PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > News & Updates

News & Updates This is the place to get the latest news and updates about PHO.

Old 13th September 2013, 05:11 AM   #51
Distortion
Neophyte
PHO VIP

Distortion

Content removed.

Last edited by Distortion; 13th September 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 13th September 2013, 05:41 AM   #52
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
To make it worse, there's a "bureaucracy" even though half of the people it must go through can only be contacted once a day, and even then, not every day.

I am trying to get that done away with, if nobody else is.
That's done and away now. It's just the forum. We don't have that old hierarchy system anymore. It didn't work at all.

And all of you are pointing out school as the sole factor. If you saw one day in my life, you'd truly see just how much time I have to come online at all. And that's not a hell of a lot. We're tossing around ideas in a Skype chat, but none of them could really work well unless we have member participation. I'm pitching an idea as I write this though, and it's actively being discussed.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 05:44 AM   #53
Distortion
Neophyte
PHO VIP

Distortion
Content removed.

Last edited by Distortion; 13th September 2013 at 11:58 PM.
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 10:47 AM   #54
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
Sorry if I am being rash, but if none of you can do anything then it is time to get some members in here who can or else you will all be heading on to the path of failure and that is more than probable.
Yeah... like we would have anyone around who would be willing to spend his/her spare time into making this community a better place.

If I became a moderator, I might even accomplish something that would make a difference. But I'm not willing to contact the staff and ask to be "promoted" - I'll much rather spend my own free time doing something what I want to do, not what others would want me to do.

Okay, this wasn't meant to share the feeling "expect others to do the job in your place". But it still remains a fact.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:35 AM   #55
Linkandzelda
RHO つぃちょう
Webmaster

Linkandzelda Linkandzelda Linkandzelda

Just wanted to let people know I'm not sitting idly by, I'm attempting to have a meeting with everyone this weekend to discuss everything laid out in this thread, some of which are great ideas. In addition to this I have a bunch of other things I want to discuss with the staff before taking things further.

One thing I wanted to answer now was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrunch View Post
3) All the forums for different console in the ROM Hacking section are pointless. Maybe shorten down the list to a few key consoles and lump all the other ones together as "other consoles"?
Those sections are just prefixes used for further sorting rather than actual sections, maybe there's too many but in the end it's just a couple of images on the forum and I feel it's best to have them all rather than be discriminating and not have some of them.

Linkandzelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 11:57 AM   #56
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
If you can not afford to be active then why be staff at all. Have you considered this? Obviously you are not the best choice or others who are in a similar situation as yourself. Why don't you guys actually consider putting together a more active staff who could actually make a change in this community.
Scarcity. Unlimited wants and limited resources.

I didn't realize my leaving would cause such a mess. Clearly change hasn't happened in the month I've been gone and it probably won't happen unless I come back. I cared dearly about this forum but my health ended up taking precedence in my life. You are extremely ignorant to say we do not care about this forum, we happen to be older than we were when we first started. ROM Hacking is a hobby, and not a job. We have school, college, professions, and we do not have all the time in the world for RHO. However, what time I do put into it is to better it, and not to disgrace it, even if I screw up in the process.

We want to make this forum a better place but it won't happen overnight. It takes time to carry out projects or ready new content.

Also, it was said this place would become an archive if it failed, but that we would not close it. So until we do not get a post for weeks inbetween I won't give up.

With that said I will not tolerate flamebait and it will be removed henceforth.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 07:28 PM   #57
droomph
握りモンスター
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

droomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
And all of you are pointing out school as the sole factor. If you saw one day in my life, you'd truly see just how much time I have to come online at all. And that's not a hell of a lot. We're tossing around ideas in a Skype chat, but none of them could really work well unless we have member participation. I'm pitching an idea as I write this though, and it's actively being discussed.
That's why I said, please have someone more active involved.

I understand you guys have school and everything, but that's exactly the reason I want you guys to get off. Because you're representing the staff in a bad way. It makes us look like we don't care, no matter how much we actually do care. That's what I'm saying.

Again, I know that you have no choice to be inactive, but if you can't be on more often and participate more often, regardless of whether you can control it or not, you aren't doing the job you signed up for, and shouldn't be on the team (until you become more active, at least).

That's my thought.
Quote:
May I ask why you even continue to bother if no one else intends to? Sure you are theme designer, but you hold no actual powers and those that do could care less that what we would about making a change.
because I invested myself into this and no matter what I want to see that investment net a return.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:56 PM   #58
Black Charizard
Horus/Seth/Black Charizard.
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Black Charizard

Hello guys,
Today I came to visit to see what GC posted since hes been an inspiration for me since the early days. I noticed that some threads don't receive a reply within a week, but that being said there are some minor problems.

Like Pia already stated people are striving for succession in their life's which is and stays as one of the most important parts of life if they can't be online that much it's understandable you can't expect people to throw away their life for a forum which is a hobby, a community of people who grow on you as friends or as "friendly people" of course not everyone likes each other but as a community you just make the best out of it.

The threads might not get replyd to as much as we would like to see but that's also because the community is compact and small in size but that doesn't rectify not loving the community.
The community of course will need more advertising to show to people that this community has something for them. But it can't be done until at least the staff decides to undertake action try to plan 1 or 2 hours a week to just go through all new threads and read them and reply.

When your low on time just pass the thread you watched on to someone who can do it for you. Maybe work on something like tasks lists in the staffing area where you can keep track if something's resolved or not or replyd to or not due to (a reason).

That way no thread goes by unnoticed. But if the staff doesn't have the time for this then it's simple a wait till they have time for it. The community can be fun if you build together on it.

Just my input.
~ BC
Black Charizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes BlackAnarchy★, Miksy91 liked this post
Old 6th October 2013, 06:14 AM   #59
AriNikoBradshaw
Greetings.

AriNikoBradshaw

The key here is activity. The more posts you make, the more replies you'll get. The more replies you get, the more discussion there is and therefor the more active the forum is. I recommend to everyone reading this to start posting on every thread they possibly can simply to spark discussion and make the forum both active and fun.

Tags
community