PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 14th July 2013, 03:54 AM   #11
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Um who said anything about there should be more than one off topic section

Honestly, less colors would make it better because fewer colors gives the illusion of less colors. Look at PC's who's online list - it's about 40% colored. But we don't see that as a problem because there are fewer colors.

I'm not saying to copy them, but to take that idea and make it our own.
Old 14th July 2013, 04:12 AM   #12
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

If we get more normal members it will go unnoticed as well. The problem is not even close to significantly impacting the forum so I see no logical reason to mess with it right now.

I've yet to see a logical argument here except that people want colors so they aren't left out of what everyone else earned. Except that isn't a logical argument. The most id be willing to do is change all current "VIP" to "VIP I" but that isn't fair to anyone who pays for their rank.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 04:15 AM   #13
Jisuke
私の陰茎は非常に大きい
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Jisuke Jisuke

Guys, I don't see what the problem here is, at all. If you don't like the colours, set your monitor to grayscale.
Jisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 05:50 AM   #14
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Well, I mean it's not that big of a deal and it shouldn't be but it is a little improvement we could make so it's worth talking about at some point in time.
Old 14th July 2013, 05:56 AM   #15
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
PHO VIP

Bela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkandzelda
People seem to take offence when they come back and expect a position or expect to have a medal they had in the past for something they did like being staff member, winning a contest or donating $100. That's why there are so many groups for different circumstances to deal with the 5-6 years of history behind us. Think about Green Charizard the founder, if he came back to find out he wasn't being praised with the Founder group he'd be upset.
You will never be able to appease people who claim to be offended, nor is it reasonable to do so. It's a waste of your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot
What this site is about, however, is ROM Hacking, ROM Hacking Resources, Game Development, and the exchange of information and criticism.
I'm glad to hear you advocate this. Hopefully that will mean future threads of this nature won't be locked. Let people talk, if they want.
Bela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 06:03 AM   #16
Jisuke
私の陰茎は非常に大きい
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Jisuke Jisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
You will never be able to appease people who claim to be offended, nor is it reasonable to do so. It's a waste of your time.

I'm glad to hear you advocate this. Hopefully that will mean future threads of this nature won't be locked. Let people talk, if they want.
In the future, please do refrain from posting it in a manner that looks like it is spam.
Jisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 06:13 AM   #17
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

As of how it is right now, I also see the colourfullness being a bit silly. Not that I mind it that way though. But like Pia said here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Pia View Post
If we get more normal members it will go unnoticed as well. The problem is not even close to significantly impacting the forum so I see no logical reason to mess with it right now.
we just need more normal members to join and be there for rom hacking aspect. Though a fact is that if this community grows much larger, there would totally be lots of "useless" members around like in PC. What I mean by this that they'd post nothing necessary, and possibly revive threads without any specific reasons and so on.

But that's already a totally different subject.
Old 14th July 2013, 05:56 PM   #18
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperso View Post
I agree with this, because it is hard to remember what colour each rank is for VIPs. Also on the note of colours, the other colours need to be changed because some colours are hard to read in some themes.
I've just taken a look. The only ones I really see that have problems are Pia Carrot (which was going to have some color modification anyway) and Fiery Souls.

I'm a boob
Old 14th July 2013, 06:55 PM   #19
Aperso
Puddleduck
PHO VIP

Aperso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Pia View Post
I've just taken a look. The only ones I really see that have problems are Pia Carrot (which was going to have some color modification anyway) and Fiery Souls.
I have problems reading the usernames with Dark Colours on the Dark Styles because, dark on dark is hard to read in my opinion. E.g On Liquid Crystal, droomph and Linkandzelda are hard to read.

I'll come up with something to put here later.

Last edited by Aperso; 14th July 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 07:00 PM   #20
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperso View Post
I have problems reading the usernames with Dark Colours on the Dark Styles because, dark on dark is hard to read in my opinion. E.g On Liquid Crystal, droomph and Linkandzelda are hard to read.
Alright, I'll look into making those usergroup colors a bit lighter for easier viewing.

I'm a boob

Tags
color, pretty