PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 8th August 2013, 11:36 PM   #21
Jisuke
私の陰茎は非常に大きい
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Jisuke Jisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Something wrong with it, or just goofing off?
Meh. Today is just a meh day.
Jisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 8th August 2013, 11:37 PM   #22
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
Meh. Today is just a meh day.
I know that feel, bro.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 01:41 AM   #23
Gal
Getting there...

Gal

I dunno if it works on GBC, but if it does work, you could move the pokemon table to another location, repoint some ugly things and you could add pokemon without replacing. I like how hack looks since winter is my favourite season

Spoiler:
#1 - I saw Saw
#2 - Mateo's name is NOT Matt!
#3 - Karatekid is a n00b ROM hacker (;
#4 - LaZ doesn't like deadly metal music (;
#5 - Mateo doesn't like Flannery
#6 - Mateo is a bad guy ;(
#7 - Enough jokes about Mateo (;
#8 - I EM 7 YIRZ OLD
#9 - Ann Oldman
#10 - Stunfisk
#11 - Smexy Lotads
Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 09:51 PM   #24
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

@Gal - sorry I missed your reply here. I'm afraid itd be a bit more complicated than that in Gen II, since without rewriting everything that deals with a Pokemon there would only been room for 255 Pokemon max, because it only uses 1 byte to keep up with them.

Another thing that I thought I had mentioned here, but apparently I only mentioned it on PokéCommunity and Facebook: After getting several people's opinions, I've decided to wait until Christmas to release the new version. But it won't just be a pointless delay, I'll also be continuing to update maps and tilesets like I had started.

Also, I don't have them inserted yet (because I'm still working on scripts) but here are some of the building designs that will be happening in the New Bark/Cherrygrove area (and also Pallet Town/Viridian. I'll be going with the Heart Gold idea of using the same types of trees in both regions, and several types of buildings and things).

Here you can see the small houses, player's house, Pokecenter/Mart design, Elm's Lab, and the North/South Route Gate design.

This has some of them used again, along with trees and grass. I'm thinking that to make this look more snowy, I'll make most of the grass background white instead of normal green, but make it look like the tufts of grass are sticking out of the snow. I'll post more screenshots once I have them in the game and have them in colour.

Also, I had originally been working on these graphics for a future project, so I'll have to modify them to be snowier. But you can still get the idea.

Also, do you guys think I should go with a snowy version of these Ruby devamped trees I have here, or use the original snowy trees I have in the current version?

Old 28th August 2013, 10:58 PM   #25
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Bumping my thread again with some more graphics. Here is the new gym design.

Old 29th August 2013, 04:11 PM   #26
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

With South Isle, I thought I posted a while back that I had added some new areas to it (A rocky beach area North of the town that you get to through a route gate, a forest, and another beach.) I also posted some screenshots and mentioned that there is a Team Rocket event going on down there now. The Team Rocket part works fine, but I did find a couple of bugs down there that I need to fix (most notably a guy in town who sells you some rare stuff based on the day of the week. The complicated part works fine, it just has some careless errors I need to fix). I've also tried to make the main "town" part of South Isle feel more like a town. There are more NPCs around doing things, and there is a large building representing a hotel or condo on the Island since it is supposed to be a tourist spot.

This update will also move the Global Terminal from South Isle back to Goldenrod. It was always kind of awkward where it was, since you had to fly to South Isle and then go through that cave any time you wanted to get to it. So it will be back in Goldenrod where it was in Crystal and Heart Gold. Goldenrod will still have its normal Pokemon Center as well, and the Global Terminal will be mapped as a cross between the Global Terminal in Heart Gold and the PokeCom Center in Crystal. I'll post some screenshots once I get to the re-mapping parts though (ie- once I get the new tilesets done and set up).

Flameball is a TM and a lot of Pokemon can learn it. It replaced Rock Smash and is needed to progress to Ecruteak so it can be learned by a lot of Pokemon. Any Fire-Type can learn it, and you can find both Growlithe and Vulpix by the time you get it, so there should be no trouble progressing if you didn't choose Cyndaquil. It can also be learned by some non-fire Pokemon like Gyarados, Dratini's line, Nido families, Linoone, etc. I haven't gotten around to doing the other moves though, but I will post more about them when I do. Thanks for reminding me though, because I had actually forgot to write them down in my notes.

Old 14th September 2013, 12:40 AM   #27
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

1) There have always been ice blocks that you melt by using FlameBall outside of battle. They are just the size of normal rocks though, none that are huge (by that I'm assuming you mean Big Snorlax size). FlameBall replaced RockSmash.

2)Might be cool, I could look into that.

3)Mt.Silver is currently not a place you can go in Pokemon Christmas. You unlock Cerulean Cave instead. (Also the maps and flight data for Mt. Silver were used to make South Isle )

4) You didn't list a #4

5)Reference to Santa Claus will happen. Might add a yeti, especially if I end up adding Obamasnow.

6) That might happen. I'm also making stantler's shiny form have a Red nose like "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". Right now I tried to make Teddiursa and Ursaring be more rare and mainly found in caves since they look like normal bears and normal bears hibernate.

Old 6th October 2013, 07:29 PM   #28
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Alright, I've been working on this a bit more lately (I took a break from it for a bit to help Freako finish Bronze). I've restored the upstairs in the Pokémon Centers that I had removed in the last version. I also made it so that you find the Name Rater in the upstairs as well, so that you don't have to wait until you get to Goldenrod (or backtrack to Goldenrod) if you decide to change a Pokémon's name. I've also done some work on other things, such as adding trainers to Ice Path and stuff. Right now I'm working on completely redoing the events in Mahogany Town, since I decided that they were too similar to original Gold.

I have a couple of things I would like you guys' opinion on too:
1. The Time Capsule (allowing trade with RBY). Should this be part of the Global Terminal in Goldenrod, or in the gate to the "Pal Park" in Fuchsia City? I'm kinda leaning toward the Pal Park myself.
2. The Move Deleter. Should he stay in Blackthorn City, or should I put him in the upstairs of Pokémon Centers along with the Name Rater?

Old 6th October 2013, 07:36 PM   #29
AriNikoBradshaw
Greetings.

AriNikoBradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I have a couple of things I would like you guys' opinion on too:
1. The Time Capsule (allowing trade with RBY). Should this be part of the Global Terminal in Goldenrod, or in the gate to the "Pal Park" in Fuchsia City? I'm kinda leaning toward the Pal Park myself.
2. The Move Deleter. Should he stay in Blackthorn City, or should I put him in the upstairs of Pokémon Centers along with the Name Rater?
I think the move deleter should be in the Pokécenters. It would make things far simpler if you had them everywhere rather than in just one area. As for the time capsule, I like the idea of it being near the "pal park" area
Old 6th October 2013, 09:31 PM   #30
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNikoBradshaw View Post
I think the move deleter should be in the Pokécenters. It would make things far simpler if you had them everywhere rather than in just one area. As for the time capsule, I like the idea of it being near the "pal park" area
That was my thought. I know that not everyone can emulate a link cable, but for those who can, it felt like it would be better to have that functionality in the Pal Park area since it would be a lot simpler than trying to make a "real" Pal Park. (It currently has the same map as the Pal Park, but it is just stocked with Pokémon that were in Red's Safari Zone and you battle them normally).

Also, the Move Deleter being everywhere seems handier to me as well. Assuming nobody else comes up with a compelling reason to do otherwise, I think this is the setup I'll be going with.

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC]