PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Central PHO > News & Updates

News & Updates This is the place to get the latest news and updates about PHO.

Old 13th April 2015, 06:54 AM   #11
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!
Cool

I have only been a member a few days now, trying to get back into the hacking business, and i can say it has been very tough tracking down all the necessary tools, scowering the web for different tutorials and resources on endless sites, and still sometimes not being able to find what im looking for.

Then i found PHO.

And ive been able to find more help in what im trying to learn about here than i could on PC. I couldnt even get a single reply there on a question. APERSO and CRUNCH are two that have answered my questions so far and were actually a big help, and that is greatly appreciated.

So, giving yall an outlook from a brand new comer to PHO and hacking in general, there IS a need for a single site where all resources for doing what we ALL love to do are available, from tool libraries, to tutorial videos and text documents along with a community base, where we can come and talk and ask questions and help noobs (such as myself) to learn and grow and further what we do. But i see a lot of that already in PHO. I cant comment on the low traffic or whatever you were referring to above about it being dead, but i think there is much life left in it from what ive seen.

As long as you have ppl here who care, which obviously you do, i wouldnt give up on it just yet, but thats just me.

All in all, my opinion may not be valued since im very new, but i just wanted to say i appreciate those who take the time to help me, and i love PHO and all the hard work thats been put into it. Ive been on everyday since finding it, and i have no intentions on going anywhere else. I hope yall can make it into what your wanting, but i think its pretty dmn great already.

You should be proud.

Thanks.

-PokeballGO!
Sponsored Links
Old 13th April 2015, 08:50 AM   #12
Alice
ClariS <3
Style AdminstratorPHO VIPSuper Moderator

Alice Alice

^Stuff like this is why I don't give up on the romhacking community. I still remember back 5 or so years ago when I joined the community and felt the same way, it's great that we are still inspiring those thoughts today. Whatever happens with our future plans, we've made the decision set in stone from opening the forum that if activity disappeared we'd consolidate the forums to remove the off topic stuff and leave the site as a reference for future hackers. This is something that we still have in mind, so whatever happens, this forum won't be lost (we'll just hopefully have some bigger and better stuff alongside it).

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes PokeballGO! liked this post
Old 13th April 2015, 02:20 PM   #13
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

I love you, PokeballGo.

What you wrote perfectly captures what I've thought all along with PHO. I remember back when I joined that this forum had a more community driven premise. People cared about your hacks and they cared about your questions and comments. I, too, took a spin with PC first and found that it was easy to have your content lost between all of the other members. PHO was a place where I felt that anyone, whether they had 1 post or 1,000 posts, could be heard. It also makes me so happy that the feelings I had when I joined here 4 years ago are still inspiring people to be here. Thank you for reminding me of why I stay here ^.^

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes PokeballGO!, Alice liked this post
Old 14th April 2015, 04:00 AM   #14
Jisuke
私の陰茎は非常に大きい
Ex-StaffPHO VIP

Jisuke Jisuke

god damn ;-; first with the negativity and then with the one post summing up why I keep coming back to this place. And Crunch, while I respect your opinion, I very much find it horseshit. This place is family, a friendly environment where we also kinda do hacking sometimes. PC is very, very different. While this place may not be as popular or active as PC, I personally don't give a damn. I just know that this place is nice. So nice I keep coming back to it. I might be getting conceited, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say that. I mean sure it'd be nice if this place was as popular, but would PHO still be PHO if it was as busy and poorly run as PC?
Jisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Aperso, Elsa, PokeballGO! liked this post
Old 14th April 2015, 04:17 AM   #15
Alpha&Omega
Hacker

Alpha&Omega

I think that PHO is doing just fine and maybe its not as popular but its a good place for people that want to hack their own game and do as they choose with it as long as its good.On the other hand I don't see this place as a clone of Pokecommunity,I see it as another place for Pokemon hackers.Also personally I joined because I heard about this place from Pokecommunity and ever since I've seen that people here help you when you are having trouble with something.
Alpha&Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes PokeballGO! liked this post
Old 14th April 2015, 07:27 AM   #16
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!
Thumbs up

I, personally am glad its not as crazy as PC. You get drowned out and over looked so easily there. Without going out and investing the time to make a name for yourself there, you get nowhere, and thats time i wanna use to develop my skills. I went back today just to see if anyone had ever replied to my post looking for tools and i had only one response.

