PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive > Questions & Answers

Notices

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 18th October 2013, 03:13 AM   #1
dinoweed

dinoweed
Default Having issues with back sprites

I am a relatively new hacker and I've been trying to figure out how to insert new sprites into the game. I can get the front sprite to work just fine however the back sprite is always messed up colours. The images always seem to have different palettes even if I download pictures from the same source such as pokemon eliete 2000 sprite resource page.

I'll walk you through the process of what I am doing and maybe you could tell me how to get the back sprites to work in game for added pokemon!

Step 1: I get the image open it in paint XP, put in 64x64 canvas and colour the background some colour not in the sprite. Then save it.

step 2: I open the sprite in irfanview and reduce colour depth to 16, and go to edit palette where I switch the first listed colour (black) with the background colour. I then save this as a new image.

step 3: I open the old and new image in seperate paint xp windows, copy then paste the old one onto the new one.

step 4: open up Unlz and go to the sprite I want to replace. I then check off all the ticks and put the sprite in. No issues, the front sprite works fine!

step 5: I put the backsprite in and go through the same steps but its palette never matches and the colours appear all messed up in game.

The back sprite uses the same colours as the front sprite, but the palettes are never the same and I don't know why they're different. This is causing the back sprite to have messed up colours and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any tips?
dinoweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18th October 2013, 01:16 PM   #2
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoweed View Post
I am a relatively new hacker and I've been trying to figure out how to insert new sprites into the game. I can get the front sprite to work just fine however the back sprite is always messed up colours. The images always seem to have different palettes even if I download pictures from the same source such as pokemon eliete 2000 sprite resource page.

I'll walk you through the process of what I am doing and maybe you could tell me how to get the back sprites to work in game for added pokemon!

Step 1: I get the image open it in paint XP, put in 64x64 canvas and colour the background some colour not in the sprite. Then save it.

step 2: I open the sprite in irfanview and reduce colour depth to 16, and go to edit palette where I switch the first listed colour (black) with the background colour. I then save this as a new image.

step 3: I open the old and new image in seperate paint xp windows, copy then paste the old one onto the new one.

step 4: open up Unlz and go to the sprite I want to replace. I then check off all the ticks and put the sprite in. No issues, the front sprite works fine!

step 5: I put the backsprite in and go through the same steps but its palette never matches and the colours appear all messed up in game.

The back sprite uses the same colours as the front sprite, but the palettes are never the same and I don't know why they're different. This is causing the back sprite to have messed up colours and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any tips?
Yes, use Wichu's Advanced Sprite editors. 1000x easier and no need for indexing.
karatekid552 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back, issues, sprites