PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 16th March 2014, 02:35 PM   #51
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
I want to make a script, where you talk to a dude and he gives you a new Pokémon created with this program, will it work? And can someone please explain me or give link to a tutorial how to add new Pokémon to the wild with Hex editing? Is there any chance, that in the future this tool will be compatible with this patch: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=252 ?
The script will work just fine, but until MEH is released, you have to hex edit for wild pokemon.

I beg you, please, please, please read the documentation! It is 100% compatible with that patch and I put in a completely separate paragraph on how to do it.-_-
karatekid552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 16th March 2014, 03:40 PM   #52
Syndrome
n00b

Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
The script will work just fine, but until MEH is released, you have to hex edit for wild pokemon.

I beg you, please, please, please read the documentation! It is 100% compatible with that patch and I put in a completely separate paragraph on how to do it.-_-
Thanks for your answers, I'll wait for MEH, then...
Oh, and I'm so sorry, for the patch question, I just haven't noticed documentation when I downloaded it :P. Don't be mad at me .
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes karatekid552 liked this post
Old 16th March 2014, 06:51 PM   #53
Xansus
Gen II Aficionado

Xansus

I was wondering how could i edit mrdollsteak's rombase in g3hs?
He said that it was compatible but I dont know how to set it up.. any help would be great
Xansus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 07:46 PM   #54
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xansus View Post
He said that it was compatible but I dont know how to set it up.. any help would be great
Do people even read anymore? Just scroll up a few posts in this thread.-_-
Old 22nd March 2014, 01:29 PM   #55
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Well the update feature thingy worked, I didn't update though. I was VERY tempted :P.
Old 22nd March 2014, 03:24 PM   #56
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
Well the update feature thingy worked, I didn't update though. I was VERY tempted :P.
It won't work....... At all. Only the newest version that I have on my computer actually has the updater code. The version that pops up when you open up G3HS is an older testing version for Ubuntu. (I need to delete that, lol. Thanks for reminding me.) I am currently finishing updater code that will allow the program to update itself with your permission. You will have the choice of a manual download and install (like in the past) or auto-download.
Old 22nd March 2014, 10:15 PM   #57
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Oh I meant I saw the message.
Old 26th March 2014, 05:21 PM   #58
Thesonicmew
n00b

Thesonicmew
out of curiosity, would it be possible to trade the pokemon implemented into the newly added pokedex slots into the exact same copy of the edited rom, or at the very least: a firered rom that has all the exact same pokemon, pre 386 and afterwards, yet not the same map layouts, story, or otherwise?
Thesonicmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 01:57 AM   #59
Full Metal ★
Unstable?
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Full Metal ★ Full Metal ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
?
Please make sure to elaborate on your question, as simply placing a question mark leaves a lot to be interpreted. Things like this are the reason the cursed word count exists, and right now we don't have one. You can prevent one from being necessary by communicating slightly more wholesomely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesonicmew View Post
out of curiosity, would it be possible to trade the pokemon implemented into the newly added pokedex slots into the exact same copy of the edited rom, or at the very least: a firered rom that has all the exact same pokemon, pre 386 and afterwards, yet not the same map layouts, story, or otherwise?
Yes, you can trade within copies of the same ROM. As long as the two games share the same pokedex / species, pokemon can be transferred. However, if you replace Staryu with Buizel in a ROM, then when you trade a Buizel into the original game, the other game will receive a Staryu with questionable legality.

★ full metal.

#busy
Full Metal ★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes karatekid552 liked this post
Old 27th March 2014, 09:39 AM   #60
Kakarot1212
/member.php?u=433319

Kakarot1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xansus View Post
EVERYTHING IS ON THE DOCUMENTATION. LOL

KK said it like a million times. You people should know how to read things like that. Its just simple.

@karatekid552 , i think you should include a Q&A on the first post. For people to stop asking the same question over and over again.
Kakarot1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gen, hacking, iii, pokemon, rom, suite, [Editor]