PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 27th December 2013, 06:15 PM   #11
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

As far as this version goes (you start in Johto, and developed by me and Pyro) then yes, it is canceled. A long time ago, we started on a reboot that was centered around the Latio region, but we never got very far with it for some reason. The reboot we started probably will come back at some point. It would have a lot of the same "new features" that were added in this one, such as the Global Terminal/PokéMobile Adapter, Practice Battle Machines, and all that. But it would be in a new region and have a new story that would of course still involve Celebi along the way as well (since the full title was always "Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi". We'll make a new thread for the reboot though if/when we get around to it though to keep things from being confused with this old version.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Pokemon_Master liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 28th December 2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Pokemon_Master
Born Again Christian

Pokemon_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
As far as this version goes (you start in Johto, and developed by me and Pyro) then yes, it is canceled. A long time ago, we started on a reboot that was centered around the Latio region, but we never got very far with it for some reason. The reboot we started probably will come back at some point. It would have a lot of the same "new features" that were added in this one, such as the Global Terminal/PokéMobile Adapter, Practice Battle Machines, and all that. But it would be in a new region and have a new story that would of course still involve Celebi along the way as well (since the full title was always "Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi". We'll make a new thread for the reboot though if/when we get around to it though to keep things from being confused with this old version.
Ok,but its name is steriling silves. Why it has gold's titlescreen?

Trying to be a ROM Hacker!!
Pokemon_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

It doesn't have Gold's title screen. They had the same background but different pallets, we just changed the pallet to look like day.

Old 1st May 2014, 02:16 PM   #14
Xanathos
What does this button do?.....

Xanathos

I'm starting this game looks fun really, and as always a pleasure to beback in johto =)
Xanathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 03:12 PM   #15
Xanathos

Xanathos

HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!! i'm playing it and I came to goldenrod city. The game as far as I am is full of original ideas.
You got in azaela town where you saved the slowpokes, a trainers chamber within with Kris at the end! Kris is by the way your rival (idea was kept for christmas). Unfortunately you don't fight Red who explains the event.

In goldenrod city, the underground city contains the warehouse of Dr Mason with the battle machines. You fight many guys. I tried 2 and the second was Professor Oak.

But the game is unplayable because of one thing. The road number 32 is blocked by a cut tree. you get Hm01 in azaela town along the badge which allows to use it. In the twins caves, the path is blocked by rock-smash things you can't break apart since you don't have the TM. So I use the code to get pass all these things. The event in the forest with Celebi doesn't work ("object event")

EDIT: I must be wrong about the whole "unplayable game because of Hm01" thing.Well I'm blocked again with the tree where i should use squirtlebottle but can't find it, I got a skate board! xD

I use the file in attachment on pokecommunity thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80753) The demo ends at ecruteak city.

An amazing hack, you sould all play so it's amazing! Congrats to the hackers! A good box of chocolate to wait for the extended deluxe edition of Pokemon christmas =)

Last edited by Xanathos; 1st May 2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 1st May 2014, 10:18 PM   #16
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Yeah, we moved a few things around I know, and it might even take me a minute to figure out where to go to find things anymore. It's been so long since we worked on this one xD

But yeah, as you noticed, some of the ideas that I liked from this hack I brought back in Pokémon Christmas. (Kris as the rival, Practice Battle Machines, Global Terminal, Celebi Event, Zigzagoon, etc) Most of the ideas have been either improved or just changed a bit though when I brought them back. Battle Machines now give you Coins as a prize in addition to the EXP and money they did in Sterling Silver. Celebi event works now. Kris is in different places and acts a little differently, but similar. Zigzagoon and Linoone now have pickup, which we had absolutely no idea how to add back then. Also, the Global Terminal is completely different in Christmas.

But yeah. Since we decided to abandon this version and reboot the game with you starting in the new region, I wanted to make sure that some of the ideas from this game didn't get abandoned too. The reboot got abandoned shortly after we started it as well (no demo was ever released of the reboot if I remember) but Pyro and I have talked a couple of times about bringing this hack back one day. Too early to really say if or when that will happen. But in the meantime, I'm glad you're enjoying this old version.

Fun Fact: This hack originally started as a way for us to learn scripting and other things so that Secrets and Rumours could be better and more accurate.

Old 2nd May 2014, 07:09 AM   #17
Xanathos

Xanathos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Fun Fact: This hack originally started as a way for us to learn scripting and other things so that Secrets and Rumours could be better and more accurate.
For a start as I said it's really professionnal hack =) Hope one day he will be back. The game was original, the name too and the ideas very good =)
Likes Mateo liked this post

Tags
classic, pokemon, silver, sterling, version, [GB/GBC]