PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive > Questions & Answers

Notices

Questions & Answers Do you have a problem you need a straight answer for? Ask a question here and get an answer.

Old 3rd January 2014, 02:41 AM   #1
FTTsunami

FTTsunami
Default I Need a pokemon hacking team

ok so i need a pokemon hacking team im a newbie so i want people to help/teach me how do mapping spriting scripting and all that stuff mostly mapping but if you can help please tell me
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:17 AM   #2
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

This applies to the whole forum. Try taking a look in the tutorials and documentation already provided on this forum and learn from them, and experiment. Things will break and you will have to redo them. That's how you learn, not by having a huge team (which won't happen btw) to "teach" (do for you) you how to hack.

If you really want to make a team, make some progress on your hack by yourself, make a thread following the appropriate guidelines, screenshots and all, then ask.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Jambo51 liked this post
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:55 AM   #3
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

^ This.

Like Pia said, the best thing to do is focus on improving what you can do, then expand from there. If you find you just can't get the hang of... let's say mapping, for example. Do your best to make them as you go along, stay focused on the things you are good at, and ask if someone would be willing to help you with mapping. Then they can see it and think, "Yeah, this guy is trying but he isn't very good at mapping. Maybe I'll help him out." People are much more willing to help if they believe it is a project that some effort is being put into already. People are not likely to sign up in threads like this.

Personally, I never even understood the desire to have a huge team myself. I pretty much set out to do my hacks either by myself or in a very small group (ie- Me and like 1 or two other people) and sometimes I get help from other people along the way. When that happens its usually either in the form of me asking them to explain something (like when I ask Miksy for help understanding ASM) or them volunteering to donate something (such as people offering me sprites or people offering to add a routine to do something for me). A huge team working on a hack sounds to me like a quick way for things to get corrupted and messed up if you don't keep track of who does what to which part of the rom, and it also sounds like it could really slow things down when you try to send it back and forth. But that's just my opinion, I know it isn't true of everybody.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Jambo51, Miksy91 liked this post

Tags
hacking, pokemon, team