And he was kinda rude at that.

Sure he answered, but not in the way ppl here have. Ive not gotten only answers to questions, dumb ones at that, but advice and in a friendly manner.

Honestly, fighting among yourselves will get you nowhere, just like when a Dotrio gets pissed lol

I think it will work itself out, and i dont know L&Z personally but judging from the quality of LC, i think this place is in good hands. That hack is now the standard in my eyes, i just discovered it and was amazed.

All you guys, staff or not, are what makes this site the Voltorb (nod if you get the pokepun lol) and it wouldnt be what it is without you, and ppl like me would be lost in the white wash of sites like PC, and more than likely would had GIVEN UP had it not been for PHO.

This survey, i think, is meant to bring ppl together to move towards a better position, not divide and bicker. It should be about sharing ideas and taking all that into consideration to evolve.

Anyway, i just wanted to say that, mainly cause i have insamnia and have been working on my hack for almost 2 solid days now and needed a breather. Dont judge me lol

Happy Hacking!
Old 14th April 2015, 08:46 AM   #17
Rezeed
Data Spirit

Rezeed

I think I'll just mention one bit I put on the survey.

It's good to have diversity in what you do here, but I always though we should have some stuff to help inspire ideas for hacks as well as a few things to help benefit the first timer. I really liked the help I've gotten, but I think it would be nice to have a guide or two designed for beginners to kick start their own/first project(s). Maybe even going over the general process of a fake hack.

Just purely as an example: I know there are some good guides for the more "elaborate" stuff, but I hardly ever hear ones for sprite(front and back) insertion or even stuff to manipulate the ingame dialog. Unfortunately for the former, I haven't really seen anything helpful or at least worked(let alone explained) properly.
Rezeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 09:49 AM   #18
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

It's definitely useful to know that there is a calling for that type of tutorial. Guides and tutorials is one area that we are still planning for in the future, so I'll be sure to bring this up in future discussions and see if we can get something like that going. I personally actually don't hack any more, but I'm behind making a getting started guide to help out those who are just starting. I remember when I started I had no idea what I was doing, and there was no guide then either (plus I didn't become properly active here until 2 or 3 years ago, which was after I stopped hacking). Long story short, if nobody else wants to do this I'll make sure its done for our future plans.

"I dreamt that you were a dog. And the dog was my husband. Anyway, it was the worst dream ever." — Aisaka Taiga
Old 14th April 2015, 09:58 AM   #19
Ray
A human being...?

Ray
Smile

Remember what PHO stands for? It stands for Pokemon Hackers Online. And let me put emphasis on the "Pokemon Hackers" part, because that is the focal point of PHO. Everyone that's been here on the forum is a Pokemon ROM hacker, and the people who built this forum way back when is a Pokemon ROM hacker. Let's just say they tried to change the name and the stuff here in PHO, wouldn't it look like we're making a Ditto instead of a Mew: a failed clone of PokeCommunity? And trust me when I say this: I'm just sayin', so no hatin'...

When I fell apart
Yeah, something changed in my heart
As you can tell from these scars
I'm not the man that you knew before
-NateWantsToBattle, Monster Inside
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa liked this post
Old 14th April 2015, 01:24 PM   #20
Alice
ClariS <3

Alice Alice

Rest assured that we have no plans to just change the name, and we won't be losing focus of how we got here or why people actually do come here. Anything we do in the future will not be a replacement for the forums or PHO, and if the name does change it'll be because we have something new and want everything under the same name. We definitely aren't making any rash decisions, and we probably won't even have anything to announce for at least a few months, if not longer.

That said, we are definitely open to ideas from people if anyone has things like guides they'd want, resources etc. We aren't half-assing this, so if there's anything that you'd want available in the romhacking community then this initial planning stage would be a good time to get your voice heard. At the end of the day, this forum is very community driven, and we wanna make the best experience for all of you.

Likes Elsa, Team Fail liked this post

Tags
pho, satisfaction, survey, today