PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 14th July 2013, 08:51 PM   #21
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
This is true, which is why I said "Granted, PC's bigger than RHO". But my concern is that if we make it, then have to take it away in the future because we have a ton more posts, then people will start to moan again. Still, it would certainly be a nice feature to have.
Well, first, it's LaZ's company's problem it's part of their dedicated job to keep everything running smoothly, whereas Steve from PC isn't being paid when it comes to maintaining the server for PC. So there's the motivation to improve, and I think they have about a month ago?

Second, Team Fail is working on something where it'll reduce the name-change to something like changing a usertitle so hang in there.
Old 14th July 2013, 10:55 PM   #22
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Well, first, it's LaZ's company's problem it's part of their dedicated job to keep everything running smoothly, whereas Steve from PC isn't being paid when it comes to maintaining the server for PC. So there's the motivation to improve, and I think they have about a month ago?

Second, Team Fail is working on something where it'll reduce the name-change to something like changing a usertitle so hang in there.
And no, I did not say I was working on something like that. This was a simple little plugin I found and was using. besides i tend to suck at coding things. if anything, it'd make it worse than better.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 14th July 2013, 11:23 PM   #23
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
And no, I did not say I was working on something like that. This was a simple little plugin I found and was using. besides i tend to suck at coding things. if anything, it'd make it worse than better.
well maybe I'll work on it
Old 14th July 2013, 11:48 PM   #24
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

I've changed usergroup colors for the following:

VIP I
Assistant Admin
Webmaster

They should be easier to read on darker themes now without too much sacrifice for lighter themes.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 16th July 2013, 03:09 PM   #25
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

Bring back community groups xD

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 07:46 PM   #26
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwibagi View Post
Spoiler:
Last time I checked the ROM hacking section, there was little to none about copying and stealing content off others' works.

I strongly ask for a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of behavior. Perhaps the consequences being (1) a verbal warning and (2) permanent ban.

Why I suggest this is because in the past (I will not mention specifics) a certain user decided to use others' code, content, and ideas and merged them into his own hack.

When a number of people pointed out the similarities of this user's work with its antecedent, this person flipped out and removed credits. Then this user began a spam war, made false statements about another user, then ultimately got temporarily (1) banned from one of the forums this user posted on, and (2) had the thread closed when I publicly made this known.

This is different from borrowing ideas and being inspired by other hacks - this hacker I speak of literally just took content from other games (border graphics, battle bar graphics, tiles and tilesets, overworld sprite, and other ideas). Should you feel that you need more evidence, PM me.

I understand this is a bit much to ask, and that there's a fine line between inspiration and downright thievery.
I also realize I am a strongly justice-oriented person and I believe this may be a problem in the future if unaddressed.
I remember the incident this is referring to. Originally part of it was used with permission (a baserom) but then credit was removed, and a lot of other things were just outright taken from other well-known hacks with no credit. The user then claimed to have come up with the ideas on his own, even in spite of screenshots and documentation showing otherwise. He also claimed at one point to have "looked at the code for so-and-so and noticed that it was based on so-and-so" when in fact, he had been completely lost until I told him specifically that what he was wanting to do was based on so-and-so and to look at the routine in question to copy it (the routine in question was in Gold, not another hack however. I don't promote stealing) so he really just didn't like giving credit for anything.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Shhwonk, karatekid552 liked this post
Old 17th July 2013, 08:26 PM   #27
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Well, I think that's a given huh.

Don't steal and if you do, credit them.

I think this will be done very soon if not just immediately

Last edited by droomph; 17th July 2013 at 08:35 PM.
droomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 01:26 AM   #28
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

I know, I said, thus, we should have that up in some time
Old 26th July 2013, 06:23 AM   #29
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwibagi View Post
Someone should write more on emulation and flash carts. I say this because I don't fully understand how flash carts work but I own one for the GB/GBC, and would love to write a guide for the user side (as opposed to technicalities).

I'd also appreciate if someone wrote about GBA flash carts, seeing how there are so many GBA hacks here. That topic for the DS Acekard was phenomenal, it should be an example for future reference.
First of all, thanks :3

Anyways, if I have time, I may toss in EZ-Flash 3-in-1 since it's compatible with the Acekard series, but I'll also add in the GBA Exploader as well for good measure (GBA Exploader being a type of flashing utility for the 3-in-1 that can be used on any DLDI-compatible card). A lot of newer firmwares come with 3-in-1 support though.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.

Last edited by Team Fail; 26th July 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 11:28 AM   #30
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

We should have default text color

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags