PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Guides & Documentation > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 21st March 2017, 02:27 PM   #1
chumon
n00b

chumon
Default Just a question

So, I'm sorry in advance if this has been covered somewhere but I don't even know how to go about finding it if it is. I'll make this as brief as I can.

So I'm relatively new to hacking in general. I've been doing it for a few years but very sporadically and now I'm really trying to get more involved in it. I am currently working on a starter project with fire red...now as for my issue.

So I want the player to have both parents in this game, the father sits in your house and greets and heals you like the mother would normally, while the mother is in the gym that she runs, which is attached to the house. What I want to accomplish is the mother being able to be the one to give the player their first pokemon and then just say encouraging things to them until the final gym, which would be hers, at which point she would be able to be challenged to a battle. Much like Norman is in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I am somewhat familiar with basic scripting terms, I would imagine there would be extensive use of flags and such for this.

If anyone wouldn't mind either explaining a way to accomplish this or link me to something that DOES explain it I would be very grateful. Thanks! <3

Last edited by chumon; 21st March 2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: adding something I forgot
chumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd March 2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

If I were to do this, I would try using the scripts in RSE for both Mom and Norman as a kind of base/template, and edit them accordingly. If you are going to use those scripts as templates, be sure to change the flags/vars used in them because it will be different between these games (except basic things like "LASTRESULT", ect.).

Once the scripts were done, I'd then change/switch the sprites for them in A-Map and then edit the map elements necessary to create the gym.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 22nd March 2017 at 04:53 PM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question