PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 12th September 2014, 07:01 AM   #121
KaiserOddSoul
n00b

KaiserOddSoul

Random question. Why do the towns look different in every chapter game. Like between blue, red, and green chapter pallet town and a few other places have a different design. Couldn't re-create them, artistic choice, any any reason behind it?

KaiserOddSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12th September 2014, 10:44 AM   #122
Panatha13
n00b

Panatha13

Hi, the pokemon locations list doesn't work for me so i'd like to ask a question. Will I be able to buy a link cable in this game so that I can evolve a Haunter into a Gengar?
Panatha13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 01:20 PM   #123
aethestode
Hacker

aethestode aethestode aethestode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserOddSoul View Post
Random question. Why do the towns look different in every chapter game. Like between blue, red, and green chapter pallet town and a few other places have a different design. Couldn't re-create them, artistic choice, any any reason behind it?
Sure I can recreate them, it's actually easier to just import the map to a different rom. However, I feel like keeping the same map for ALL 4 games would take the sense of mystery and discovery away from the game. I mean the game is called Pokemon "ADventure", I want the player to actually explore. Therefore, having the same map would just take away the need to explore from the game .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panatha13 View Post
Hi, the pokemon locations list doesn't work for me so i'd like to ask a question. Will I be able to buy a link cable in this game so that I can evolve a Haunter into a Gengar?
Yes, but later in the game.

Here's mine: 2466-3703-5335
aethestode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 07:17 AM   #124
Naruto Player
hack player, and hack tester

Naruto Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukki_Asura View Post
Dude, That is most EPIC Idea i have Ever seen
Thanks. When i have started my hack i will make u to a beta tester.

Finished:
Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter beta 8.2 (best beta ever)

Waiting for:
Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter beta 9
Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter beta 3
Pokemon Adventure - Blue Chapter beta 1
Pokemon Adventure - Yellow Chapter Beta 1
Pokemon Adventure - Gold Chapter Beta 1
Pokemon Adventure - Silver Chapter beta 1
Pokemon Adventure - Crystal Chapter beta 1
And more hacks

Supporting/Beta Tester for:
Pokemon Normal
Maybe Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Playing on Android. But playing Pocket Summomer (iOS) too
and Knights and Dragons.
Naruto Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 08:57 AM   #125
Tristesse

Tristesse

Hi again! I've played this one out, but there is a few stuff that you might want to fix. (I didn't list all because I forgot some of them, but here's what I remember.)

1. When I am in Vermilion City, a flag should activate to show the Rocket grunt, right? It does activate in mine, but after that we can go anywhere we want. If I talk to the grunt, the game freezes, and if I go a step down, it'll reactivate the flag thus making the grunt advance to the right even more and talk to the empty space.
2. There's this one time when I am facing a double-team Rocket Grunts. Their sprites are the ones of journalist's and cameraman's.
3. In the very beginning, in Ilex Forest, Silver's sprite (not the overworld, the in-battle one.) was very... uh, gray? Doesn't look like normal Silver's sprite at all. Green's as well, and also the old guys guarding the Ilex Shrine too. The color's from another palette. Not sure whether it is supposed to be like that.
4. There is a transport panel (that looks like >>) in the Hoenn hideout of the Masked Man that points upwards in a very narrow hallway, but below it is an item. Because it's upwards, we can't take the item. Or is it just for the hell of it?
5. The next few were more like suggestions... like since Green is supposed to hate birds, doesn't that mean we shouldn't be able to have something like Pidgey or Spearow or other Flying-type birds in our party? And to fill the gap of the missing Flying-type, if you can please add a Psychic-type early to go against the Poison (which is the weakness of Jigglypuff) and Fire-type to go against the bugs (which is also the weakness of Jigglypuff).
6. There are too much water-type is at hand. It's hard to pick between Horsea, Squirtle, and Mudkip (I end up picking Squirtle because of Mega Evolution) and raising three of the same types at once isn't a very good idea to me. Maybe you'd like to decrease them or exchange them for something else, especially Mudkip (because I assume Horsea is a part of the manga's plot).
7. Everyone needs moon stone? Even Nidoran? Oh dear.

But it is still a great hack, rapid advance from your previous beta. I know you are still concentrating on Red, but once you're done you might want to take a look on these stuff. Thanks for the great beta
Attached Images
File Type: png Glitch1.PNG (5.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Tristesse; 13th September 2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: forgot something
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 12:43 PM   #126
GozetaGX
n00b

GozetaGX

[QUOTE=aethestode;132766]Sure I can recreate them, it's actually easier to just import the map to a different rom. However, I feel like keeping the same map for ALL 4 games would take the sense of mystery and discovery away from the game. I mean the game is called Pokemon "ADventure", I want the player to actually explore. Therefore, having the same map would just take away the need to explore from the game .

