PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2013, 12:14 AM   #31
MewVSMewtwo
n00b

MewVSMewtwo
Talking HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE?

Hi LinkAndZelda, only just discovered you today but so glad I did! Your work is AMAZING! I grew up playing Yellow too, just downloaded Liquid Crystal on my Android haven't had the chance to play it yet tho but I know I will be hooked for sure! Crystal and Yellow are my fave pokemon games so for you to make GBA versions for me to play on my phone is outta this world! You definitely needs to add in Pikachu sprite following you, how about using the pikachu sprite in the poke fan club in vermilion? Also it took you 5 years to complete Liquid Crystal, how long do you think this one will take? I can't wait 5 years man I need it in my life like nowww ;p lol hopefully you can get it finished within next few weeks ahaa but thats prob just wishful thinking... Yellow is the best tho! Once you finish yellow you should do a team rocket hack (if you haven't done so already) really can't wait to play this game man n I'd even pay good money for it! Be well worth every penny... Gonna download ED too and check that out, Thank you man you're a Hacking GOD! Hit me back man, peace...
Sponsored Links
Old 18th January 2014, 02:18 AM   #32
PKMNMasterSonic
n00b

PKMNMasterSonic
Question Pikachu Gender Concern

Is Pikachu going to be available as a girl? I've seen too many Yellow remakes where Pikachu is only a boy that it beats my pride all to Stark Mountain and back
Old 19th January 2014, 01:28 AM   #33
Varion
Tell me a good joke ...

Varion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMNMasterSonic View Post
Is Pikachu going to be available as a girl? I've seen too many Yellow remakes where Pikachu is only a boy that it beats my pride all to Stark Mountain and back
Pikachu has a 50% ratio for both genders.
I don't see why anyone would edit the gender ratio, so,m chances are you're just a bit unlucky.

...and I'll tell you all you want te know!
Old 19th January 2014, 02:47 AM   #34
PKMNMasterSonic
n00b

PKMNMasterSonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Pikachu has a 50% ratio for both genders.
I don't see why anyone would edit the gender ratio, so,m chances are you're just a bit unlucky.
even when using the proper gender codes that i tested on the original before implementing the ips patch then using it on the patched version, Pikachu was still a guy 100%. other Pokemon were girls though. freaking cheapskates
Old 23rd January 2014, 04:39 PM   #35
cloug
searching far and wide

cloug

I don't know if this will be of any help, but there's a hack out there called Pokemon Super Rising Thunder... and it has some nice examples of pikachu mini sprites. (I'm not saying to copy it, just giving an example of a pikachu that fits the GBA style)

Btw, thanks for making this project, it's going to be amazing. =P
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:42 PM   #36
cloug
searching far and wide

cloug
Default Minor bugs

Ok, I played and checked everything in the game, and found 3 minor bugs that haven't been found before, I guess (you might not find it very useful, but just in case).
  • You can walk through the table in Red's house (where his mom is sitting).
  • When you check the student's notebook in viridian school, the text appears a bit messy.
  • When you challenge a lass in viridian forest, she sends two nidoran (a male and a female) in a double battle and I send two pikachus (although I had just one pokemon with me - pikachu - and only one of the pikachus got the exp)
Old 26th January 2014, 07:17 PM   #37
MewVSMewtwo
n00b

MewVSMewtwo

Just to note... I sometimes play a version of FireRed on my laptop which they have made ONLINE, exactly the same game but just online with other players you can battle and trade with... There is an option to have ANY of your pokemon follow you around IF you downloaded The heartgold/soulsilver Rom along with the firered Rom, and the pikachu following you around on firered looks amazing! if they managed to do that then surely you can steal just the pikachu sprite from heartgold???
Old 26th January 2014, 08:06 PM   #38
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewVSMewtwo View Post
Just to note... I sometimes play a version of FireRed on my laptop which they have made ONLINE, exactly the same game but just online with other players you can battle and trade with... There is an option to have ANY of your pokemon follow you around IF you downloaded The heartgold/soulsilver Rom along with the firered Rom, and the pikachu following you around on firered looks amazing! if they managed to do that then surely you can steal just the pikachu sprite from heartgold???
That game is is not FireRed. It just uses FR graphics. It is completely different. I am currently working with ShinyQuagsire on having this for real.
Likes RocketLeader liked this post
Old 1st February 2014, 04:12 PM   #39
DarkBlazing Groudon
Sept '14, prepare yourself! :)

DarkBlazing Groudon

Nice remake of Yellow, can't await it when you release the first beta.
Even your LC is more than great.
Old 23rd February 2014, 03:52 AM   #40
cloug
searching far and wide

cloug

It's gonna be awesome, I can't really wait until I can play it. But idk, wouldn't it be better if you made only kanto and johto pokemon obtainable, and the other emerald pokemon (252-386) obtainable only with trades? (you know, just like FR/LG works). I have a feeling that kanto is too small for 386 pokemon obtainable, and it wouldn't have that "yellow" feeling.
Closed Thread

Tags
advance, alpha, pokemon, yellow, [GBA]