PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Generation I/II Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Have a hack with some good progress? Post it here. Threads require approval.

User Tag List

Old 2nd August 2013, 08:07 PM   #21
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

I've solved the issue. This is a hack of Pokemon Crystal Version 1.1. Allegedly Japanese o_O The source didn't specify.

EDIT: The source was english yet it seems to patch despite VBA giving an error message. So not completely solved. I'll keep looking...

The dump's name is Pokémon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!].gbc

EDIT 2:

I did some research and heard it was a hack of the unlicensed chinese translation, So, found this dump:
Pocket Monsters Crystal Glass (Chinese) (Unl) [C][a1].zip

And the patch is considerably smaller, working. I assume I found it.

Here ya' go:
Attached Files
File Type: ips Pokemon_VietCristal2.ips (471.7 KB, 62 views)

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 1st March 2014, 09:37 PM   #22
The Better Dumbo
n00b

The Better Dumbo

okay, lets assume this game was correctly translated, it would be just horrible, as it wouldnt be any fun at all, and would just be another unlicensed pokemon game
The Better Dumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 10:20 PM   #23
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

The game is indeed just like normal crystal version in bad english and there is nothing more to it. I personally never found playing the hack that fun or exciting, but the beginning of this run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_bhwCgtXg) is funny.

And this game probably offers the most epic rival dialogue ever seen in a pokemon game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdYedd0dD7s). But apart from those few scenes, there's not much to be seen there.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:03 PM   #24
Mateo
Johto Region Champion
AdministratorPHO VIP

Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo Mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO, COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ALL ARE UNPARDONABLE. YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE. 
If there's one thing Silver doesn't like, it's trashy people.

"I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes lsmash, Miksy91 liked this post
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:52 PM   #25
Miksy91
Gotta fill something here.

Miksy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
If there's one thing Silver doesn't like, it's trashy people.
Expect for the fact that we're talking about "Chedr" here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2MkmoisXs
Old 20th March 2014, 02:06 AM   #26
MrGenericMan
n00b

MrGenericMan
Cool

I searched pretty much the entire internet for this, coming across broken link after broken link, before finally deciding to bite the bullet and register for a site of which I am here for one reason only.

This may very well be my only post on this forum unless my interest in Pokemon romhacking somehow gets rekindled, but anyway, thanks for coming through in the clutch while the rest of the internet sucked.

I'll be taking my leave now. I'm off to Elf Monster's world.

Seriously, I cannot reiterate how much you don't suck.
MrGenericMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Elsa, Mateo, Pia Carrot liked this post
Old 20th March 2014, 02:25 AM   #27
Pia Carrot
Orange Developer
Administrator

Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenericMan View Post
I searched pretty much the entire internet for this, coming across broken link after broken link, before finally deciding to bite the bullet and register for a site of which I am here for one reason only.

This may very well be my only post on this forum unless my interest in Pokemon romhacking somehow gets rekindled, but anyway, thanks for coming through in the clutch while the rest of the internet sucked.

I'll be taking my leave now. I'm off to Elf Monster's world.

Seriously, I cannot reiterate how much you don't suck.
I'm relieved to know that I don't suck. Enjoy the hack xD

I'm a boob
Pia Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes Azreal liked this post
Old 18th April 2014, 04:59 AM   #28
ElitePokes
Neophyte

ElitePokes

best game ever
ElitePokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 07:32 AM   #29
MikaruMenoko
Ice Fairy

MikaruMenoko

KRIS!DRUG
BAG FUCK
Old 24th June 2014, 04:49 AM   #30
Rich666
n00b

Rich666

Thanks for posting this, and glad to find a still activ-ish thread about it on the internet :P I only found out about this recently and wanted a ROM of it.
This was so I could play it on my PSP and see the screen properly :P I oddly DO have a physical cartridge of it though, just I don't have any techy knowledge of how to make my own ROM from it, and nor is this me asking anyone to tell me how to do it, just to note :P

Any idea if it's worth anything? I got it from a house clearance my brother went to, the plastic itself is purple and sparkly, the words ingraved into the plastic read 'GAME COLOR' (instead of Gameboy Color), and has the name 'Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition Crystal Version' on the label, and a picture of some Pokemon that I have no idea about (cause I kind of lost interest went they started to go over 151) :P It looks kind of green, white and purple though.

later edit:
I had to check first but I also have a boxed version (with badly translated manual and box) of Pokemon Silver, which from what I can work out appears to be an English translation of the Japanese version because of the title screen still being from 'Pocket Monsters', the translation in game seems fairly solid early on aside from some bizarre grammar errors, but from what little I remember from years ago it gets worse later on. The cartridge itself is grey and does appear to have once been the shell for a genuine Nintendo Gameboy game (which is still odd, given that Silver is a GameBoy Color game and all).

Last edited by Rich666; 24th June 2014 at 05:32 AM.
Rich666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crystal, pokemon, vietnamese, [GB/GBC]