PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > Other Generations Hacking > ROM Hack Projects

ROM Hack Projects Find and play great Pokémon ROM Hacks here, or post your own hack project.
Note: This is not a place to recruit members for a team.

Old 22nd December 2013, 05:04 PM   #1
AvaraMoon
Mirage Of Tales Creator

AvaraMoon
Arrow Pokemon Mirage Of Tales: A New Age Dawns

Introduction:

Hi! I'm AvaraMoon and this is my first hack project. It's base is Pokémon Fire Red 1.0 BPRE. You don't really need to know about me, so let's get on with it!

Beginning Story:

Set in the region of Avlar, the player's story is a sad one. You are an orphan and have had to pretty much bring yourself up over the years. Your rival is a bully who has picked on you for being poor all the way through Pokémon School. Finally, it's the day of your final exam, which will allow you to travel on adventures and finally become financially stable. Your teacher Avara (yep, me) sees the potential in you and you have always been top of the class, so she gives you a special job just before you take your exam. There's been a brand new Pokémon discovery and she wants you to look after this special new Pokémon and help her unfold its mystery! But as always, there will be obstacles in your path...

Career System

The main stand-out feature of this hack is that I tried to make it as close to real-life as possible - with Police, crime, corruption, Licenses, References etc. If you get offered to do two things but do one before the other, the results will differ because you'll be 'late' for the other one - just like real time. Geddit? The best part about this is that once you graduate from School, you can choose your own career! This means there is no real storyline per say; but rather several different storylines which all lead to the same fundamental events. Your own personal storyline will unfold depending on the choices you make! You can have up to three careers at a time - the only two you can't do at the same time are the last two listed here, as they're kind of in competition with each other.

Trainer Career
  • This is the default career you start off with once you graduate.
    There are three ranks, Amateur, Professional and Master. You make money through battling. Amateurs are basically just School graduates who aren't too strong. The Professional License is given when you have won a certain amount of battles (technically speaking, it's the Rainbowbadge). The Master License means all Pokemon will obey you and enables you to enter the Avlar Championship Tournament.

Researcher Career
  • Two ranks, Basic and Master. While you're a Basic Researcher you get money, fame and rewards for filling a Pokedex or evolution. Master is awarded when the final mystery of the game is solved - the reward for this is a secret!

Seeker Career
  • A career introduced a little later than the two above, this one is solely based on fame, not money. Three ranks, Amateur, Professional and Master again. Seekers completely dedicate their lives to finding rare and Legendary Pokémon, and you progress depending on the Pokémon you bring to the boss. You can only become a Seeker if you're invited to join by the head of their secret society - the SFS.

Crime Career
  • As you can guess, becoming a member of Avlar's criminal Gang means you get to make innocent people's lives a misery - stealing Pokémon and items and getting to access the special currency of crime to buy illegally imported items and Pokémon. They also obviously go after rare and legendary Pokémon because they'd be worth so much, and will usually try to sabotage whatever the Seekers are up to. Amateur-level makes you just kind of like a Grunt, Pro means you get better missions and so on and so forth.

Screenshots:

Features:
  • Explore the wonderful region of Avlar!
  • No more Badges! Badges have been replaced by Licenses which permit you to do certain things.
  • Gain the References of important people for your CV to build your fame.
  • Licenses for HM moves like SURF and FLY can be 'applied for' at Registry Offices scattered throughout Avlar.
  • NO "evil team" stuff... It's been done to death and for me my least favourite game aspect. Some people are good, some people are evil! You can choose who you associate with.
  • As well as Pokemon Centres and Marts, most towns now also have Community Centres!
  • The Elite 4 has been replaced with the mighty 9-round Avlar Championship Tournament.
  • The Gym Leader Challenge is still present, but it's completely OPTIONAL. You do not have to battle the Gym Leaders - think of it as a fame-building, training side-quest. Choosing not to battle them will not affect your storyline.
  • Pokemon that were previously only able to evolve through trading or through day/night now evolve in different ways.
  • PLENTY of small sidequests to keep you busy.
  • A fantastic post-Championship (post-game?) sidequest that you thought you saw coming...
Bugs & Glitches:

