PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > Other Research

Other Research For research regarding Gen III or other hacks that aren't Gen I/II.

Old 9th August 2014, 06:21 AM   #1
MakoReactor
Resident Edgelord Troll

MakoReactor
Exclamation Fire red Disabling the need for badges with hms

Ive been trying to figure this out for about a week with no luck. I'm trying to disable the need for badges to use hms in the field like GameFreak did for Gen 5. fixing the issue with cut, rock smash, and strength is easy since you can edit the script in xse. You cant do that for surf, waterfall, flash or fly as the info for that is in the pokemon menu (I have yet to begin with that as I dont know where to look). I have looked at Surf and waterfalls scripts (though looking for anyscript checking for that move) but they have no checkflag for their corresponding badge. In regards to what I said about cut, rock smash, and strength; I believe that there may be something in the pokemon menu for them as well. If anyone can help with this it would be much apreciated.

Check out my channel
MakoReactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 9th August 2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

That "checkflag" part of their (surf, fly etc.) "script" is part of an asm routine.

It probably works so that there is an asm routine that is accessed every time you try to "talk" to a water type tile and in that routine, it does the following;

1. Check if a pokemon in your party knows surf
2. Check if you have obtained that specific badge for being able to use surf (= check for a certain bit in ram)
3. Check if you're already surfing. In case you are, don't make it possible to use surf again.

What you would have to do would be calculating the pointer to that script part of using surf and read the asm code close to that pointer with an asm editor or debugger. There you can find the "check if you have obtained the specific badge" part, and once you have run into it, just skip it through one way or another (this part of the process is simple).

This is kinda simple to do once you're familiar with assembly and backtracking code but getting the hang of those takes a little bit of experimenting

Tags
badges, disabling, fire, fireredpokemon, hms, pokemon, red, [Ongoing]