PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Tools, Utilities & Resources

Tools, Utilities & Resources Get tools that help you create and ease the process of creating and modifying. Share resources for people to use in their hack.

Old 27th March 2014, 11:20 AM   #61
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal ★ View Post
Please make sure to elaborate on your question, as simply placing a question mark leaves a lot to be interpreted. Things like this are the reason the cursed word count exists, and right now we don't have one. You can prevent one from being necessary by communicating slightly more wholesomely.

Yes, you can trade within copies of the same ROM. As long as the two games share the same pokedex / species, pokemon can be transferred. However, if you replace Staryu with Buizel in a ROM, then when you trade a Buizel into the original game, the other game will receive a Staryu with questionable legality.
Oh okay whoops. I had no idea what he was saying, but I forgot to quote him. Sorry.
Old 30th March 2014, 11:52 PM   #62
karatekid552
What does this button do?.....
Ex-Staff

karatekid552 karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatioN View Post
EVERYTHING IS ON THE DOCUMENTATION. LOL

KK said it like a million times. You people should know how to read things like that. Its just simple.

@karatekid552 , i think you should include a Q&A on the first post. For people to stop asking the same question over and over again.
Even if I did, would it change anything? There are only 4 files in the zip folder and one is clearly labeled "G3HS_Documentation". If they chose to ignore that, they will ignore the Q&A too.
karatekid552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes DarkPsychic liked this post
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:37 AM   #63
raven
n00b

raven
Default icon scewup

i tried adding turtwig,i imported the icon and stuff,but when it show up,color and some pixel are screwed,like its darker and there is random yellow and green pixel on his face,is there a fix for this,if not,would you be able to fix it?
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:58 PM   #64
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
i tried adding turtwig,i imported the icon and stuff,but when it show up,color and some pixel are screwed,like its darker and there is random yellow and green pixel on his face,is there a fix for this,if not,would you be able to fix it?
This version doesn't auto-select the right icon palette. The next version will. I will be releasing it as soon as I finish a little bit more coding. My life just got really busy really fast so give me some time.

To fix this right now, just load the icon with each different palette selected until it finds a good match.
Likes DarkPsychic liked this post
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:52 PM   #65
raven
n00b

raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This version doesn't auto-select the right icon palette. The next version will. I will be releasing it as soon as I finish a little bit more coding. My life just got really busy really fast so give me some time.

To fix this right now, just load the icon with each different palette selected until it finds a good match.
kk,i have a suggestion,what about teaming with shinyquaqsir and together make a 2 in 1 tool ,personally one of the thing i hate with rom hacking is the fact that i always need to change software to make different stuff :/
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 12:37 AM   #66
Kakarot1212
/member.php?u=433319

Kakarot1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post

Or use wichu's advance series for now.
Kakarot1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 12:43 AM   #67
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
kk,i have a suggestion,what about teaming with shinyquaqsir and together make a 2 in 1 tool ,personally one of the thing i hate with rom hacking is the fact that i always need to change software to make different stuff :/
When Shiny and I are done with our tools, you will only need 3 tools in total to work. The issue with us teaming up is he knows Java and I know Python. This means we can't work on the same code, we can only share concepts.
Likes Mateo liked this post
Old 5th April 2014, 09:12 PM   #68
Ketsuban
n00b

Ketsuban

I mentioned this on Reddit, but I've done some more digging.

As I said, PIL is dead in all but name (there's been no work on it in years) and is continued by Pillow, which is almost entirely API-compatible. The only problem with using Pillow which is relevant to G3HS is that Image is now a subpackage of PIL, so the import line in PILandWXPythonConversions.py should be changed like so.

Code:
try:
    import Image
except ImportError:
    from PIL import Image
With that change implemented G3HS works fine with Pillow or PIL.
Ketsuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 12:09 AM   #69
karatekid552
Ex-Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuban View Post
I mentioned this on Reddit, but I've done some more digging.

As I said, PIL is dead in all but name (there's been no work on it in years) and is continued by Pillow, which is almost entirely API-compatible. The only problem with using Pillow which is relevant to G3HS is that Image is now a subpackage of PIL, so the import line in PILandWXPythonConversions.py should be changed like so.

Code:
try:
    import Image
except ImportError:
    from PIL import Image
With that change implemented G3HS works fine with Pillow or PIL.
My Ubuntu installation that I do all of my coding on uses Pillow (well, at least when I tried to install pillow, it yelled at me and told me I was already using it....) so I don't know if that change is needed.... I can make it just to be safe though.
Old 13th April 2014, 04:14 PM   #70
Ewery1
Buizelmaster

Ewery1

Alright, I have a question. If I edited a bunch of Pokemon in Firered, and want to move the data to Ruby, can I? Or do I have to do it all over again.

Tags
gen, hacking, iii, pokemon, rom, suite, [Editor]