PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Guides & Documentation > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 29th April 2014, 09:03 PM   #61
HaruhiSuzihami
Neophyte

HaruhiSuzihami

I have to go now. I'll think I have things under control now. I ended up downloading a different file format. Thanks!
HaruhiSuzihami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 9th May 2014, 02:44 PM   #62
BlazeMaster
BIGGER n00b

BlazeMaster

First of I'm really really new.
I just felt like I wanted to make a pokemon game and I searched how to, I found some videos explaining the basics of using Pokemon essentials and RPG maker.

I would like to know the differences form a ROM hack and a fan game so I know where to start posting my game and if Pokemon essentials and RPG maker are good to make a pokemon game.
BlazeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 03:52 PM   #63
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeMaster View Post
First of I'm really really new.
I just felt like I wanted to make a pokemon game and I searched how to, I found some videos explaining the basics of using Pokemon essentials and RPG maker.

I would like to know the differences form a ROM hack and a fan game so I know where to start posting my game and if Pokemon essentials and RPG maker are good to make a pokemon game.
ROM Hacking is editing an actual pokemon game for the use of emulators.

RPG Maker XP and Essentials is a PC fangame built from the ground up. It will only run on Windows, is not portable and can be highly customized, from a 3rd Generation style to something akin to BW, or something completely new.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 04:06 PM   #64
BlazeMaster
BIGGER n00b

BlazeMaster

Thanks, I'm really grateful i got advice quickly, I'l start working right now .
BlazeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 04:18 PM   #65
ps2314
n00b

ps2314
Default Ask to show item

Hi! I'm working on a hack called Pokemon Fiery Vengeance. I want you to have to present a Ruby to a guard before you are allowed to leave pallet town. Any Ideas on how I can script that?

Thanks in advance,

Ps2314
ps2314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 07:17 AM   #66
tttom64
n00b (true so I won't remove)

tttom64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2314 View Post
Hi! I'm working on a hack called Pokemon Fiery Vengeance. I want you to have to present a Ruby to a guard before you are allowed to leave pallet town. Any Ideas on how I can script that?

Thanks in advance,

Ps2314
(This assumes you already know basic scripting. I don't know these commands off by heart so you may have to look them up.)

You should make a tile script that does the following:

1. Get the script to check if you have the specific item (ruby)
2. If you don't have the item, you get forced to walk backwards one step and he tells you you can't pass
3. If you do have the item, he takes the item away from you and a var is set so that the script never happens again.

If you've never scripted before, then it would be a good idea to look at a video or text tutorial.

http://pokemonhackersonline.com/show...ok-mon-Eclipse
tttom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 10:03 AM   #67
JoltJolteon
n00b

JoltJolteon

I want to know how to change the text from the choicebox of OAK's intro (BOY/GIRL). I also want to know where do I find the graphics of the textboxes. I couldn't find it with unlz-gba. Thanks!
JoltJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 07:12 PM   #68
Dragoncat
n00b

Dragoncat

Do I have to use the original palettes, as in, no colors that don't appear in the game itself? I ask because even though I followed this tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282367

My title screen is still discolored. Do I have to get sprites from it and use those colors in order for it to show up right?
Dragoncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 03:41 PM   #69
HarmonyMaddie
Pokemon Harmony Girl

HarmonyMaddie

I'm sorta new to hacking, and right now having a problem with the Pokedex. I put my grass starter, Furberreby, into the game and in the Pokedex it still says Bulbasaur. It also says Bulbasaur when you select the starter (like [player name] recieved the Bulbasaur)

Anyone know if there's a program to fix this?
HarmonyMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2014, 06:52 PM   #70
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

You might have to use a hex editor for the Pokedex, because the Pokedex is a bit more complex in FR/LG if I'm not mistaken. As for the selection that is in a script, you'll need XSE or PKSV for that.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
button, questions, search, simple