PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > Site Talk & Suggestions

Site Talk & Suggestions If you need to talk to us about the site or perhaps get help with a problem or make a suggestion, you can do it here. This section is NOT for Rom Hacking questions or anything related to Rom Hacking!
Important Links:
> Forum Rules, Forum Staff

Old 6th October 2016, 05:26 AM   #11
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Well, we've tried countless times to revive this site. It gets a little action and becomes a limp noodle again. It's a pretty sad cycle. At one point this was a site controlled by extremely elitist opinions, when we changed the name to RHO, we wanted to actually encourage players to learn to hack and understand how some of it actually works. With that, we also invited other kinds of hackers, it was meant to be general hacking. Of course we only got like 1 or 2 of those kinds of hacks, and we slowly became PHO again to focus on Pokemon hacking.

We've had a lot of issues with staff drama in the past and the mods all like anime which actually is driving some users away, it really kills the site. The people I want to mod just don't have the time or energy for it anymore.

I loved PHO, and I still do. I hate to see the way it is today. For now, just keep posting your tutorials, your hacks, your lets plays. Maybe one day we'll figure something out and become a learning resource again. Unfortunately, Pokecommunity, WaH, irc chats and Skeetendo are just established and superior to what we offer. I'm sorry it ended up like this as a forum. We were a community and a family, and even I have run out of energy and passion to keep it going.

~Carrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
The site is fairly dead but I don't know that those are the reasons why, I'm fairly sure it's mostly that we don't have much to offer that other sites don't do better. We actually do allow offtopic posts here, we have a section specifically for them (games are also allowed in there). We don't have a fangames/game development section anymore because it got very little to no activity so it was dropped. That said, it's only dead in activity. A lot of the staff members only check in every now and then due to the low activity but we've not given up on it yet, we do have future plans that I'm sure everyone will find exciting. Most of our activity is actually on our sister site, romhack.me, which is a social network for everyone from hack players to hackers and even those who do neither (I myself neither hack nor play hacks anymore). Feel free to check it out if you are interested in discussion in a less forum centric format
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperso View Post
There are sections dedicated to Homebrew and coding and there were sections for general Pokemon Discussions and Gaming, but activity was never actually strong enough for it to have it own section, so the sections slowly faded into general off-topic sections.

We've all said that was the vibe we unintentionally produced, and sadly we haven't been able to shake that vibe since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajblitz View Post
Same with me.
(Points towards sky)
We have to reach there.

Guys do you know what, to get everyone attracted towards us we have to do what they like.....
All the pokemon fans worldwide are currently interested in the topic "pokemon sun and moon"
So i think we should work on it!
We should try to get as much information as we can about it like the game itself, its features, new pokemons and all the things related to it!
We should try to collect and share data much more that no other sight have done, and also we will need someone to get the news about those happenings in this forum as soon as they are revealed....
I hope in this way we can gain some viewers soon....
Also on personal basis we can share about this website in our social accounts...(for me i can share it on my facebook pokemon group)
I hope by implementing these things we can take a step ahead.
Respond to my idea pls
EDIT: and i do feel that this forum needs some more admistrative members...you should get some active people for this job.
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 6th October 2016, 02:57 PM   #12
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Only issue with that, is other news sites are already covering everything, even youtubers that have 500k+ subs, so it would just be redundant. The most we could try to do is offer sprites and implementations for Sun/Moon features after the games are out, and that requires someone with knowledge of assembly and C.

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 04:16 PM   #13
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Carrot View Post
Only issue with that, is other news sites are already covering everything, even youtubers that have 500k+ subs, so it would just be redundant. The most we could try to do is offer sprites and implementations for Sun/Moon features after the games are out, and that requires someone with knowledge of assembly and C.
Yeah that is true but we can still make a try..... trying out wont harm at all, will it????
. I will support to my best.

