PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 6th October 2013, 09:42 PM   #31
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

Me gusta the tiles!!!
Especially that gym

Keep it going, Mateo!

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 6th October 2013, 09:51 PM   #32
AriNikoBradshaw
Greetings.

AriNikoBradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Assuming nobody else comes up with a compelling reason to do otherwise, I think this is the setup I'll be going with.
Awesome.
Do you have move tutors?
Old 6th October 2013, 09:53 PM   #33
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

I don't have any move tutors, never looked into setting that up.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 01:39 AM   #34
AriNikoBradshaw
Greetings.

AriNikoBradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I don't have any move tutors, never looked into setting that up.
Ah, okay. Was just curious ^_^
Old 7th October 2013, 05:20 AM   #35
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

@AriNikoBradshaw - It would be neat, and I know that Miksy91 came up with a way to do it in Dark Energy. I know Crystal had them too. I think Crystal actually used some unused TM learning flags to mark them, because it only had a few. Not sure how I would go about it if I added them or how many I would add. They aren't very high on my list of things to do, but if I get the other stuff like storyline changes and graphic updates done in time they would be worth looking into
@Rocka - Thanks bro! Sorry I overlooked your comment at first or I would have said something earlier.

Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 31st October 2013, 12:10 AM   #36
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Just wanted to bump this thread a little. I haven't posted much, but I've been working on the the tileset updates lately. Here are some black-and-white previews of a couple of things.

The Pokemon Center design. Very similar to what it was in the last update, since I'd already messed with that tileset, but nicer. Credit for the heal machine goes to RED, all other devamps/customs are by me.

The upstairs for Route Gates. I'm planning to add these back in for the ones that had them in Gen I and III if I have time/maps. Not super important, but for continuity's sake it feels weird to have an entire floor of a building disappear between generations. All devamps/customs by me. A few tiles taken from Red.

Cycling Road concept. Still working on this a bit. All devamps by me.

The snowy Pokemon Center design. And a snowy house. Devamps/customs by me.

I have more done too, but I don't want to spoil all of it before release. I'll show off more later, and I'll have actual in-game shots closer to release instead of these black-and-white previews while I'm still finalizing designs.

Old 31st October 2013, 04:18 AM   #37
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

As I have said previously, I love all of your snow tiles and I can't wait to see them implemented.
I don't know why, but the PokeBox (PC Thingy) in the Pokemon Center bugs me. It looks almost too much like the FR and LG ones and clashes with the style of say the stairs. I really don't think it's that big of deal but it bugs me

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 04:30 AM   #38
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka View Post
As I have said previously, I love all of your snow tiles and I can't wait to see them implemented.
I don't know why, but the PokeBox (PC Thingy) in the Pokemon Center bugs me. It looks almost too much like the FR and LG ones and clashes with the style of say the stairs. I really don't think it's that big of deal but it bugs me
I see what you mean about it looking more advanced than the stairs. I like the PC though, so instead I'll see if I can make the stairs look better

Thanks for the feedback!

Likes 80C, Elsa liked this post
Old 11th November 2013, 09:48 PM   #39
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Let's see. I still have to insert most of the new tilesets I've been working on and remap things. That sounds like a lot, but I tend to enjoy map and tileset work more than I enjoy scripting, and so it tends to go a lot faster.

Today I'm working on some of the scripting that I keep putting off doing. I've been working on completely re-doing Mahogany Town's events. It will no longer involve Team Rocket at all, and will be more Christmasy. To make up for it, there is now a Team Rocket event on South Isle that you have to do before you can battle Jasmine for the badge. Works a lot better than having Amphy get sick again for no reason

I'll have to play through again to make sure, but I think Mahogany Town's event is the last major storyline thing I need to do as far as scripting is concerned. I have some minor things to do here and there, like NPCs that currently say "Object Event" because I haven't made them do anything yet here and there, probably some actual bugs I'll want to fix before beta testing, and just random things I will probably want to tweak before release. But yeah, gonna try to knock out the design and scripting for the Mahogany Event so I can focus on the map updates I've been teasing.

Basically, I've been having trouble finalizing how I wanted the event to play out, so I couldn't start working on it yet. And I didn't want to start working on the mapping before that was done, because I didn't want to risk forgetting about it xD

Old 12th November 2013, 01:03 AM   #40
CGJ
Neophyte

CGJ

Very well done Mateo, I haven't actually played much of Pokemon Christmas, mainly due to time constraints and due to wanting to wait for the finished product, I have come to enjoy seeing updates for Pokemon Christmas on PC, I hope to see even more here, regardless, very well done game!
CGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC]