PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2017, 02:17 AM   #11
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
The_Learner
Default

the screen with lugia in it..
when I saw it then I though you were lying about the rombase being emerald...

Really great work with graphics there
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Sky0fBlades liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 5th May 2017, 03:24 AM   #12
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker
Moderator
 
Sky0fBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ice Path
Age: 24
Posts: 125
Sky0fBlades
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Learner View Post
the screen with lugia in it..
when I saw it then I though you were lying about the rombase being emerald...

Really great work with graphics there
Thanks TL! Yeah, even though I wanted the game to still be like the original, I wanted to give things a fresh new look so that it would be a bit less like replaying the same exact thing again.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 07:52 PM   #13
Lightblitz7
n00b
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
Lightblitz7
Default

I defeated Norman and received Surf, but Wattson doesn't appear in Mauville City to hand over the Basement Key. I've spoken to him in his gym and visited New Mauville once, nothing happened.
Lightblitz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 12:51 AM   #14
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker
Moderator
 
Sky0fBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ice Path
Age: 24
Posts: 125
Sky0fBlades
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightblitz7 View Post
I defeated Norman and received Surf, but Wattson doesn't appear in Mauville City to hand over the Basement Key. I've spoken to him in his gym and visited New Mauville once, nothing happened.
Oh yeah, that was intentional. It is now part of an event that happens once you complete the Hoenn Dex. The Thunderbolt TM you normally get from him is now available as an item-ball on Route 123.

Also I removed the Hoenn Dex part of the completion requirement for Lapras. The change has already been in the game since the first patch, I just need to update the Locations Guide. (EDIT: Done!)

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 7th May 2017 at 01:14 AM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Lightblitz7 liked this post
Old 7th May 2017, 04:35 AM   #15
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
The_Learner
Default

DOes your hack happen to have pokemons from further gens ???

and also what about forms then ??

If you havent added the forms to the hack..
you might want to look here.
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokem...ld-Form-Change

and I would also love to see you here:
https://discord.gg/y8ru3A3
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 02:45 PM   #16
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker
Moderator
 
Sky0fBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ice Path
Age: 24
Posts: 125
Sky0fBlades
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Learner View Post
DOes your hack happen to have pokemons from further gens ???

and also what about forms then ??

If you havent added the forms to the hack..
you might want to look here.
https://github.com/KDSKardabox/Pokem...ld-Form-Change

and I would also love to see you here:
https://discord.gg/y8ru3A3
There are no newer-gen Pokémon just yet. Of course, I do still plan on creating an 'expanded PokéDex version' of the game at some point, where there will be a certain selection of them.

For now the only form changes I'm going for is Deoxys' Speed and Normal forms, but if I can properly expand the Dex (keeping save file compatibility) I'd like its other forms too. If not, I'd just like to be able to switch the two mentioned forms in-game somehow. I know there is a method to permanently switch between them (by hard-coding it into the ROM), but it would be really cool to do it without expanding the Dex. I suppose an ASM routine would be able to do this, but I am no expert on ASM right now. If anyone can put together something like this (speed/normal form temporary change in-game) and share it, that would be epic.

I'll check out the links you gave, and I will be visiting the Discord more often soon. Unfortunately I've got college finals this week but after that I will be working on all of this a lot more.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 7th May 2017 at 03:30 PM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 03:17 AM   #17
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
The_Learner
Default

The link to github actually...
what you do there is just make a extra slot for extra type like one for speed, one for normal and one for attack and soon.. all upto you for using them..

then the deoxys can change form anytime like in ORAS upon interacting to some script..

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387442

Here the author did a complete tutorial
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 09:47 PM   #18
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker
Moderator
 
Sky0fBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ice Path
Age: 24
Posts: 125
Sky0fBlades
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Learner View Post
The link to github actually...
what you do there is just make a extra slot for extra type like one for speed, one for normal and one for attack and soon.. all upto you for using them..

then the deoxys can change form anytime like in ORAS upon interacting to some script..

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387442

Here the author did a complete tutorial
I tested that method once, but since it requires expanding the Dex (or replacing existing entries) I wasn't able to test it with my existing save files; and I wasn't up for making more at the time. If it's still the top form-changing method by the time I do do expand the PokéDex, I'll definitely use it.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 8th May 2017 at 09:50 PM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 01:19 PM   #19
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 36
The_Learner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky0fBlades View Post
I tested that method once, but since it requires expanding the Dex (or replacing existing entries) I wasn't able to test it with my existing save files; and I wasn't up for making more at the time. If it's still the top form-changing method by the time I do do expand the PokéDex, I'll definitely use it.
Yeah actually requires dex expansion or replacing the existing entries...
and yeah its the best method out there as firstly its done in C
and also it dynamic
and also its done amazingly

and yeah hope you use it and get no errors
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Sky0fBlades liked this post
Old 18th May 2017, 03:06 AM   #20
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker
Moderator
 
Sky0fBlades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ice Path
Age: 24
Posts: 125
Sky0fBlades
Default

Alright, finally updated the Title Screen! Here's a look at it:



How do you guys like it? I'll update the first post with an animated version but without clouds (similar to the one there now) sometime later on.

Also, new patch released.

EDIT: Fixed up the Title Screen a little bit, new image is shown now.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 18th May 2017 at 06:12 PM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cosmicemerald, emerald, hack, pokemon, project, sky0fblades, version, [GBA]

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo.
Pokémon Hackers Online (PHO) is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo LLC, Creatures, GAMEFREAK inc,
The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.
All forum/site content (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2006-2013 Pokémon Hackers Online (PHO).
Green Charizard Christos TreeckoLv100

"Black 2" by ARTPOP. Kyurem artwork by XOUS.

no new posts