PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects > Ideas, Concepts, and WIP

Ideas, Concepts, and WIP For hacks that aren't quite fleshed out or ready for presentation.

User Tag List

Old 19th June 2017, 03:43 PM   #1
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810
Talking Pokemon Ultra

I've been hard at work on a total overhaul and rebalance mod for fire red making it alot more like a real RPG with depth and less attack spamming. I've heavily modified the stats and have implemented many new balance formulas. My beta is complete up until you get the boulder badge if anyone would like to check it out. I've already spent probably 100 hours or more on this. Some of what has changed and is being changed include-

3 evolution Base Pokemon stat total 120

2 evolution Base Pokemon stat total 180

1 evolution Base Pokemon stat total 270

Ev's based on stat total
120-1
180-2
270-3
+1 for every base stat over 50

Attack formulas
Damage 1-5, ACC 75, PP 50
Damage 6-10, ACC 70, PP 45
Damage 11-20, ACC 65, PP 35
Damage 21-30, ACC 60, PP 25
Damage 31-40, ACC 55, PP 10
Damage 41-50, ACC 50, PP 5
Defense buffs always 100% ACC, always 25 PP
Offensive Debuffs always 60% ACC, always 25 PP.

Pokemon that evolve twice evolve at levels 20 and 40
Pokemon that evolve once evolve at level 30

Damage added to weak status moves such as tail whip and growl.

Area before gym 1, Trainer Pokemon lvl 1-10, Gym Pokemon lvl 11-15,
Wild Pokemon lvl 1-10

Area before gym 2, Trainer Pokemon lvl 11-20, Gym Trainer Pokemon lvl 21-25,
Wild Pokemon lvl 1-19

Area before gym 3, Trainer Pokemon lvl 21-30, Gym Pokemon lvl 31-35, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-29

Area before gym 4, Trainer Pokemon level 31-40, Gym Pokemon lvl 41-45, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-40

Area before gym 5, Trainer Pokemon level 41-50, Gym Pokemon lvl 51-55, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-50

Area before gym 6, Trainer Pokemon level 51-60, Gym Pokemon lvl 61-65, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-60

Area before gym 7, Trainer Pokemon level 61-70, Gym Pokemon lvl 71-75, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-70

Area before gym 8, Trainer Pokemon level 71-80, Gym Pokemon lvl 81-85, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-80

Pokemon after gym 8 and elite 4, Trainer Pokemon level 81-90, Elite 4 Pokemon lvl 91-95, Wild Pokemon lvl 1-90

Champion/Rival Pokemon lvl 91-100

Post game trainer Pokemon undecided. Possibly divided in zones like the rest of the game?

All gym leaders and trainers rematchable? If so all wild Pokemon will be lvls 1-10 before first gym
After second gym wild Pokemon that evolve twice will be level 1-19
Pokemon that evolve once will be level 1-29
Pokemon that don't evolve will be level 1-40
1/2 evolution Pokemon will be lvl 20-25
2/2 evolution Pokemon will be lvl 40-45
1/1 evolution Pokemon will be lvl 30-35

Type table realistic rebalance modified Pokemon types and attack types accordingly
All stats and attacks rebalanced
Items and shops modified
Added rival SILVER and Team Rocket Jesse&James Double battles
Catch tables and safari zone modified
RedTrainer810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 21st June 2017, 06:35 AM   #2
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810

I have rebalanced all the Pokemon. Over halfway done with the attacks. Tested a few play throughs until I got the boulder badge each time. Definitely way more challenging. Increased the chance of effects being applied to the same amount as the attacks accuracy. Example Scratch now does 5 dmg, has 75 accuracy, 50 PP and a 75% chance to lower enemy accuracy by 1.

Pound lowers defense
Tackle can cause flinching etc etc. I've put alot of work in so far. Even changed some moves totally and renamed them. Leer is now called CHALLENGE and stops retreat.
Stronger moves have less PP and less accuracy so let's say you have a strong move and a weak one that both add the same effect. Burn,poison, lower attack etc
There's less chance of the effect working on the stronger move but it will almost always work on the weaker one which keeps weaker moves useful.

Another example.

SPITFIRE(EMBER) Does 12 damage, 70% accuracy and 70% chance to burn target. And has 45 PP

But FLAMETHROWER Does 35 damage, 60% accuracy and 60% chance to burn etc. And has 20 PP
So there's a better chance of landing good damage but less chance for a burn. Pretty much every move in the game is working on a similar formula. Coupled with the Pokemons modified stats this won't be a game where you can just spam your stronger moves and wipe out whole teams. I've adjusted all the type tables and Pokemon types to the point that 4x damage is extremely rare. You actually have to think a little to win.

I'll be posting a beta probably fridayish
Old 21st June 2017, 03:00 PM   #3
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810

The scripting will be the most time consuming part. If anyone would like to assist in the project and are pretty fast with scripting I'd like to add basic rematch scripts to every trainer and gym leader in the game excluding rival battles, Giovanni and trainers that disappear etc. It's a big task and I'll eventually do it myself but it'll be quicker for a more talented scripter. Let me know.
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:51 PM   #4
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810
Default Battle with SILVER(Pokemon g/s/c rival) script

#dynamic 0x800060

#org @trainer
trainerbattle 0x0 0x002 0x0 @intro @loss

msgbox @m1 MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @nope
settrainerflag 0x002
trainerbattle 0x0 0x002 0x0 @intro @loss
end

#org @nope
msgbox @m2 MSG_NORMAL
end

#org @intro
= What are you looking at weakling?

#org @loss
= My Pokemon are trash!

#org @m1
= You won't win again!

#org @m2
= Coward!!
Old 23rd June 2017, 05:22 PM   #5
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810
Default New trainer and rival battles

YELLOW-Reds older brother. With Ash's Pokemon from the show probably Pikachu,Pidgy, caterpie, Charmander, Squirtel and Bulbasaur.

BLUE will replace rival green

Green with have Gary's Pokemon from Pokemon yellow

SILVER will have cubone and far-fetched and be encountered anywhere team rocket is.

Lastly double battles with JES & JAMES that will have koffing, Ekans and meowth. I've already replaced sprites and added events and began scripting them all.

Last edited by RedTrainer810; 23rd June 2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 27th June 2017, 01:11 PM   #6
RedTrainer810
n00b

RedTrainer810

Successfully created a working script to rematch every Trainer in the game as many times as you want. Adding it to all the trainer scripts currently.
All moves rebalanced
All Pokémon rebalanced
All wild Pokemon tables modified.
Furow can be evolved into one of the original three legendary birds with stones.
Made sprite for RED older brother YELLOW using the male sprite from Pokemon G/S/C occasional rival
YELLOW rival BLUE made also. You'll battle him while hes looking for your "Weasel brother YELLOW"
More to come.

Tags
pokemon, ultra