PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > General Chat > Archive

Archive Old threads that serve no purpose are here.

Old 9th April 2015, 04:31 AM   #1
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!
Question Fire Red Camera Movement Script?

Alright, so I've got another question for an Idea I have guys. This one is a bit more advanced if it can be done. I'd like to have the player step on a script and it fade to a new map, and have a couple characters play out a scene and then fade back to the player. That's gotta be a camera movement script right? I haunt covered that yet, just want to know if it's possible and how would I go about it? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 9th April 2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Chrunch
Getting there...

Chrunch

What you could do is just warp the player to the new map (using the warpmuted command), then use a level script to hide the player and initiate the "scene". There's no other way to do it just using scripting (unless your scene is on the same map as the player).

Last edited by Chrunch; 9th April 2015 at 08:45 AM.
Chrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015, 03:11 PM   #3
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!

Thanks for the idea! So maybe just warp to another map, hide player sprite, and then execute movements and text commands. I think that may work, but its waaay above my head atm lol. but at least i have an idea of how to do it when the time comes. Thanks again!
Old 10th April 2015, 04:59 AM   #4
Chrunch
Getting there...

Chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeballGO! View Post
Thanks for the idea! So maybe just warp to another map, hide player sprite, and then execute movements and text commands. I think that may work, but its waaay above my head atm lol. but at least i have an idea of how to do it when the time comes. Thanks again!
Yup! I forgot to add, use fadescreen 0x1 to get the screen to fade before using warp. It will work, it's just not the cleanest way to go about it, but it's the easiest by far.
Old 11th April 2015, 05:21 PM   #5
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!

Alright cool, I'll try it out. I've got another question lol. I'm trying to make a simple give item script where one of the profs aids gives you pokeballs like in the other games but I can't get it to occur only once. If I use a set flag the sprite just disappears but the event still plays. It's one of those you step on to trigger. How can I make it happen only once, and the sprite still be there?
Old 18th April 2015, 11:10 AM   #6
Chrunch
Getting there...

Chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeballGO! View Post
Alright cool, I'll try it out. I've got another question lol. I'm trying to make a simple give item script where one of the profs aids gives you pokeballs like in the other games but I can't get it to occur only once. If I use a set flag the sprite just disappears but the event still plays. It's one of those you step on to trigger. How can I make it happen only once, and the sprite still be there?
Hey are you still having trouble with this? If so I'd be happy to help you :)

Last edited by Chrunch; 18th April 2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 18th April 2015, 05:03 PM   #7
PokeballGO!

PokeballGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrunch View Post
Hey are you still having trouble with this? If so I'd be happy to help you
Nah, i figured it out. At the time i wasnt very good with flags but ive since matserd them i think lol thank you though! Im sure i will have many more things i need help on soon lol

Tags
camera, fire, movement, red, script