Edit: we can do one more thing that is get the news of sun and moon as soon as it starts over here and let people discuss about it

Last edited by The_Learner; 6th October 2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 6th October 2016, 04:34 PM   #14
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

If you accept my request, i would like you guys to make a main session like "central pho" and "rom hacking" naming it to something like "original game or animie series"
And then create a forum called "sun and moon" in it!!!
Make it such that all people can post over there!!!!
If you accept my request, i will make some posts in that thread tomorrow and even try to get some of my fb followers and friends over here to talk about it, as it is burning issue..
Old 6th October 2016, 07:54 PM   #15
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

I've made a thread for Sun & Moon discussion to gauge if it's worth making a forum section dedicated to this sort of discussion. It can be found here. If this is something you guys are interested in make sure you're using that thread and feel free to get as many people in on the discussion as you can. I'm not sure how many new sections and how much shuffling around we're gonna be doing at the moment because we've got future plans for the site which may mean a complete rework of the site, but if we can get a good userbase here then it gives a lot more motivation to actually work on getting stuff in motion!

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes The_Learner liked this post
Old 7th October 2016, 12:13 AM   #16
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
I've made a thread for Sun & Moon discussion to gauge if it's worth making a forum section dedicated to this sort of discussion. It can be found here. If this is something you guys are interested in make sure you're using that thread and feel free to get as many people in on the discussion as you can. I'm not sure how many new sections and how much shuffling around we're gonna be doing at the moment because we've got future plans for the site which may mean a complete rework of the site, but if we can get a good userbase here then it gives a lot more motivation to actually work on getting stuff in motion!
Its good but not what I actually meant..... you see the way you created the thread.....a person must go deep inside this website and search for some time to get there..... as you said you have future plan with this website, its ok if my idea conflicts with yours.... but in my opinion the thread should not been inside a subforum instead it should have meed made as some sort of forum which any people would just see roght away they open the website, in this way they would know if there is something like this....

Hope you got my points
Old 7th October 2016, 12:56 AM   #17
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

Yeah, I know you intended for a subforum specifically for Sun & Moon discussion. That's on the cards but first we have to gauge interest. There's no point in making a new subforum if it's not gonna get used. If we get a decent amount of discussion in that thread, then we can look at making new subforums. Hopefully that makes sense

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 01:35 AM   #18
The_Learner
Trying to be the best!

The_Learner

Quote:
Yeah, I know you intended for a subforum specifically for Sun & Moon discussion. That's on the cards but first we have to gauge interest. There's no point in making a new subforum if it's not gonna get used. If we get a decent amount of discussion in that thread, then we can look at making new subforums. Hopefully that makes sense
Ok i got the point but seems like our ideas are still conflicting....
Then
"You are in a hotel to have some food, bit when you enter there neither any food, nor the counter nor any waiter irvworker what would you do"
Currently our websites condition is similar
Because visit here.... people interested for sun and moon search for it and dont find it....(because its deep inside the website) and they leave finding nothing about it...
Still i am ok with your decision.
Old 8th October 2016, 04:54 AM   #19
Sky0fBlades
Emerald Hacker

Sky0fBlades

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Learner View Post
Ok i got the point but seems like our ideas are still conflicting....
Then
"You are in a hotel to have some food, bit when you enter there neither any food, nor the counter nor any waiter irvworker what would you do"
Currently our websites condition is similar
Because visit here.... people interested for sun and moon search for it and dont find it....(because its deep inside the website) and they leave finding nothing about it...
Still i am ok with your decision.
At this point in time, it's worth a try but you both make a good point. Not sure about you guys but as far as I've seen, there really aren't too many other places to go to get this kind of information and resource for exactly what we do here.

Even though this place has gotten stagnant, it still does remain a valuable resource for anyone who may be interested in creating hacks in the future. If nothing else, hopefully that future reworking of this site does the trick. It's nice to see that this place still has a pulse though; as long as at least a few people still care, it's got a chance to improve. I still have a personal hack to finish as well, if I can just find the time and motivation these days to make it worthwhile to share this will be the place I'll look to put it.

Last edited by Sky0fBlades; 8th October 2016 at 05:39 AM.
Sky0fBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes The_Learner liked this post
Old 12th February 2017, 08:35 PM   #20
ShinyQuilava97(Gold)
Tojho Champion

Location: I live where I live because I wanna live but I don't wanna live so yeah I hope that's clear.
ShinyQuilava97(Gold)

Hey there people!
ShinyQuilava97(Gold) is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, website