game.
No, there will also be helpful boys like some Gym leaders.
The badges will be more quest-like. They will be required to unlock certain skills like cutting trees. You will need them to unlock new areas rather than using them to access the Pokémon League. Gym leaders will be more like teachers.
The only harmful boys are the grunts from Team Xeno.
Old 14th April 2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaruMenoko View Post
No, there will also be helpful boys like some Gym leaders.
The badges will be more quest-like. They will be required to unlock certain skills like cutting trees. You will need them to unlock new areas rather than using them to access the Pokémon League. Gym leaders will be more like teachers.
The only harmful boys are the grunts from Team Xeno.
That's cool, in which case I'll definitely be sure to keep an eye on progress and try it out once it gets a bit more complete (I don't like playing games before a certain point in development, just a personal preference). I look forward to seeing how this goes :3

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 08:41 PM   #7
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

I played the demo, and it seems okay although it was too short to really tell much yet. I did notice a couple of bugs that didn't seem to be mentioned in the "known bugs" section however.

- The berry tree gives unlimited free berries, instead of waiting to grow back. Was this intentional?
- Several NPC trainers on the route did not appear to have a script defined. I know you said that some buildings weren't finished, but since it didn't mention unfinished trainers I thought I would mention it.

But like I said before, I like the idea behind this hack and I look forward to being able to play more of it and see the story develop.

Old 14th April 2014, 08:41 PM   #8
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

Added a video about the tutorial battle =)
Old 14th April 2014, 08:49 PM   #9
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I played the demo, and it seems okay although it was too short to really tell much yet. I did notice a couple of bugs that didn't seem to be mentioned in the "known bugs" section however.

- The berry tree gives unlimited free berries, instead of waiting to grow back. Was this intentional?
- Several NPC trainers on the route did not appear to have a script defined. I know you said that some buildings weren't finished, but since it didn't mention unfinished trainers I thought I would mention it.

But like I said before, I like the idea behind this hack and I look forward to being able to play more of it and see the story develop.
The unlimited berry tree is intentional, the NPCs still need to be scripted.
Think about it, in real life a tree has a lot of fruits, not only one. So I made it unlimited. A player can grab berries until he/she has the will to do it.
Old 14th April 2014, 08:54 PM   #10
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaruMenoko View Post
The unlimited berry tree is intentional, the NPCs still need to be scripted.
Think about it, in real life a tree has a lot of fruits, not only one. So I made it unlimited. A player can grab berries until he/she has the will to do it.
That's fine with me, I was just making sure you intended for it to work that way.

Likes MikaruMenoko liked this post

Tags
pokemon, purepink, [GBA]