PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 3rd May 2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot
Default Pokémon Ancient Platinum

Pokémon Ancient Platinum
Hack of Gold Version (U)
By Mateo and Pia Carrot

Intro:
Welcome to the Ancient Platinum thread!

Pokémon Ancient Platinum is a Gold hack by Mateo and Pia Carrot, which attempts to bring the amazing region of Sinnoh to the nostalgic metal engine. The project originally started in early 2012 by Pia Carrot but due to his lack of hacking knowledge gave up promptly. However, now there is Mateo on board the team, the hacking veteran behind Secrets and Rumors and Pokémon Sterling Silver.
The hack aims to create a grand Sinnoh experience, while still immersing yourself in the Generation 2 environment. The name of this hack comes from Melash' old project Ancient Emerald, a silver hack that was cancelled back in 2009. Please continue reading.

Storyline:

Welcome to the land of Sinnoh, a region far north in the Pokémon world where you can meet all sorts of creatures. These Pocket Monsters, or Pokémon, are our friends, partners, and even our lives. Today is the day that destiny unfolds and you get your first Pokémon from the esteemed Professor Rowan.

Go on an adventure through the land of Sinnoh as you strive to complete the Pokémon Encyclopedia, foil villainous plots, and become the champion of Sinnoh!

Features:
  • Gender Selection
  • Swarms
  • New Pokéballs! (Planned)
  • GTS
  • Battle Frontier
  • All of the Sinnoh Dex is obtainable
  • Honey Trees
  • ...And much, much more!

Screenshots:

Downloads:
None

Bugs (We hate these!):
None so far!

Credits and Thanks:
~G0LD!
Chamber
Lydario
Tauwasser
Soloo993
Chaos Rush
javcdark
BynineB
Blue Emerald
DarioEMeloD
NICKtendoDs
Devicho
Rakia

~CSS by ClaCla and Pia Carrot~

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes RED liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:17 AM   #2
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

By the way, if you two get the hack well going on and feel like adding some neat additional features that require troublesome scripting/asm hacking, I could be willing to help with that.
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksy91 View Post
By the way, if you two get the hack well going on and feel like adding some neat additional features that require troublesome scripting/asm hacking, I could be willing to help with that.
Thanks, appreciate it. We will most likely need help when we get to the meat of it, we're trying to figure out Forme changes and looking into porting Yellow's Follow Me right now.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Forme changes are related to those mega evolutions, right? I haven't read how they work so difficult to say anything about "how doable" implementing those would be.

A complete "follow me" implementation is pretty much impossible to do (well not really but I couldn't help with that either) and Mateo knows this as well, so I take it you're going for something simple instead?
Not sure if either one of you played beta 4 of DE, but I did make one "follow me" implementation there where you're supposed to find a girl who is lost in a cave and lead her out of there. It works with a few scripts and there is no assembly included at all. *couldn't have done much better than that really.
Old 5th May 2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

I remember reading that *some* of the leftover code was still in Gen II from where they planned to include following Pokémon, but not sure how much if any is there or how usable it is. Off the top of my head, I remember that when referring to events in movement 0x00 is the player, 0x01 is unused, and 0x02 is where people events on the map start, and to me that indicates that 0x01 was at least originally reserved for the Pokémon following you, although at this point it is probably just unused.

But yeah, full on yellow-style follow me scripts would/will be a mess and people haven't even fully pulled it off in Gen III yet either. But I remember the girl you put in DE and I remember reading tutorials on doing similar things in RPG Maker where you had events that represent the other party members following you. It involved having a copy of those placeholder events on every map and using map scripts to make them teleport to you when you entered the map, which would be super annoying to try and do here.

But we'll come up with something, even if it is only for a few areas.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Miksy91 liked this post
Old 5th May 2014, 10:31 PM   #6
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
I remember reading that *some* of the leftover code was still in Gen II from where they planned to include following Pokémon, but not sure how much if any is there or how usable it is. Off the top of my head, I remember that when referring to events in movement 0x00 is the player, 0x01 is unused, and 0x02 is where people events on the map start, and to me that indicates that 0x01 was at least originally reserved for the Pokémon following you, although at this point it is probably just unused.

But yeah, full on yellow-style follow me scripts would/will be a mess and people haven't even fully pulled it off in Gen III yet either. But I remember the girl you put in DE and I remember reading tutorials on doing similar things in RPG Maker where you had events that represent the other party members following you. It involved having a copy of those placeholder events on every map and using map scripts to make them teleport to you when you entered the map, which would be super annoying to try and do here.

But we'll come up with something, even if it is only for a few areas.
If there's a disassembly of Yellow, it could be a place to start. They are, essentially, similar engines.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 10:33 PM   #7
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
If there's a disassembly of Yellow, it could be a place to start. They are, essentially, similar engines.
To my knowledge there are only disassemblies of Red and Crystal.

Old 6th May 2014, 03:40 AM   #8
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

I love threads with nice CSS~
How do you plan on getting a functional GTS?
Anyway, nice work and keep it up!

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 03:53 AM   #9
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
I love threads with nice CSS~
How do you plan on getting a functional GTS?
Anyway, nice work and keep it up!
By using my magic, of course

Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 12th May 2014, 04:47 PM   #10
RED
One Man Team

RED

Hello, I you need some help on ASM works and Music editing/hacking, I can help you on that.

Upcoming TuT's
Fully working Pokeflute with music
Editing musics
Scrolling Town map
Editing attacks animation
Dive system
RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post

Tags
ancient, platinum, pokemon, [GB/GBC]