PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Discussion Board > Archive

Notices

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 6th September 2010, 07:33 PM   #21
Zaibatsu

Zaibatsu is on a distinguished road
Question

So, I'm new to this community but when I was trying this out i got stuck a lesson 4, cause when i used the exact same script as you used it wont work.
Whenever I use and i press "Yes" I get the exact same message as when I press "No" and I don't get the egg.

I don't know what to do with it cause i also don't realy understand what it means if you type

checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump @whatever u want

How do you know when it needs to be 0x1 or something else, where do you base your decision on?

Thanks in advance

*** And yes i know my grammar sucks
Sponsored Links
Old 6th September 2010, 11:03 PM   #22
Alignment

Alignment is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaibatsu View Post
So, I'm new to this community but when I was trying this out i got stuck a lesson 4, cause when i used the exact same script as you used it wont work.
Whenever I use and i press "Yes" I get the exact same message as when I press "No" and I don't get the egg.

I don't know what to do with it cause i also don't realy understand what it means if you type

checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump @whatever u want

How do you know when it needs to be 0x1 or something else, where do you base your decision on?

Thanks in advance

*** And yes i know my grammar sucks
In fullmetal's script he should have used 0x0 instead of 0x1, I'm pretty sure that's the case, if not just use the actual words helps avoid a lot of confusion lol.

Like this:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @question
callstd MSG_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT TRUE
if == jump @answered_yes

'continue the script for what would happen if no was the option chosen

Basically TRUE would mean that yes was selected and FALSE would be no, in this case we didn't need to use false, just use the part bolded for that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShinobies View Post
It's good that PKSV has a script generator but sometimes you just can't get more complex stuff out of it.
This post makes me wish PKSV didn't have a script generator. It's fine if you use it, I mean it's there to be used, but if you rely on it that much it's a complete shame. You should read this tutorial and understand it. Use the script generator as a reference if you have to, tbh learned to script off decompiling FR scripts and this tutorial (goes to show how resourceful it can be).

As for people going for Pokescript- Who are you kidding? Pokescript is way out, you won't even get proper help when you need it in help threads, and it's a lot of hex in there, definitely not easier compared to PKSV or XSE...
Old 24th November 2010, 07:33 AM   #23
wwmb

wwmb is on a distinguished road
Default adding new secret bases

Hello,

I was wondering how you create a 'new' secret base in Pokemon R/S.

i made a new map, i added all 16 'item' people, and i put them in the same places that they are in the other bases, and i changed there unknown to 03 and their person ID's to there correct hex number (starting at AE and ending at BB); i changed the door's 'To warp no' to: 126 and the map bank and map to: 127 just like all the other secret base's have; and i added the 4 map scripts that the other bases have as well.

i cant tell what the secret base ID needs to be in the secret base sign post thing, every hex number up to F0 takes me to the bases that are there normally, and i don't want to replace any of them, so how do i make 3 'new'secret bases that could go into the secret base IDs that are larger than F0 because their all empty.

oh and i DID add the person who turns into who ever owns the base, and changed all his stuff (script, unknown, person number, est) to the stuff it is in the other bases.

so idk what im missing/doing wrong and what the secret base ID is to get to the base.
Old 26th January 2011, 02:19 AM   #24
ZodiacDaGreat

ZodiacDaGreat is on a distinguished road

Thread Locked~ Since it's over a month old.

Tags
pksv, scripting, tutorial, [Tutorial]