PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion > ROM Hacking Discussion

ROM Hacking Discussion General ROM Hacking discussion.

User Tag List

Old 20th July 2015, 11:32 AM   #11
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauerklos View Post
What music files does Colosseum use? I might be able to make new music for your hack if the game uses streamed audio files since I have the sound resources Colosseum uses.

Edit: Or if anything I can actually remaster the tracks from Colosseum to fit an HQ/Gen. 6 style.
TBH I know nothing about music formats. All the sound files are very easy to identify but I have no idea how to play or edit them.

The colosseum files don't have anything that I could identify them by but the XD music files produce 2 files; one with an .ish file extension and one with an .isd extension. The .ish one starts with the magic bytes "I_SF".

The two games seem to use completely different formats though.

That's all I know about them but I know that people have extracted music from the games before so there is probably some information somewhere out there that will be useful to you. I'll try poking around google a bit.

[EDIT] Apparently colosseum uses sequenced music. XD may use streamed music though. The files can very easily be played using in_cube which if I'm not mistaken plays streamed music. You can even convert the files to .wav with ease but I haven't seen anything about editing the ish files or creating ish files from other formats.

Last edited by StarsMmd; 20th July 2015 at 01:41 PM.
StarsMmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd July 2015, 03:18 AM   #12
Bauerklos
Music Hacking Master

Bauerklos

Hmmm... for Colosseum I'll have to check around for the file types used for the OST. If XD uses streamed music I don't think it would be too difficult for me to find a way to convert streamed say .MP3s to the filetype it uses.
Bauerklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:30 AM   #13
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Hmmm... for Colosseum I'll have to check around for the file types used for the OST. If XD uses streamed music I don't think it would be too difficult for me to find a way to convert streamed say .MP3s to the filetype it uses.
That would be really amazing if you could! Let me know if there's anything I could help with.
Old 9th August 2015, 06:50 PM   #14
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

For anyone interested, I released some randomisations of Pokemon Colosseum and an incomplete hack I call "Pokemon Mausoleum". The details are over on the project pokemon forums but here are links to the files and brief instructions are included in the .zip files.

Colosseum Randomised
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tc...er+Patches.zip

Pokemon Mausoleum
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3r...leum+Patch.zip
Likes Pia Carrot liked this post
Old 30th August 2015, 11:42 PM   #15
Bauerklos
Music Hacking Master

Bauerklos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsMmd View Post
For anyone interested, I released some randomisations of Pokemon Colosseum and an incomplete hack I call "Pokemon Mausoleum". The details are over on the project pokemon forums but here are links to the files and brief instructions are included in the .zip files.

Colosseum Randomised
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tc...er+Patches.zip

Pokemon Mausoleum
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3r...leum+Patch.zip
Looks cool! I'm gonna see if I can find someone that might be able to find a way to convert the Colosseum music to MIDI and back since it's streamed and hopefully I can contribute!
Bauerklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:08 AM   #16
StarsMmd
Neophyte

StarsMmd

Quote:
Looks cool! I'm gonna see if I can find someone that might be able to find a way to convert the Colosseum music to MIDI and back since it's streamed and hopefully I can contribute!
From my experience, it's easy to find people who have ripped stuff from the game but nobody who has actually put stuff back in...

Good luck though

Tags
hacking, ideas, pokemon