PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 1st November 2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot
Default Forum Changes to Come Soon

Hey guys, this is just an open discussion over changing the forum layout up. Any suggestions are welcomed but I'd like to go over a few things.

As part of a new years cleanup we will be changing up the forums, removing dead sections and adding new ones for your convenience and ours.

For starters I believe we are looking to remove Game Development as the activity in this section just isn't enough to warrant its own forum. However, we may simply move the active or useful threads to a new Subsection in Off-Topic.

We would also like to expand on Team Development, perhaps removing approval restrictions or changing the rules as many threads fail to follow the format we have provided.

If anything else needs to be touched on feel free to voice your opinion, these are just ideas that are floating around right now.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Team Fail, Mateo liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:27 AM   #2
Zoe Ayamoto
Only Love Me...or Die

Zoe Ayamoto

Yay, a post to suggestions *-*

1. Agree, Game development is aforum with a poor activity, suggestion? I'm disagree in delete the forum, the better is make a subforum in another forum like offtopic to the general Game dev threads.

2. In the last days a several threads of team recruitment and ideas, I don't why the threads needs to be aproved, if infrict the rules, some moderator close the thread, don't lie, close a thread is super easy, no more aproval threads to me.

3. A subforum of Graphical works in offtopic, if the activity isn't enough to have an own forum, a subforum in offtopic is better.

4.New Skin, PLEASE!!!, In one year I never see a new skin, Im bored of Kyurem and Akuroma skins (ORAS skin need more improvement)

5. Why not a Year awards? the activity and hacks aren't enough to give awards every months, but I think is enough to a anual awards.

6. Descriptions of images that upload in the user albuma.

7. Avatars more bigger, 120x120 is very small, my suggestion is enlarge the avatars to 200x200 px.

Last edited by Zoe Ayamoto; 2nd November 2014 at 12:30 AM.
Zoe Ayamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 05:31 AM   #3
Team Fail
Balance and Ruin
Ex-StaffStyle AdminstratorPHO VIP

Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail Team Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Kuchiki View Post
4.New Skin, PLEASE!!!, In one year I never see a new skin, Im bored of Kyurem and Akuroma skins (ORAS skin need more improvement)
There's a style selector in the bottom corner, there should be at least a few styles in there you can use.

As for the ORAS one, I'm really slowly working on that one, I'm just running into issues all the time regarding some of the features. I'm having to retool them so that they'll have cross-browser compatibility. I do hope to get back to work on it soon, as my school courseload has lightened a bit, and hopefully I'll get some assistance on getting these features working properly so I can get to the buttons and whatnot and make a formal theme release. I have tons of awesome ideas for buttons and various graphics, but I want to make sure what I've implemented (The floating notification bit and the custom postbit) work 100% on all browsers that PHO supports first, then I'll move on.

Thank you for your time, PHO. I won't soon forget it.

Last edited by Team Fail; 2nd November 2014 at 05:33 AM.
Team Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Banjora Marxvile
They see me rollin'
Ex-Staff

Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Kuchiki View Post
2. In the last days a several threads of team recruitment and ideas, I don't why the threads needs to be aproved, if infrict the rules, some moderator close the thread, don't lie, close a thread is super easy, no more aproval threads to me.
Agreed, it's actually something I overlook as I keep forgetting myself I need to approve things there. Also, I find the screenshot rule kinda silly so I may amend that part myself, as if people need help getting an idea out there but want a team, that isn't for the WIP section, but more the Team Development section imo.

Quote:
5. Why not a Year awards? the activity and hacks aren't enough to give awards every months, but I think is enough to a anual awards.
Makes sense to do this towards the end of the year, but I get your point. Hopefully this will happen.

Quote:
7. Avatars more bigger, 120x120 is very small, my suggestion is enlarge the avatars to 200x200 px.
I find 120x120 adequate for most things as it is a standard on forums iirc. I don't get why you'd want much higher as it isn't the main point of a forum personally.

Hey, my name is Banjora Marxvile.
I am the Moderator of the ROM Hacks section on this site.
If you have any questions or anything you want tto ask, please don't hesitate.
Banjora Marxvile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 08:36 PM   #5
Gamer2020
What does this button do?.....
PHO VIP

Gamer2020

Pokemon TCG section? :/
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Banjora Marxvile
They see me rollin'
Ex-Staff

Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Pokemon TCG section? :/
Unfortunately, not enough TCG activity seems to be apparent on this forum to warrant a section, but if popularity grows, I'm sure we'd add one.

Hey, my name is Banjora Marxvile.
I am the Moderator of the ROM Hacks section on this site.
If you have any questions or anything you want tto ask, please don't hesitate.
Banjora Marxvile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:59 PM   #7
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I'm not sure why there WOULD be a TCG section on a hacking forum, that's what the Off Topic section is for. But then that's just my opinion..

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:21 PM   #8
Aperso
Puddleduck
PHO VIP

Aperso

I was just thinking about this: if the site is called Pokemon hackers online. Why is there no Pokemon section. (It'd also be a good place for TCG). just this once everyone is happy

I'll come up with something to put here later.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:32 PM   #9
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

It's called PHO because it focuses on Pokemon ROM Hacking, it's not meant to be a hub for pokemon discussion, like the 20 other forums out there. There have been some general pokemon topics on off-topic, where they belong.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Team Fail liked this post
Old 3rd November 2014, 09:40 AM   #10
Raiimeister
Kill

Raiimeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
It's called PHO because it focuses on Pokemon ROM Hacking
That Makes Some Pretty Nice Sense. The Others Have Tons Of Sections Couz They're Not Focusing On A Thing (Specifically On Hacking). But In This Site, You'll Easily Know The Main Theme Of It By The Webs Name. But There Are Some Out Of Place Dudes That Don't Know About The Sites Focusing For. Yeah, I'm Referring Yours Truly By One Of Those Dudes xD

But Anyway, I Have A Suggestion. Don't Know If Its A Cool One. If The Site Do An Annual Hacking Award, How About Making A Winner Be More Special. Not Just Giving A Hack The Usual Trophy/"Best In" Or Something Images. Like Umm... Ahh... I Don't Know, But I Hope You Get My Point.

Tags
forum