PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 3rd October 2014, 11:35 PM   #1
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

DJTiKi
Default Concept: Making Fire Red A Better Game

As we all know, Fire Red is the remakes of the first generation of games. It was featured with improved graphics and a new engine. As a remake, it is pretty good. It replicates everything nicely(in fact, it replicates them to the tooth). But as a stand-alone title, it fails to completely utilize what engine and options they had available for it. So what do you do to improve on a pretty basic game? We've seen how the ROM base itself is rearranged and brought anew, but what exactly can be made for the game itself?

Battle Facilities?
Hightened Diffuculty?
More Pokémon?

This question crosses my mind because I've been wanting to make a diffuculty hack, that doesn't only expoud on the dffuculty, but add more things to make it......a better game. So I am having trouble coming up with more things for Fire Red, so I am asking for ideas and any help is appreciated :)
Old 4th October 2014, 08:46 AM   #2
DarkTammer
Junior Trainer

DarkTammer

I think you posted it in the wrong (sub-)forum but I always find the story's too short so actually I would add more story (or bonus chapters) and probably add more pokémon. By expanding the story (both pre- and post-Elite4) you can easily make every trainer stronger without really making them overpowered. Maybe you can add another region? That would be awesome

Last edited by DarkTammer; 4th October 2014 at 12:03 PM.
DarkTammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 07:26 PM   #3
ThePharaoh
Junior Trainer

ThePharaoh

1: Add a new region. Either one of your one creation or a re-imagining of an already existing region. (E.G, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Orre or even one of the regions that appeared in other spinoff games.
2: Increase difficulty slightly. Make it so that you'll have fun planning to defeat that pesky Gyarados that is five levels higher than you, but so that you won't have to grind all the time. (I'm looking at you, Dark Rising.)
3: If making just a re-imagining of a region, than add one or two more rivals that will be enjoyable and have an interesting backstory. For example, I make a Kanto remake, I'll add a character based on the opposite gender and a rival based on either myself or a friend of mine.
4: Make sure that your grammer and spelling is correct, unless you want angry fans (not really fans though) yelling at you for accidentally forgetting to put a comma in a sentence.
5: If adding another region, make the region have a different plot to what it used to have.
Hi. I'm ThePharaoh. You may remember me as Sceptile90 from Pokécommunity. But, I won't bore you with my life story. I was interested in making a Fire Red Hack. If you wish you want to help me, then just shoot a PM. I'm looking for Spriters and Scripters or even someone to teach me how to script!
ThePharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes DarkTammer liked this post

Tags
concept, fire, game, making, red, [Other]