PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 24th March 2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Grimlord XVII

Grimlord XVII
Default Digimon World

Hello there all ye Pokemon Hackers.

I am working on a full modification of FireRed to make it almost exactly like the PS game Digimon World. This is my first attempt at modding Pokemon, so I may have bitten off more than i can chew, but either way I intend to swallow.

So far the only thing I have finished (Keeping in mind this Project was started on 24/03/2014) is renaming and editing the evolutions of 60 pokemon so that A to B to C evolution is replaced with A to B, C, D, E or F, and each of BCDEF go on to be up to 3 different things depending on how they are raised.

That may not sound like much, but it still a sizeable number of hours. Remember, n00b.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had an interest in this, and if they did whether they would mind helping out with any parts of the project?
Grimlord XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 24th March 2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Kakarot1212
not that active anymore

Kakarot1212

What part of the project are you really in need of?
Kakarot1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Grimlord XVII

Grimlord XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatioN View Post
What part of the project are you really in need of?
As of right now, Sprites are my biggest issue. I don't have the artistic hand to make things look good.

There are also the overworld tiles. Some things from Digimon aren't found in Pokemon, like batteries and toilets.

I suppose if someone could help with the overworld tiles, I could then make the world and be able to produce images of the work rather than just typing it up. Regardless, any help is always appreciated.
Old 24th March 2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Moved to ROM Hack WIP.
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 01:17 PM   #5
Grimlord XVII

Grimlord XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Moved to ROM Hack WIP.
Oh, sorry. I didn't realise I was on the wrong board.
Old 24th March 2014, 10:22 PM   #6
Avara
Mirage Of Tales Creator

Avara

ARE YOU JOKING. *dies*

DW1 for PSX is my favourite game of all-time, and I would personally love to see something good come of this. If you need any scripting help, I would gladly help you. I practically know all the game text off by heart after playing it so many times too =P anyway, good luck with this! Really!
Avara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Grimlord XVII

Grimlord XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaraMoon View Post
ARE YOU JOKING. *dies*

DW1 for PSX is my favourite game of all-time, and I would personally love to see something good come of this. If you need any scripting help, I would gladly help you. I practically know all the game text off by heart after playing it so many times too =P anyway, good luck with this! Really!
Me too, that's the whole reason I wanted to do this And you offering your scripting skills is of great help to me, because I am a noob to modding Pokemon (Though don't think that means I am going to do this half-heartedly). However, until I build the entire map I can't think of much scripting that could be done. But then, I don't know that much about scripting :P
Old 24th March 2014, 10:54 PM   #8
Luna
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Luna Luna Luna Luna Luna

I'll be honest, I didn't realize there were Digimon games at all. All I remember about Digimon were these things:

And an anime that I didn't watch. But good luck on this, I'm sure people who are into digimon will enjoy it.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Grimlord XVII

Grimlord XVII

There have been quite a few Digimon games, though they never had the mainstream success of Pokémon.

Since there are now a few people showing some degree of interest, I may as well post the plan to convert FireRed to Digimon World.
Adding Digimon
Spoiler:

From a purely hacking view-point, I'm changing the Pokémon into Fakemon.

There is a main network of evolutions that is to reflect the diversity of evolution in Digimon World (DW). The network has 5 tiers of evolutions, BABY, IN-TRAINING,ROOKIE,CHAMPION and ULTIMATE. There are a total of 60 Digimon in this network alone, and all can be acquired by capturing the 4 BABY Digimon (You get one to start with). Any Digimon higher-tier than BABY cannot be caught in the wild.

After the network will come the "wild" digimon, those that can be found only in the wild. They have fewer evolutions, but are required to complete the Pokédex.

Moves
Spoiler:

There are 56 moves in DW, which I will make by editing the most visually appropriate PKMN moves. There is then the matter of the SPECIAL moves that Digimon get. This is a unique attack that does massive damage, but has very little PP. To be used Wisely.

File Island
Spoiler:

File Island is the setting of DW. It has 10 main areas. There are many areas, but I consider the main ones to be extremely different in their climate and Digimon found in that area. These are NATIVE FOREST, MT.PANORAMA, GEAR SAVANNAH, FACTORIAL TOWN, GEKO SWAMP, MISTY TREES, FREEZELAND, GREAT CANYON, TROPICAL FOREST and the DINO REGION.

FILE CITY is the main focus of the game, and the only noteworthy civilisation. This is the only place (Bar very very few) that the player can heal for free, buy items, enter tournaments, "fly" from (Really, FILE CITY is the only place you can HM02 to, to reflect the auto-pilot of DW, which would return you to the city instantly. "Flying" from FILE CITY is a matter of script teleporting.) and various other things.

The plan above is very, very rough. This also means it is highly malleable for suggestions to be taken in, HOWEVER the hack is to be as close to the DW game as is possible. For example, I would have LOVED to add the Card collection aspect, but I can't see any possible way for that to work...

Anyway, does anyone have any questions and/or suggestions?
Old 25th March 2014, 08:19 PM   #10
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

For the Pokemon editing, I recommend using http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/...-Hacking-Suite
and making the first Pokemon the Baby/wild ones or whatever you said, and then adding new pokemon if necessary, considering they all have five evolutions.

Tags
digimon, firered, hack, pokemon, world