Why not just make a little bit modification to the place and probably add new stuff in the old area?To make it still fresh and mysterious?
GozetaGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 02:56 PM   #127
aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
Hi again! I've played this one out, but there is a few stuff that you might want to fix. (I didn't list all because I forgot some of them, but here's what I remember.)

1. When I am in Vermilion City, a flag should activate to show the Rocket grunt, right? It does activate in mine, but after that we can go anywhere we want. If I talk to the grunt, the game freezes, and if I go a step down, it'll reactivate the flag thus making the grunt advance to the right even more and talk to the empty space.
2. There's this one time when I am facing a double-team Rocket Grunts. Their sprites are the ones of journalist's and cameraman's.
3. In the very beginning, in Ilex Forest, Silver's sprite (not the overworld, the in-battle one.) was very... uh, gray? Doesn't look like normal Silver's sprite at all. Green's as well, and also the old guys guarding the Ilex Shrine too. The color's from another palette. Not sure whether it is supposed to be like that.
4. There is a transport panel (that looks like >>) in the Hoenn hideout of the Masked Man that points upwards in a very narrow hallway, but below it is an item. Because it's upwards, we can't take the item. Or is it just for the hell of it?
5. The next few were more like suggestions... like since Green is supposed to hate birds, doesn't that mean we shouldn't be able to have something like Pidgey or Spearow or other Flying-type birds in our party? And to fill the gap of the missing Flying-type, if you can please add a Psychic-type early to go against the Poison (which is the weakness of Jigglypuff) and Fire-type to go against the bugs (which is also the weakness of Jigglypuff).
6. There are too much water-type is at hand. It's hard to pick between Horsea, Squirtle, and Mudkip (I end up picking Squirtle because of Mega Evolution) and raising three of the same types at once isn't a very good idea to me. Maybe you'd like to decrease them or exchange them for something else, especially Mudkip (because I assume Horsea is a part of the manga's plot).
7. Everyone needs moon stone? Even Nidoran? Oh dear.

But it is still a great hack, rapid advance from your previous beta. I know you are still concentrating on Red, but once you're done you might want to take a look on these stuff. Thanks for the great beta
1) I'll take a look on that one. Thanks for the screens.
2) It's a plceholder, I'm going to remove it soon for the fix patch. Thanks though.
3) Yeah, I don't know why it's like that. I actually put that in the glitch section if I remember correctly.
4) It's to screw with people. Yeah, I'm a trundle (troll).
5) You know what? You have a point. I might just do that.
6) Mudkip is staying. Why? It links to one of the bonus chapter in Red Adventure. In addition, if you selected no to keeping the Mudkip, you're allowed to play the Lake Monster Bonus Chapter (in Green Adventure).
7) That's her team from the manga, I can't do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozetaGX View Post
Why not just make a little bit modification to the place and probably add new stuff in the old area?To make it still fresh and mysterious?
That's because when I do a little modification, I don't feel like the map is different enough for it to feel "fresh" or different at all. My mentality is like if I'm going to make changes, it's gonna be big changes, otherwise, I'll leave it as it is.

Old 14th September 2014, 01:13 AM   #128
Tristesse

Tristesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethestode View Post
1) I'll take a look on that one. Thanks for the screens.
2) It's a plceholder, I'm going to remove it soon for the fix patch. Thanks though.
3) Yeah, I don't know why it's like that. I actually put that in the glitch section if I remember correctly.
4) It's to screw with people. Yeah, I'm a trundle (troll).
5) You know what? You have a point. I might just do that.
6) Mudkip is staying. Why? It links to one of the bonus chapter in Red Adventure. In addition, if you selected no to keeping the Mudkip, you're allowed to play the Lake Monster Bonus Chapter (in Green Adventure).
7) That's her team from the manga, I can't do anything about it.
You're welcome! Okay, now I regret taking Mudkip. I won't use it anyway. (Today I learned, being greedy is not good. Sob.)
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 11:13 AM   #129
KaiserOddSoul
n00b

KaiserOddSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethestode View Post
Sure I can recreate them, it's actually easier to just import the map to a different rom. However, I feel like keeping the same map for ALL 4 games would take the sense of mystery and discovery away from the game. I mean the game is called Pokemon "ADventure", I want the player to actually explore. Therefore, having the same map would just take away the need to explore from the game .
I like the way you did it, I was just curious. btw, wtf is youtube city gonna be?

KaiserOddSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 12:35 PM   #130
aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserOddSoul View Post
I like the way you did it, I was just curious. btw, wtf is youtube city gonna be?
You'll see.

Tags
adventure, chapter, green, pokemon