PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Beginners' Lounge > Hack Ideas

Notices

Hack Ideas Have a new idea for a hack and want to share? Feel free to in here!

User Tag List

Old 2nd April 2014, 08:50 PM   #1
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy
Default Pokemon - Police Force

sooo, when I get an idea for a pokemon hack, I make a .txt file and just type all the ideas in it... this is very unorganized but its the best way to not forget anything...

here is what I have written about the ideas for this game:
Quote:
You start as a new cadet on the police force in Kanto. Maybe in Cerulean City. You investigate the nugget bridge, and the robbery, then at some point you get a promotion and sent to a new team in another town, possibly Saffron City. In saffron you investigate the Silph Co incident and get promoted again, and sent to Vermilion City to investigate team rockets involvement on the S.S.Anne.

Every time you get promoted you are sent to a new area. the badges will be changed to police rank.

there will be several sidequests per area. and you must complete more than half of them to get promoted. (if there are 5 you must complete 3/5 to get promoted)

At some point you get a motorbike, instead of a bicycle (comes with a promotion)

Before You leave Cerulean City, you are in the Police Academy, you complete the academy and get promoted from cadet to ___ and are let out in Cerulean City. After completeing the quests in cerulean City, you get promoted and are allowed to use cut.

all badges need to be resprited, main characters can be boy or girl. the rival name will be replaced by your rank \v\h06 = Cadet so officers can talk to you and call you by rank.

gym leaders are still beatable, some may even have sidequest missions for you. the E4 exists and you can fight the champ, but it has no affect on the main story. because you have another job, you cannot become champ.

there is no pokedex. no need to catch em all, some pokemon may be given in sidequests but not obtainable in the game.

1 Cadet - Academy
Get a growlith, train a bit, make it hard to break lv15.
2 Private - Cerulean
investigate the nugget bridge and the break in.
3 Corpral - Vermilion
investigate the s.s.anne and look for rocket members.
4 Sargant - Saffron
Investigate team rocket in the silph co.
5 Leutinent - Celadon
investigate the game corner.
6 Captain - Fuchsia
find poachers in the safari zone.
7 Major - Cinnabar
Catch burgalers in the Pokemon Mansion.
8 General - Viridian
A contest among the Police to figure out who gets promoted. Giovanni has left, Blue becomes the 8th gym leader.

I am wanting to restrict the use of regularly captured pokemon, delete all pokeballs in the game and only allow Police pokemon that are captured in the police training area. (upon entering you get "police balls" which are grat balls, upon leaving, you lose them)
All pokemarts say, "Hello officer, how may I help you" and they dont sell pokeballs.
Also, no firestones are obtainable until a certain rank. after that rank, you are given a firestone and you can purchase them in celadon.
For each rank, you gain access to a new area in the police training area.
sidequests unlock pokemon in the training area
Player must return to the HQ facility to get their new rank and new assignment.

there should be training events in the training facility for your pokemon. you are split up in seperate rooms, you do something, your growlith does something... Deoxys sprite can be replaced with growlith.
I have a few sidequests in mind... but I would love any and all ideas for sidequests. I am wanting to keep the pokemon limited to gen 1... but I am not 100% sold on that idea.

I want this game to revolve around the sidequests and be very open, as far as the player has the choice to go do any sidequest they want until it is time to progress the story.

The layout would go as such:
After completing the academy, you are assigned an area to work. the area may have 7 sidequests in it, after completing 4 of them, you get a call on your cell phone to investigate the main story quest. after completing that, you return to the police hq to get promoted and get sent to a new area of the region. you CAN complete all 7 sidequests before tackling the main story quest if you wish.

some sidequests release pokemon into the training area, others give nothing, or special items, or whatever. the police training area will be dynamic, you can catch different pokemon depending on the quests you make, and your rank depicts which areas of the training area you are allowed access too.

I do not wish for players to fight gym leaders, but some gym leaders can have sidequests so talking to them wont hurt.
locksmitharmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:09 PM   #2
Elsa
Let it go!
PHO VIP

Elsa

I like the idea of Police rank instead of badges. Are you just going to remove the Pokedex or will you just never receive one. Interesting idea, and I'll be checking up on this often.

- - - - - - - Elsa - - - - - - -
Twitter | YouTube | Steam | Twitch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:54 PM   #3
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

I just wasnt gonna give em one...
Old 3rd April 2014, 03:43 PM   #4
RocketLeader
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

RocketLeader

Looks like a good one. I like your ideas of radically changing the actual game. The only thing that I don't like is that restriction of Pokemon, only Gen1, personally for me not enough(I disliked this also in Rocket Science, but still a good game)...
Old 3rd April 2014, 03:52 PM   #5
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketLeader View Post
Looks like a good one. I like your ideas of radically changing the actual game. The only thing that I don't like is that restriction of Pokemon, only Gen1, personally for me not enough(I disliked this also in Rocket Science, but still a good game)...
My issue with putting more than gen 1 in my games is... its kanto... we played the 1st gen games knowing that there were 150 pokemon... 3 years lates (game time) in gold version, there was 250 and all of the sudden kanto had new critters in it...

Its illogical in my openion. I was considering allowing the officer to take the train to johto, giving them access to johto pokemon. But im still on the fence about it because to map johto ill need to add tilesets, not just replace them.

Not to mention editing music...

Even in ultra violet, my 386 hack, i only had gen 1 in kanto, gen 2 in sevii, and gen 3 in a new area i had to make to accomodate them.
Old 4th April 2014, 04:34 PM   #6
RocketLeader
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

RocketLeader

Good point. Although maybe you just don't think like Nintendo does(their logic lol) :D
Well, it's up to you but I like to use different teams every time I can.
Old 21st July 2014, 09:29 AM   #7
pokeking
Neophyte

pokeking

This does sound like a good storyline but if pokemarts don't sell pokeballs how do the other trainers obtain pokemon for team rocket to steal. I think after you reach a certain rank then pokeballs aare buyable.
pokeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 11:49 AM   #8
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

Pokemarts just dont sell them to police officers... They can still sell them to regular joes... perhaps there will be an event where you have to get some pokeballs for a new trainer... that would be fun.
Old 21st July 2014, 09:16 PM   #9
pokeking
Neophyte

pokeking

If you can't get pokeballs what about the legendary pokemon like moltres or zapdos
pokeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 09:19 PM   #10
locksmitharmy
Junior Trainer

locksmitharmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeking View Post
If you can't get pokeballs what about the legendary pokemon like moltres or zapdos
I have no idea...

Tags
force, pokemon, police, [GBA]