PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online
Go Back   PHO - Pokémon Hackers Online > ROM Hacking > ROM Hack Projects > Ideas, Concepts & WIP

Ideas, Concepts & WIP Got an idea you need some feedback on? Or perhaps you have a concept or WIP hack you would like to show off.

Old 10th June 2016, 01:40 AM   #1
Matakaorilla
n00b

Matakaorilla
Default Early idea about a Team Rocket hack

So basically I came up with the idea of making a Team Rocket-themed hack after playing through Toxic Purple and Apollo, being disappointed that neither of them were finished. I had always wanted to become a Team Rocket member since when I was offered to become one after I beat all the trainers on the Nugget Bridge. I was disappointed that I was not able to become one, questioning GameFreak's cruel deception, making me believe I actually had a chance of becoming a Team Rocket Grunt. So basically a year ago, I had posted a thread on PokeCommunity, stating my idea and seeing if anybody would like to help my idea come to light, but before I could take off with the project, I had to abandon it due to college starting. Here is my original post from PokeCommunity, I apologize if this goes against the rules !

"Let me start off by saying I'm new to this, I just recently had an idea and thought it'd be cool to try and see how it goes. Anyways,

Hack name: Not sure, something along the lines of Team Rocket/Evil organization themed

Hack of: Preferably FireRed

Information about the hack: You wake up inside Team Rocket's base, and it's orientation day! You finally get to meet Giovanni, the renowned Team Rocket Leader and also the Viridian Gym Leader. You are so excited, because this is the day that you finally get to graduate from being a Cadet, and be promoted into a Grunt! You will be offered 5 different basic Grunt Pokemon, each with a special Rocket inspired move. After the graduation ceremony, you will be trained in how to steal Pokemon and rob stores, just like a true Grunt!

Finished percentage: 1% if you consider thinking about ideas being worth 1%

Your hacking skills: I've messed around with Advanced Maps and the other tools, but when i got to scripting, well, it wasn't fun.

What help or skill you're looking for: All? :')

Additional contact information: email would be best as of right now, mattehboy89@gmail.com

Additional information: Well, it'll be about Team Rocket or something, I would rather Team Rocket, since they're the most popular and I know the most about them. If nobody offers help its not a big deal, I'll go solo haha, and also if anyone wants help making their own, you could email me at your dispense. Thanks"

So by seeing this, you can see that I have little-to-none experience when it comes to hacking, but I would like to see my idea come to life. If possible, I would like to recruit a Co-Leader to help with a little bit of everything, a scripter, a mapper (I could help with this, I have played around with AdvancedMap a bit) and somebody who could help write the storyline, if needed.

Thanks for viewing this post, and if anybody has any similar ideas I would love to help out if I could. Please contact me at mattehboy89@gmail.com if you are interested in this idea or have any suggestions that would help.
Thanks.
Matakaorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links