• Some 4th/5th Gen Pokémon don't have menu icons yet. Azradon doesn't have one yet either because I haven't drawn a good enough one yet.
  • 4th/5th gen Pokémon do not have the correct cry.
  • Some things don't have an OW sprite yet, or a very good one due to the limitedness of 32x32 OWs in FireRed. This is something I'm working on.
  • Tanzite Tunnel is NOT available in this version yet. So when you get the split-storyline of either going to Lethean City or Iron Hollow first, you have to go to Iron Hollow, because there's no way of getting to Lethean City yet.

Credits:

Scripting - Me
OW/Fakemon Spriting - Me
Mapping - Me
Sprite Inserting - chrunch
The creators of the used tools; AdvanceMap, XSE, IntroEd, TM Editor Pro, Pokedex Order Editor, A-Text, A-Trainer, YAPE etc[.]

Downloads:

Version 2 contains ten cities and seven gyms.

https://www.mediafire.com/?k2px26z5i62hmwr

Last edited by AvaraMoon; 26th April 2014 at 01:01 AM.
AvaraMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Likes DarkPsychic, Aperso, Zoe Ayamoto liked this post
Sponsored Links
Old 24th December 2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Aperso
Puddleduck
PHO VIP

Aperso

I really like the look of this Hack. I would defiantly play it when it comes out, because it doesn't follow the the normal structure of a Pokémon game. I wish you the best on luck on this, and hope to see more news soon.

I'll come up with something to put here later.
Aperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 01:34 PM   #3
AvaraMoon
Mirage Of Tales Creator

AvaraMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperso View Post
I really like the look of this Hack. I would defiantly play it when it comes out, because it doesn't follow the the normal structure of a Pokémon game. I wish you the best on luck on this, and hope to see more news soon.
Thank you! Yeah precisely because of this it's gonna take a very long time to complete, with all the different storylines etc. I just have a few more scripts to put in and then I should have something to release =)

~AM
Likes Aperso liked this post
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:40 PM   #4
AvaraMoon
Mirage Of Tales Creator

AvaraMoon

Version 1 is finally here!
Details of what this patch contains:

• Seven cities
  • Six optional Gyms
  • Thirteen routes
  • A brand new mini-game, the Tri-Poke Challenge
  • All Careers available to choose, but only small progression in each
  • Lots of action-based events
As ever, please do not hesitate to PM me or comment on the thread about any glitches, bugs and oddities you might find. There are bound to be things I've not noticed or forgotten to fix, so I see it as help, not criticism =)

Someone who commented earlier suggested a great idea for if you want to experience all of the altering events of making save files for different choices.

Thank you so much to everyone who has shown interest in my hack. I hope you guys enjoy this!

https://www.mediafire.com/?pu5wydh37d9fqnw

~ AvaraMoon

Last edited by AvaraMoon; 25th January 2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: New patch with glitch fixes.
Likes Aperso liked this post
Old 24th January 2014, 02:56 PM   #5
CGJ
Neophyte

CGJ

I'll play it when I get home probably.
CGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 05:08 AM   #6
Chan23gaming
n00b

Chan23gaming

I ran into a slight glitch when catching lapras in the cave with the ancient pokemon where after the battle my screen went black. But after a little messing around I ended up in a wild encounter and the screen went back to normal.

Also I would love to help you develop the game and get the finished product out!! Mainly because I'm extremely excited to play more of the game!!!
Chan23gaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 10:00 PM   #7
Black_Phlaym
n00b

Black_Phlaym
Default Surf registration glitch

I have gotten 2 of the 3 hm registrations but when I go to talk to the admin of the registration office for Surf my game freezes but the music continues playing as if nothing happened. Please help me I have version beta 2.1 of the hack
Black_Phlaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 09:21 PM   #8
Dom1698
n00b

Dom1698
Default Starter glitch

For some reason my starter is the same as a tyrogue why has that happend
Dom1698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, dawns, mirage, pokemon, tales