PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 12th November 2014, 04:27 AM   #171
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

To keep with the updates, let's see. Haven't done a super lot so far today (I kinda slept the first half of the day because I was off work today, and then I got distracted planning for another future hack but not getting started on it.) Anyway, here is what I've been working on right now (and the other day, since I forgot to post here):

- Removed the very out-of-place battle with "Romhacker Mateo" in Burned Tower (because it was clearly just an edited version of the Rival battle from Gold).
- Added 2 new trainers in Burned Tower (a Channeler and another Burglar. Bringing the total to 1 Cueball, 2 Burglars, and a Channeler inside).
- Roaming legendaries are enabled when you first visit the tower.
- Fixed a few tile errors in the Pagodas and Shrine blocks (incorrect roof tile in a couple of blocks, not super noticeable but once I noticed it I had to fix it).
- Fixed a bug where Channelers still used the old woman sprite in Ecruteak Gym.
- Started working on changes to the "Help the man find his daughter" event at Burned Tower. In the 2012 version it was odd because once you rescue her she is nowhere to be found and stuff like that. Will make more sense and feel more natural once I get it all sorted.
- Removed Ice Shard as an item.
- Replaced Ice Shard with Dawn Stone.
- Fixed it so Snorunt evolves into Froslass with Dawn Stone instead of Sun Stone.
- Started working on the replacement, more accurate way for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon.
- Moved the Seagallop Ferry from Cianwood to Olivine (it made no sense to add a new boat house when the one in Olivine wasn't used anymore).
- Fixed NPC text in Olivine that claimed the Ferry was in Cianwood.
- Fixed NPC text that still accidentally hadn't been changed from Gold.

I accidentally got ahead of myself today and skipped a couple of things in Ecruteak when I moved on to Olivine. So I'm gonna go back and fix those now, then get back to work on Olivine. Don't want to accidentally forget things lol.

Anyway, here is the video showing off how you get Leafeon. I know it isn't *exactly* the same as Gen 4, because it isn't leveling up in a specific location. But it's a lot closer than just using a Leaf Stone on him was in 2012.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Raiimeister liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd December 2014, 04:52 PM   #172
Ashe
Inactive(?) Rom Hacker

Ashe

Might get a warning for gravedigging, but I'm also one the beta testers here to say that Beta Testing has begun!

Currently known bugs:
- Random Flickering ~ This comes as a result of extended tilesets. As of yet, no known fix. Mateo has confirmed that she will continue looking into this and will let us know if a fix can be found.
- Various Capitalization Issues ~ Customized test not being capitalized, things like that. All found issues already fixed.
- Dragon's Den Trainers Not Loading - Flag error, already fixed.

There were a few other small bugs, but nothing else really worth mentioning, a couple of typos and such.

Huge thanks to Mateo and 4thGenGamer! <- Streamed Christmas on his Twitch Channel ♥

Now, care to update the thread since you have some time off this week? :3

Oh and by the way, I'm invisible on Skype, so send me a message even if it says I'm offline lol.
Old 25th December 2014, 11:01 PM   #173
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Now that the site is back, I can release it here too, so... Come and get it! Download link for the IPS patch is in the first post.

Likes Ashe liked this post
Old 12th January 2015, 02:02 PM   #174
sonic65101
Johto Champion

sonic65101
Smile 2014 Version's Finally Out

Finally! The 2014 Version is finally out! So we have Christmas and Halloween Pokemon hacks. What's next? Valentine's Day?
sonic65101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 08:58 PM   #175
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic65101 View Post
Finally! The 2014 Version is finally out! So we have Christmas and Halloween Pokemon hacks. What's next? Valentine's Day?
No more holiday hacks lol. The halloween hack sucked (since it barely changed anything and I made it in an hour two lol) so I don't even count that as existing haha. As for what's next, I've got Red++, Pokémon Forever, and Pokémon Spirits and Legends (NOT a halloween hack btw) on my list of hacks to make. Oh, and finishing up Kanto's stuff for this one. Lol.

Old 12th January 2015, 10:31 PM   #176
Ashe
Inactive(?) Rom Hacker

Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
No more holiday hacks lol. The halloween hack sucked (since it barely changed anything and I made it in an hour two lol) so I don't even count that as existing haha. As for what's next, I've got Red++, Pokémon Forever, and Pokémon Spirits and Legends (NOT a halloween hack btw) on my list of hacks to make. Oh, and finishing up Kanto's stuff for this one. Lol.
Prixy votes for a new Halloween Hack for 2015.

Oh, and PSL needs to move to the top of the list, because reasons.

Just my 2 cents o,o'

Also, rawr~ Because reasons.
Old 13th January 2015, 11:06 PM   #177
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prixy View Post
Prixy votes for a new Halloween Hack for 2015.

Oh, and PSL needs to move to the top of the list, because reasons.

Just my 2 cents o,o'

Also, rawr~ Because reasons.
What sort of Halloween Hack are you wanting?

Also Rawr because reasons ♥

Old 14th January 2015, 12:18 AM   #178
Ashe
Inactive(?) Rom Hacker

Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
What sort of Halloween Hack are you wanting?

Also Rawr because reasons ♥
The Book of Unwritten Rules - ROM Hacking Edition

Rule 1 - If Mateo develops it, it will be good.
Rule 2 - If someone else does it, you can do it too.
Rule 3 - The newer the generation, the more it sucks. (Okay, that's not 100% true)

All jokes aside, if you make it I can't complain~ But I would certainly like to see something with a trick or treat event and an original plot, as opposed to the typical "Get your stater, collect 8 badges, beat the Elite 4, view credits" experience.

Because it's a Halloween hack, it will obviously have a focus on Dark/Psychic types but it would be nice to have some focus on Poison once in a while, and poison should fit well enough into a Halloween hack as well.

Maybe add a feature that lets the player choose their outfit. (obviously, this is quite difficult, and not that important, as long as the player sprite is decent for the trainer card and OW. But it would be a wonderful addition!) Maybe a murder mystery event in which the deceased isn't actually dead, but staged the whole thing for entertainment?

Just some random ideas, lemme know what you think~
Old 28th January 2015, 05:27 PM   #179
Pikachu298
Freshman

Pikachu298

Good job!
Pikachu298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Mateo liked this post

Tags
2014, christmas, johto, legacy, pokemon, released, version, [GB/GBC]