PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 15th April 2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Zephyr
Fallen.

Zephyr
Default Pokémon: Rising Sun

Title Pokémon: Rising Sun
Base Ruby AXVE
Language English
Creator MrZepphoGR

Who is MrZepphoGR?
MrZepphoGR is a duo: Zephyr had the idea of the hack and he's the storyboarder, eventer and mapper; Grappaman is the mapper, spriter and tilesetter and also does other little works. It doesn't matter if you call us MrZepphoGR or by our nicknames, it's the same.
This is not our first hack: we had our period of "learning" some years ago and left hacking for some time, but we created (but not finished) some works, like Pokčmon Dark Half or Pokčmon: Heroes of Light and Shadow.
We're Italians, but we preferred writing in english so that everybody could understand what happens.

Features
+ Explore a brand new region: Seuld
+ Catch more of 200 Pokčmon, including Pokčmons from 4^ and 5^ gen!
+ New methodes to evolve Pokčmon (like trading)!
+ Visit new towns, cities and routes, or explore new caves and forests!
+ Defeat a horde of new and old rivals, leaders and Pokčmon League!
+ Reveal the mystery of the Twilight System and defeat new malevolent forces!
+ New graphics!

Team
Zephyr - owner, storyboarder, scripter, tilesetter
Grappaman - owner, storyboarder, spriter, mapper
NovaPazza - ASM, scripter
Andrea - ASM help

Plot
"1000 years ago, in the region of Seuld there were two legendary Pokčmons worshipped by everyone: Ho-oh granted a period of peace and good harvests thanks to its power to generate sunny days, while Lugia protected the region from outsiders and used its power to generate heavy rains to refresh the weather. They were considered like gods and people of Seuld, even built two towers to thank them. Everything was good and everyone was happy.
But one day, someone set on fire the Gold Tower, killing three beloved Pokčmon of Ho-oh and causing its wrath. He destroyed everyone and everything it saw, until Lugia came up and calmed down Ho-oh, before leaving forever for unknown places and left its Tower to the phoenix, where it hole up. Nobody knows where did Lugia go, but from day on, it never appeared and nobody saw Ho-oh flying the skies again."
- Old fairy tale for children of Seuld

You're a boy from Sinnoh who aims at becoming a Pokčmon Master, that's why you get to the Seuld Academy to learn everything that matters to become one.
The Seuld Academy is a private Academy that lets the students go on short, little journeys around the region; this is contemplated as part of the students' formation.
You'll get through adventures and discover every secret of Seul and its legends and become a Pokčmon Master.

Screenshots

Characters
Hiro - protagonist

Hiro is the young boy whose dream is to become a Pokčmon Master. He's from Sinnoh and moves to the Seuld Academy to learn the bases of battling. He choose among the classical starters of Sinnoh his first Pokčmon. He's the playable character.

Jay - childhood friend
mugshot coming soon
Jay is the childhood friend of Hiro. They're so attached to each other that when Jay's mother died, Hiro cried with him. His first Pokčmon is a Cubone. He leaves with Hiro because they both share the same dream. He will become a powerful rival to you.

Prof. Rowan - Pokémon Professor
He's the Prof. Rowan we knew in Pokčmon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. In this adventure he'll give Hiro his first Pokčmon. If you want to know your Pokčdex progresses, call him with the Pokčmon Center's PC.

Paco - trainer from Auros

He's a very strange Trainer: he has very good skills, but can't really win without any help. He comes from Auros, a far away region in the north of the world for the same reason of Hiro and Jay. His first Pokčmon is a Lotad.

Nova - Paco's "friend"

His nature makes everyone around him mad. He's not bad, but he doesn't know when to stop. His first Pokčmon is a Stunfisk. He has already done three years at the Academy, but he hasn't graduated yet.

Zephyr - "Radiant Moon"

He has the record for being the youngest professor in the Seuld Academy: he began at the age of 20. He's an evasive person but his loveable nature has made him the most popular professor in the Academy. He's from Sinnoh, just like Hiro, and his first Pokčmon was a Chimchar. He has a secret...

Credits
Ozumas - trees
Rata - trees
WeasleyFG - berry trees, little trees, miscellaneous
PrinceLegendario - houses, miscellaneous
Dewitty - miscellaneous
Tratas - miscellaneous
Kymotonian - miscellaneous
Boomxbig - miscellneous
Thunderdove - miscellaneous
Destinarium - miscellaneous
Alucus - miscellaneous
Saurav - little tree
Hydrargirium - trees, ruins
Failed Mutation - palms, houses

I know we'll probably make mistakes (especially grammar), so, if you notice some, please tell us.

Last edited by Zephyr; 18th April 2014 at 11:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th April 2014, 10:33 PM   #2
zZJoennZz
desudesudesudeathdesu

zZJoennZz

I just skimmed over it. I actually like the atmosphere because of the pallet of your tiles. However there's some error, actually just small. The font you used on some part, light green was it? It's way too bright and actually hard to read. Also, the buizel one, don't you think it's sprite was too low? Well other than that I don't see any problem in this hack, yet.

...mehehehe
Old 16th April 2014, 05:36 AM   #3
Zephyr
Fallen.

Zephyr

Thanks very much!
Yes, I know it's too bright but actually I don't remember what other colors there are... and the same goes for Buizel: what was the name of the program that edits the positions ç^ç
Old 16th April 2014, 08:52 AM   #4
tttom64
n00b (true so I won't remove)

tttom64

This looks really good! From the screenshots, all the palletes and tiles look good, but the minisprites need to be changed to match them. I can only see one grammatical error, which is Paco e Zephyr. It should say Paco and Zephyr, but this is probably only a mistranslation. But, so far this is brilliant, I hope you keep hacking!
Old 16th April 2014, 02:45 PM   #5
vincentkun
Neophyte

vincentkun

did u change the pokecenter????..... please dont change it we need the wireless club so we can link using bluetooth
Old 16th April 2014, 02:46 PM   #6
vincentkun
Neophyte

vincentkun

is this finish??
Old 16th April 2014, 03:40 PM   #7
Zephyr
Fallen.

Zephyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom64 View Post
This looks really good! From the screenshots, all the palletes and tiles look good, but the minisprites need to be changed to match them. I can only see one grammatical error, which is Paco e Zephyr. It should say Paco and Zephyr, but this is probably only a mistranslation. But, so far this is brilliant, I hope you keep hacking!
Yes it is xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentkun View Post
did u change the pokecenter????..... please dont change it we need the wireless club so we can link using bluetooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentkun View Post
is this finish??
Nope, it's just at the beginning ^^
Old 17th April 2014, 09:01 PM   #8
Zephyr
Fallen.

Zephyr

Updates!
As you finish your first lessons at the Academy you'll really be on a journey (even for a few days). The first real city of Seuld you'll visit is Beacon Port: here you'll find the Name Rater and the local market which sells special Stones and useful battle items! In the end, I challenge you to pass the Tricky Forest without swearing :P

Ah! The first thread is updated with the mugshot of Prof. Zephyr!
Likes RocketLeader, soulryu, ElitePokes liked this post
Old 18th April 2014, 04:30 AM   #9
ElitePokes
Neophyte

ElitePokes

Nice tiles i hope this gets finished
Old 18th April 2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Zephyr
Fallen.

Zephyr

No, of course! And I think at the end of may we'll finish Alpha 1!

Tags
pokemon, rising, ruby, sun, [GBA]